Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
He's probably just trying to get some from an ENTP woman he knows, or wishes he knew. Whichever one.

Reactions: sinistralpal

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'm hijacking this thread and henceforth we're talking about the point at which you decide your shoes are too worn down to wear anymore. Is it when the fabric in the upper rips? Or when the sole wears down too much? At what point is "too much"? Like when it's just uncomfortable or when the sole has been rubbed down so your feet touch the pavement. Or do they just have to look like crap and you toss em? Personally I pretty much wear them until they're destroyed, by which I mean my foot is exposed through the upper or they're unbearably uncomfortable through erosion of the outsole.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
You know, I usually keep my shoes until the sole just becomes too uncomfortable to walk on. It either 1. Hurts or 2. When the sole wears down to the point that it's angled, like it you're walking lopsided (this only happens with wallabies). I don't usually care otherwise. I remember wearing shoes for a few months while one had a hole in them. Only reason I got new ones was because my mom pretty much forced me to.

Reactions: Vexilla Regis

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
My parents never let me wear shoes past the time the sole starts coming off...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Really? The sole peels off the bottom??? I know what Alistair is talking about where it becomes angled and you feel like you're walking uphill all the time, but I can't say I've ever had soles just outright peel off.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Eh, I probably said that wrong.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that I wear shoes maybe a little too long after their due date.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Meh, it's not as horrible as it sounds. They just start falling apart a little, yet they're still wearable. But my mom really does not like it...

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've gotten some holes in mine. I'm jealous of my friend though. At the end of a trek through the wilderness his shoes will completely come apart. They practically look like duck bills as they flap up and down.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My last pair of black dress shoes only lasted 6 months. Eh, it's my fault for wearing them almost exclusively though.

When it gets to the point where I avoid puddles because of shoe damage, it's time to get new ones.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Quietsage doesn't pay attention. He just faps.

As for shoes, I don't wear them out, I keep buying them. More is better. And more. I tried really really reallly realllllllllly hard not to buy shoes in England. How many did I start with....? One pair of runners, two pairs of MBT's, one pair of paddock boots, one pair of high heels, one pair of ballet flats, and "tame" brown heels.

Now, I have in addition to the above:
- another pair of ballet flats
- cowboy boots
- kick-ass Alice-In-Wonderland-ish heels
- mafia-cool saddle-shoe stilettos
- "tame" black heels
- adidas flats
- lactose flats
- flip-flops
- tall black boots with stiletto heel
- tall riding boots

This is good for me. Usually I have shoes I didn't even know I had.

^^^

There was a careless spell-check correction in here that I made. Please find it hilarious, on me.

Reactions: Black Rabbit

·
Banned
405 Posts
Kind soul (eg I like him to be caring, considerate & kind mostly since this is how I mostly am as long as noone interferes with my life).

Intelligent (I like to be able to connect intellectually with my mate & I'm definitley more physically attracted to him when this connection is present & he is willing to stand his ground on matters that interest him).

Handsome (I'm big on a nice smile & so nice teeth, a manly face & beautiful eyes, also like him to look after his appearance such as wear nice clothes, have a nice hair cut, etc.)

Nice body (ok so I don't necessarily like bulky men but I enjoy to hold a man with the body of a man (eg defined chest, biceps, strength & balanced body. I don't like scrawny men, my ideal male body type is athletic with some muscle).

Funny. I love laughing and a man that makes me laugh is a bonus but not only that, I find it incredibly sexy when a man has the ability to make me laugh a lot. I read somewhere that this is one of those things that women unconsciously find appealing on men since it indicates that a man is clever but from my experience men also enjoy a funny women (although I doubt he'd be impressed if she outstaged him with her humor, just as a woman wouldn't like it if a man outstaged her with his glamour).

Those were in no particular order & I think are pretty universal to all women. Ok your turn now, from the males perspective :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
It's the same shit. Funny, hot, intelligent, yeah, everyone on earth answers the question the same exact way, contribute something a bit more insightful please.

·
Registered
160 Posts
1. Intelligence
2. Confidence
3. Unique and diverse interests
4. Witty sense of humor
5. Big-picture thinker

1 - 20 of 40 Posts