Personality Cafe banner

MBTI INxx types what is your MBTI and socionics type?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
MBTI/Socionics statistics for INxx type conversions for 60 voters:

36/60 (60%) have converted with a j/p flip (i.e. INFJ - INFp)
18/60 (30%) have converted retaining j/p (i.e. INFJ - INFj)
6/60 (10%) have converted into a different type (i.e. INFJ - some other type)

The stats for ISxx types were:

17/23 (74%) have converted with a j/p flip (i.e. ISFP - ISFj)
4/23 (18%) have converted retaining j/p (i.e. ISFP - ISFp)
2/23 (8%) have converted into a different type (i.e. ISFP - some other type)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm glad to see I'm not the only MBTI INFJ who also found themselves to be an INFj (Ell) in Socionics. I did a lot of type comparison between Socionics INFp (lEl) and INFj just to make sure I wasn't biased in wanting to have a J at the end.

But nope, Ell + INFJ (MBTI) = Me.

I hope in the future we have a more comprehensive theory of personality, that maybe integrates both Socionics and MBTI.

Maybe the next psychological researcher who better understands cognitive functions is lurking in the forum right now. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
.. INTP ILI (INTp)

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Are the base and creative function the two most important/potent in socionics? If so the "switch" would be legit.
Yes these are called the "Bold" or confident functions. A person usually has a lot of confidence in their use and their information acceptance rate is very high - 4-dimensions for base function, and 3-dimensions for creative function.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
INFJ and IEI.

·
нånD gяênåDê
3,421 Posts
Yes these are called the "Bold" or confident functions. A person usually has a lot of confidence in their use and their information acceptance rate is very high - 4-dimensions for base function, and 3-dimensions for creative function.
@Captain Mclain

To be clear, cyamitide, the Creative function is actually Cautious, not Bold. Creative also produces information, not accepts.

The Base and Creative functions are the strongest of the valued ("stack") functions, and are equivalent to Dominant and Auxiliary, which is why the J/P--p/j switch is salient in introverts, because it maintains the Dominant as the Base and Auxiliary as the Creative.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
INxx and IEI-Ni.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm an MBTI INFJ and in Socionics I'm an INFp. I also took a test once and read up on it and it seems like my dominant function is Fe. At least the description in the website said that an INFp can have dominant Fe, or dominant Ni. I hope this is correct. I'm not so familiar with Socionics as with MBTI.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
INTP and INTj/LII.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't know what to vote, I was officially typed INTJ in MBTI but I self type INFJ. I am an IEI-Ni in socionics, both through official typings and self type. My first socionics test gave me LII tho, my mobilising won that part.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts