Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine this scenario ;

You go out to a crowded supermarket/store with your ( female )friend/mother/sister, finally you two are waiting in the line, & after a while one woman comes cuts the line & tries to stand in front of you two.
Your friend/mom/sister reminds her that in a serious way, but then she gets kinda angry & says rude things & then they get into fight (argument).

Poll)) would you interfere & get involved (for example to defend your friend/mom/sis) ?
Or not?

& what is your MBTI type?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
It would depend on how many items the lady had.

If she just wanted to buy one item, I wouldn't care at all if she cut in front of me because one item takes mere seconds to buy, so I wouldn't do anything about it.

While I might disagree with what she did in principle, in practicality I frankly don't give a shit.

I wonder if this is a Te/Ti question. I guess I chose the Te response.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would say, This would not escalate to a big fight if you just told is you were in a hurry or (insert reason),you could have asked us,we are friendly. Now when you have fought for that spot for so long,you can have it,you need it more than I
ENFJ

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I would get so mad if that happened to me. First of all, I would inform the cashier and stand my ground in front of the lady. I would tell her, "I don't care how much of a rush you're in or why you feel so entitled as to cut in front of us. That is not how a line works. We did not give you permission to do that, you rude, self-important jerk, so you can back it up because the cashier will not be assisting you until we've paid for our groceries". Then I would ignore her.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would defend them and I would not let her cut the line. It's a matter of principle. If she had asked, it might would've been different, but in this case, fuck you, lady.
I'm INFP.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I have a hard time not letting people walk over me. My reaction would depend very much on certain cues picked up in the situation. Most likely I would cock my head slightly and give her a slight judging look. If she were to be very rude to someone I love/care about and attack in a manner that I deemed too far, I might say something or I might hug whomever I'm with and tell them that shit happens and to be happy that at least we aren't that lady.

INFJ.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It would probably depend on the overall situation, but I'd most likely either roll my eyes and detach from the situation and let them sort it out themselves, or point out that budging is rude but they're both being unnecessary by causing a scene. It's likely not that big a deal, she budged in line not burned your crops, let's just pay for our shit and get this over with so we can all carry on with our day.

INTJ

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'd teach the knuckle-dragger to walk upright: politely asking her to bend after I solicited the janitor to lend me his broomstick...

ENTP

·
Registered
46 Posts
My exact response varies. I mean are we talking verbal dispute going on or full on, fist brawl? Did the individual who went ahead look distressed at first (before my friend/relative said anything)? Did they have only a couple items?
Things like this would cause my response to vary since I would custom tailor it to diffuse everything properly.
More than likely my goal overall would be to...resolve the conflict. Whether this is done by simple talking and pushing them apart or more physical means would, again, vary depending on the other parties involved.

INFP here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am surprised at how difficult this is to answer because I know I tend to let this sort of thing happen and have been mortified by the results the two times in my life when I spoke up. I suspect I would give the line cutter dirty looks and mutter something about being a jerk and then offer verbal support to my companion.

·
Registered
162 Posts
ISFJ
Of course I would get involved and defend my mom (I'm not dating yet and I don't have a sister.). I love my mom very much and I will always try to protect her if needed. Maybe if the person who cut in line had an emergency or a crisis to get to and asked I would've let her. I'd stand my ground and yell at the cashier about her and consistently shove her out of line if she tries to get mad and get in the line.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ISFJ

At the moment, what I'm thinking is that cutting a line like that is just plain rude. It's like saying "please" or "thank you" - no, it's not a big deal, but it's manners, right?

IF she had told me from that start that she's only got one item and/or she was in a hurry, and wanted to cut in, I would have TOTALLY let her through.

But now that the damage is done, the question is would I interject and defend mum/sister/friend/whoever ?? Well, I probably would not interject because I'm shy AND I am a scardy cat. I need more practice to assert myself like that.

·
Beer Guardian
14,666 Posts
Imagine this scenario ;

You go out to a crowded supermarket/store with your ( female )friend/mother/sister, finally you two are waiting in the line, & after a while one woman comes cuts the line & tries to stand in front of you two.
Your friend/mom/sister reminds her that in a serious way, but then she gets kinda angry & says rude things & then they get into fight (argument).

Poll)) would you interfere & get involved (for example to defend your friend/mom/sis) ?
Or not?

& what is your MBTI type?
"Excuse me, but what do you think you are doing? The line starts back there."

The lady would end up on her ass. It would be different if she had one or two items and asked nicely, but to rudely cut in front of us, I wouldn't stand for it. I'm not judging, but I do believe in a fair, polite, society.

ENTP

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone for answering!!!

This actually happened to me a few months ago, and I still feel guilty for not defending my mom!

that woman yelled and was really rude, so I was too scared too do something!

I deffo need to learn to be stronger in this society!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
ENFP. I would try to convince them to just let it go, and then get her to come to another line with me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts