Personality Cafe banner

If you hear voices, please share what your type is :)

• ESTJ

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • ESTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFJ

• ESFP

• ENFJ

• ENFP

• ENTJ

• ENTP

• ISTJ

• ISTP

• ISFJ

• ISFP

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • INFP

• INTJ

• INTP

Poll: Do you hear voices in your head? Which types are most likely to?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Helweh18 
#1 ·
Do you hear voices? Do you personify your processes? I have a theory certain types are more prone to such experiences. If you hear voices, or some variation of such a phenomenon, please add your type to the poll results. If you don't, but you have an opinion about which types you think are more prone, share in the comments. :)

#3 ·
@Debaser there was a thread i was just reading about how people experience their processes, in their head. a surprising number of people talked about working through things by assigning voices to the processes, and having them talk it out. i do not prescribe to the idea that all symptomology is malignant. carl jung himself had two voices he regularly conversed with, so i do consider it related to mbti.

#4 ·
So they talked the processes out without seeming to be in conscious control of the voices? Interesting. And like I said, my guess would be that these people are probably strong Ni users. I guess in such cases it is indeed quite possible for it not to be malignant, I agree with you on that. As long as the voices aren't telling you to do harmful things, and it's rather just a way to sort through one's mind, I suppose I could see how that works.

#6 ·
I'm not sure when you say "hear voice"
I have an inner dialog when I'm thinking.. it's like talking to myself. I wouldn't say that it's hearing voices and I'm certainly not schizophrenic.
Which MBTI types do you think are more prone to this type of thinking?

#7 ·
I previously shared this on another Personality Cafe thread: this TED talk by Eleanor Longden (who was diagnosed as a schizophrenic) on hearing "voices" in her head was inspiring -- she's a courageous woman, especially considering the lack of support she received from healthcare professionals. The talk nicely questions what it means to have a mental "disorder" or "handicap", and impels you to question how we should see such issues from societal and medical standpoints.

Blurb:

To all appearances, Eleanor Longden was just like every other student, heading to college full of promise and without a care in the world. That was until the voices in her head started talking. Initially innocuous, these internal narrators became increasingly antagonistic and dictatorial, turning her life into a living nightmare. Diagnosed with schizophrenia, hospitalized, drugged, Longden was discarded by a system that didn't know how to help her. Longden tells the moving tale of her years-long journey back to mental health, and makes the case that it was through learning to listen to her voices that she was able to survive.
Eleanor Longden overcame her diagnosis of schizophrenia to earn a master’s in psychology and demonstrate that the voices in her head were “a sane reaction to insane circumstances.” Full bio »

#9 ·
I don't actually hear voices talking to me. It's more of me thinking to myself. I work through various situations in my head before acting on them. I draw up the best plan to accomplish the goal as quickly as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.