Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12 + years old

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
I don't know how old i was... when i had certain memories.

I definitely remember nine eleven, which happened when i was 5,5 years old... But i also remembered dark times at the end of 2000 and beginning of 2001 when i was almost 5 years old. I have vague memories from before, but i was being abused by my parents than...

·
Registered
15,258 Posts
When (should be when instead of what) is your earliest childhood memory?
Please write the year you were born and MBTI
Earliest vague memory - I recalled being by a set of brown carpeted stairs with 2 identical brunette girls saying the words " baby !"
Unsure how old I was then probably under 2

First conversational memory - 2.5/3
I asked my mom if I could have long hair when I grow up, all the other little girls had long hair or pig tails - mine was very short
"Mom when I grow up, can I grow my hair long ?"
" of course my dear "
" thanks that would be a dream come true "
Turned out - my hair was short bc I was bald for the first 2 years of my life and my hair was barely growing- my mother never cutted my hair

Enfp 1986

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
INTP, 1993

I remember that it was my birthday, and I don't remember exactly whether it was my 3rd or 4th, but I know that it must've been one of the two, and I'm more willing to bet on it having been my 3rd than my 4th.

·
Registered
65 Posts
4 years old is my earliest memory. I remember when I was in nursery and the two people I considered friends. I used to enjoy playing with sand. Also enjoyed playing Lego in a play cupboard. I'm born in 1984 and my personality type is ESFP.

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know how old i was... when i had certain memories.

I definitely remember nine eleven, which happened when i was 5,5 years old... But i also remembered dark times at the end of 2000 and beginning of 2001 when i was almost 5 years old. I have vague memories from before, but i was being abused by my parents than...
@Lakigigar I am so sorry to read that this happened to you.

·
Registered
962 Posts
My first vivid memory is from when I was about 2 years old. I was having my diaper changed, and remember watching the sunset between my legs and feeling the refreshing feeling of getting a new, clean diaper.

I also remember a fuzzy moment of looking up at a mobile in my crib—I was probably a little over a year old. Granted, that memory only came back after I looked at a picture of the mobile, but I faintly remember it nevertheless (plus, I remember looking up at it, which is a different perspective than the picture I saw). I have a freakish memory (it runs in my family).

I was born in 1992, and I'm an ENFJ.

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
My first vivid memory is eating at a specific Chinese restaurant when I was 2.5 years old.

Reactions: Preciselyd

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
My first memory was when I was about 2-3years of age. It was pretty much of me looking at myself in the mirror before going out, and then running away.
This got me thinking, so I decided to do some research on this topic:
A study found that by the age of 7 a child could recall about 60% of their early childhood memories, meanwhile, 8 and 9year olds were only able to recall less than 40% of their those memories, which the researchers described as the onset of childhood amnesia. This stemming most likely from the fact that our brains are quite immature during our early childhood, so they do not work as efficiently as now.

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My first memory was when I was about 2-3years of age. It was pretty much of me looking at myself in the mirror before going out, and then running away.
This got me thinking, so I decided to do some research on this topic:
A study found that by the age of 7 a child could recall about 60% of their early childhood memories, meanwhile, 8 and 9year olds were only able to recall less than 40% of their those memories, which the researchers described as the onset of childhood amnesia. This stemming most likely from the fact that our brains are quite immature during our early childhood, so they do not work as efficiently as now.
Thank you @Cal for sharing the research you found. Bless your heart looking in the mirror and running away.

·
Registered
589 Posts
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away ... I was 4 years old. Sitting on my big sister's red and blue tricycle in the front yard of the family home eating a strawberry Freddo frog. I have other early memories but this one is the most vivid.

I'm testing as ENTP these days (previously, I was the artist formerly known as 'INTP'). :eek:h:

·
Registered
157 Posts
No choice for me here. My earliest memory is when I was a year old when my dad brought me to his office. I still remember what the office looks like, and I remember seeing myself playing with a typewriter on the table, trying to decipher the squiggling letters which I couldn't read then.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Around 1-3 years or so. I remember being very sick and alone in a scary, poorly lit room where someone came in and gave me an injection.

The next major memory is around 3-4 - first day of kindergarten.

Lots more memories around 6-7 and then there's a bit of a gap till about 10-11.

ESTP

When I was like 3 and I stuck a metal earring in an electrical outlet simply cause my dad told me not to. It was an event that set the tone for the rest of my life as well
Hah. This is probably just a really weird coincidence and probably not related to type, but my ESFP ex's first memory was being slapped on the wrist by her dad for eating dirt :eek:h:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts