Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Turi, in the ancient times, was known as the "Untypable, the Grey". Legends say that if he labels himself as the same type for over a week, the end of the world — No, the universe, shall come to us. Therefore, in short, he is probably an INFJ.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Jokes aside, I could see him as an INTP, just fine. From my perspective, his posts are very Ne-heavy and while the way he presents his thoughts seem more Te, the way thoughts are structured, at least when shared with us, seem more Ti.

That said, he says he is a Ni-dom, so there is nothing to be discussed. Surely he knows himself better than others.

·
Registered
790 Posts
he is everything. INTP,INFP,INTJ,ENFJ,INFJ,ISTJ,ISTP,ESFP,ESFJ,ESTJ,ENTJ,ISFJ,ENFP,ENTP,ESTP and ISFP.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I suppose I should clear things up, lol.
I prefer INFJ.

To provide the worlds worst run-down:

Ni.
I am a dominant perceiver - by default, I observe, reflect, then act - ergo, an introverted dominant perceiver.
My observations and reflections are relatively neutral, I'm not attempting to categorise information ala Ti and I'm not attempting to see how things sit with me ala Fi.

Not to mention, I don't know what you guys are smoking sometimes, but I'm clearly an "intuitive" dominant - I state things as fact when they're nothing but abductive reasoning or hypothesis (this is essentially divining, if you've got Depth Typology by Mark Hunziker) and I get defensive and take a "fuck you" stance when the validity of what I say is challenged or questioned, or IRL, I simply attempt to divert the conversation - this is almost a verbatim descriptor of an INxJ from Lenore Thomsons Personality Types: An Owners Manual, and I use it, and like it, because although it's negative, it's a perfect fit - these traits distinguish Ni from Si in myself, as Si is far more thorough, precise and accurate and therefore Si users are infinitely less prone to possess the same/similar Achilles Heel.

I make wild assumptions and there are massive flaws in my logic, which get pointed out to me every so often - for the most part, I feel my conclusions and observations/ideas are relatively on-point, I'm not overly concerned with building them up with supporting evidence because evidence in itself is something I'm skeptical of and question 24/7 which is where I feel I separate myself from the possibility of having Te in the auxiliary position.

I am an extreme conspiracy theorist (this likely spawns from my focus, and therefore belief, in what isn't, which equates to me being suspicious of what is), I believe you'll find a lot of Ni dominants to be into conspiracy theories, they're made for us.
I prefer to work with ideas, theories, abstract topics, fantasies, daydreams, dreams and concepts rather than anything based in the 'real world' - and the 'real world' includes my own feelings or impressions about things (not something I often think about), shifting from these into subjects that are more tangible means that I would be forced to deal with "facts" and "reality" more than I would like to, and this will sound pathetic - but I realise that getting involved in those topics directly opposes my natural preference to stray from using facts, or relying on any kind of 'real world' support.

Fe.
Most decisions I make, I make with the values, beliefs, thoughts and opinions of others in mind, for every day life - however for larger, possibly life-altering decisions, I take a holier-than-thou stance, and prefer to make them of my own accord - still taking into consideration all of the factors I outlined, however I simply believe I know best, and I don't trust other people to take everything I perceive, into account properly.
I realise this sounds arrogant, but arrogance, imo, is simply a byproduct of Ni.

All of this however is in support of my Ni, I will make decisions that go against all logic if I "know" it's the right thing to do - this isn't an Fi "hunch" or feeling, rather it's spawning from me simply seeing how things play out and knowing the right thing to do - the best thing to do, for all involved.
This isn't at all to say I'm always accurate, just because I lead with Ni doesn't mean I'm "good" at it per say, it just means I lead with Ni.

My Ni has been way off the rails, I've had a couple of people in the car and just "knew" I'd have enough fuel to do what we wanted to do - 45 minute drive to the next town, where we would fill up.
I did not have enough fuel. :)

Se.
My inferior function is Se, undeniably Se - everything about Se fits this position, from it being something to indulge in times of recreation to clear my mind, to it being a stress trigger - not that I get stressed out often, but when I do - Se.

There is no other function in Naomi Quenks Was That Really Me? that fits this position for me so beautifully, it's just the only option here.

Obviously there's more to it, but that's a brief run-down.

A couple of other random things I'll add:

It took me a while to recognise my dominant function was Ni, it simply didn't click that the imagery in my head, and how my mind works, was what the Ni descriptors talk about. I still have difficulty accepting that Ni isn't how everyone sees the world.

I originally tested as INTP and questioned it immediately (on a forum, there's proof), and I knew immediately that according to how I understood the dichotomy I should have been an INFP - as in, I knew I was an introverted intuitive feeling perceiver without even reading the descriptions.
Learning about cognitive functions just shifts that to be INFJ to accurately represent what I already knew about myself, immediately after taking my first ever mbti style test (it was 16personalities..).

In this post, I score the lowest on Ni and Fe:
http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/1054641-most-accurate-extensive-cognitive-functions-test-3.html#post36253202
However almost two weeks earlier, I scored as an INFJ on the same test and can prove this.

For whatever reason, I dislike the idea of being an INFJ in general and tend to fight this, I'd rather be almost any other type, I have known it's the right type for months now (I only even found out about MBTI or typology in like.. March at the earliest..), maybe it's a little sadistic but I want to tear down and expose my own type and dominant function for what they truly are, stripped of all mystique etc.

I feel like I actively oppose the BS hype and stereotypes etc. There's some kind of crusade in my head against it.
This is probably why I like to try to be other types etc just hoping something else clicks, unfortunately nothing does.
I'm 100% open to being any other type.

FWIW, on Reddit I've been typed as basically everything, but ENTP has came up twice now, from some oddball questionnaires.

This has nothing to do with cognitive functions really, but as a kid I used to see auras, still do though far less frequently, I frequently experience deja vu, as a kid I'd get stopped by random people on the streets and in shopping centres who'd just want to stare at me, or talk to me, for some reason (always weird hippy kinds of people) - even with my parent(s?) around.

I have always had a fascination with the paranormal and have seen ghosts though I deny it because it's easier that way, I used to 'intuit' the rooms where my family members had passed away in hospital, I 'intuit' when people are shit i.e pedophiles and whatnot and I'm always right, my intuition has never once been wrong about the guilt (or lack thereof) of people I see lying etc - not just IRL, but also on TV - and my ridiculous accuracy is actually a trait I'm prized for amongst my friends and families who will send me clips of people and ask me questions to see what I think of them, see if they're guilty of murder etc etc all the usual stuff.. in this fashion, I suppose people take advantage of me but it's nice to know I have at least one redeeming trait.

Something about me tends to attract other people, whether I want this attention or not doesn't seem to matter, and because of this, I always feel other people want to cut me down for no real reason - something similar to tall poppy syndrome, except it's completely unwarranted - this has been something that's permeated my entire life, it's inescapable.
Where I get stopped by strangers at the shop and told I'm "the golden child", someone else wants to see me trip over my shoelaces.
I can't explain this, however I've read something like this is an Ni dominant "thing" - I wouldn't have a clue why - my guess is it's some kind of attraction/repulsion with regards to that air of confidence/arrogance Ni doms carry around with them (even though I don't feel it).

My Ni, if viewed as a detachment from reality of some sort (which it basically is) - i.e thoughts that aren't based in the past, present, nor future - is so strong, so overwhelmingly powerful, that I fail to identify it in other people and can have issues typing people as Ni types because I just gloss over what other people see as "Ni" as nothingness, just words - common sense. The usual.
In fact this is the reason I failed to identify it in myself for a while - when I'd read about imagery/symbolism etc, I just figured these questions or descriptors meant something more.. it didn't click that this was what was going on in my head, when it finally did click, well fucking finally, all the pieces fell into place.

Anyway, I'll STFU now, I just figured that since this was a thread, for whatever reason - that I should chime in and explain what type I prefer, I like trying on new hat - it helps me get a feel for their functions for some reason - but I realise whatever understandings I come up with, will all be via an Ni perspective.
I am totally open to alternate typings etc though - I just don't believe in boxing yourself into any one particular type and closing the lid, sounds like a shitty narrow-minded idea, to me.

I know this post makes me come across as the worlds most self-absorbed wanker but I mean holy shit, someone made an entire thread about my type, I had to explain why I'm an INFJ, in some way, haha.

My apologies to anyone who gets an image in their head of someone smiling at themselves in a hand-held mirror with golden trimmings and beautiful, long, flowing hair. That wasn't my intention.

·
Banned
1,430 Posts
I would've thought INTP. Allow me to lay it out for y'all.

1. Turi has L from Death Note for an avatar.
2. L is the biggest INTP in fiction there ever was.
3. Turi obviously looks up to L and seeks to emulate him in everything he says and does.
4. Therefore @Turi is an INTP.

In all seriousness, I would buy any of the four IN types for him.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think your enneagram is what makes it hard for you to settle on INFJ @Turi

being a 5w6 is what makes you not seem like the typical INFJ by any means and led a lot of us, me included into feel like you're a thinking type. but 5w6 INFJ - that combinations clears up a lot of confusion for me about your type. Also 514 is definitely a INxJ tritype for sure. I think I may be that same tritype even though I have no idea in which order.

·
Registered
385 Posts
@Turi I think your post on Si-doms was actually a good example of your ~Ni-ness~. Si-doms all seemed to be skeptical of it to an extent as well. They weren't really wanting to ride along completely with what you were proposing and it seemed like they viewed it as being a bit "out-there".

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Umm... are we supposed to be questioning his type like this? I thought there was a rule against this somewhere.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I think your enneagram is what makes it hard for you to settle on INFJ @Turi

being a 5w6 is what makes you not seem like the typical INFJ by any means and led a lot of us, me included into feel like you're a thinking type. but 5w6 INFJ - that combinations clears up a lot of confusion for me about your type. Also 514 is definitely a INxJ tritype for sure. I think I may be that same tritype even though I have no idea in which order.
I only really test as a 5w4, except on the similarminds one, where I typed as a Type 9 (first time I ever heard about Enneagram) - which I ran with for about a month or two, I think, mistype imo - I remember taking another Enneagram test shortly afterwards (same day) and getting Type 5.

I switched to 5w6 recently because someone suggested it, and I was made aware that 5w4 results are thrown out like candy in online tests, which made me skeptical which in itself is kind of a 6ish thing?

From what I've seen of your posts, I'm not sure about the Type 1 - you don't really come across with that kind of vibe.
Type 1s as I understand them have a bit of a perfectionistic/arrogance streak about them.
I might even be a 1w9 core.

I would've thought INTP. Allow me to lay it out for y'all.

1. Turi has L from Death Note for an avatar.
2. L is the biggest INTP in fiction there ever was.
3. Turi obviously looks up to L and seeks to emulate him in everything he says and does.
4. Therefore @Turi is an INTP.

In all seriousness, I would buy any of the four IN types for him.
I was considering making my avatar this:

But I thought that might have been taking it too far, lol.

@Turi I think your post on Si-doms was actually a good example of your ~Ni-ness~. Si-doms all seemed to be skeptical of it to an extent as well. They weren't really wanting to ride along completely with what you were proposing and it seemed like they viewed it as being a bit "out-there".
Some Si doms dug it though, that post was nowhere near where I think Si actually goes.

One thing I believe could be attributed to Si is this:
Detecting Unidentified Changes

Essentially it's just about people having some kind of "6th sense", that feeling of knowing something is off even if they can't identify what is off - and it seeks to prove this is a common phenomenon, not attributed to any kind of psychic bullshit, it's just the way the brain processes information - lots of information at once, and it's attention is drawn to stronger features etc rather than subtleties, but it still picks up subtle differences under your level of conscious perception.

Of course, I might be wrong here, and be blending dominant Ni and inferior Se, into my understandings of Si - I'm completely aware of this.

Have a read of this and tell me it doesn't sound like it could be connected to either Si or Ni, in the way it seems to filter out additional information:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N2pc

..and, from here:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19580382
Recently, it has been debated whether changes in visual scenes can be detected ("sensed") without a corresponding perception of the changing object ("seeing") and whether these phenomena build on fundamentally different perceptual processes (...)

Although the visual awareness negativity (VAN)/selection negativity was similar for detection with and without identification, a change-related positivity and the N2pc contralateral to changes were found exclusively when the change was fully identified.

This finding indicates that change identification requires perceptual and neural processes that are not involved in mere detection. In a second experiment, we demonstrated that the VAN and N2pc effects are similar to effects of selective attention in a visual search task. By contrast, the change-related positivity was specific for conscious processing of visual changes.

The results suggest that changes can be detected ("sensed") without perception of the changing object. Furthermore, sensing and seeing seem to rely on different neural processes and seem to constitute different types of visual perception.
This certainly sounds like something one could attribute to Ni-Se to me, however something about the whole idea just "fits" with how I imagine Si to work. I can't really explain why.
Keen to hear from Si doms about this.

--

I'm also wondering whether Si users rely more on explicit memory than Ni users, as explicit memory requires conscious thought - and the way in which Si works - where the user is focusing on their own subjective impressions of a thing, is surely a conscious process, ergo this just makes sense to me. Need to work on this idea.. it certainly ties in beautifully with how episodic memory and semantic memory work.

This then makes me wonder whether Ni users are more reliant on implicit memory than Si users, as implicit memory is unconscious, and the way in which procedural memory works might help explain why Ni user appear to just 'know' things - when in actuality, it may be that their Ni is working off of 'priming' and procedural memory, perhaps in combination, in the back of their minds - this idea certainly sounds like "connecting the dots" to me.

These ideas, of course, would actually support the above re: N2pc being more in favour of something Ni-Se might prefer, but eh.
I might be mixing Si and Ni to some degree, I'm not sure.

Perhaps it's hard for me to understand Si for what it truly is, as my dominant function is Ni, so I keep adding Ni into everything I think/understand about Si, because I'm trying to comprehend an alternate introverted perceiving function to my own.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.