Personality Cafe banner

What is your Mother's Personality Type (INTPs Only)

• ISTJ

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 31 18.2%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 45 26.5%
  • INTJ

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • INTP

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • ENTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • INFP

Votes: 14 8.2%
  • ENFP

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • INFJ

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • ESFP

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • ISFP

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • ISTP

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • ESTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to take a poll on what the MBTI type is of INTPs mothers. I have a theory about what it will lean to, but I would like to see the results.

Thanks!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well it's not a big enough sample. But it's kinda what I expected. Most have an ISFJ mother, still need more votes though.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I think she is an ISFJ.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
INFJ, with a side order of INFP. What's the theory? And you'd have to compare it to the percentages in the population for it to mean anything, I suppose. Does seem to be more INFJs then that would predict, but, yeah, small sample size.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Mendi the ISFJ since I see your post on our threads, I thought you should see the results of this poll.
Interesting, my brother is INTP and my Mom is INFJ, i see alot of those out there also. I dont have any children so no worries LOL

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
My hypothesis is that there is no "theory" from the OP.

My hypothesis on the high number of ISFJ and ESFJ responses? Primarily I bet it's from INTPs who have a love-hate relationship with their mother, have no actual clue what type their mother actually is, and thus respond with ISFJ/ESFJ because they're the type INTPs are "least likely" to get along with on a regular basis.

·
Registered
785 Posts
My hypothesis is that there is no "theory" from the OP.

My hypothesis on the high number of ISFJ and ESFJ responses? Primarily I bet it's from INTPs who have a love-hate relationship with their mother, have no actual clue what type their mother actually is, and thus respond with ISFJ/ESFJ because they're the type INTPs are "least likely" to get along with on a regular basis.
My mother is ISFJ, I got her tested. Your hypothesis is invalid.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts