Personality Cafe banner

Polls?

• I often contribute because no poll is complete without my opinion!

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I often contribute, but only when I am interested in the subject.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • I often contribute, but randomly select things.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I don't often contribute, but I still collect data from them.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I don't often contribute because they are completely worthless.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other opinion (please specify).

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I'm an INTJ.

• I'm not an INTx.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the results of this poll will be greatly skewed, but if you have any thoughts, post them below.

I have been wondering about the validity of polls / surveys / questionnaires around the type of people
who generally contribute to them. I noticed that INTPs had the most polls in their forums of the MBTI
types (Besides INTJs, no other type was even close. I'd think that the data searching and mathematical method of providing a way to express opinions without confrontation causes this.). Does this mean we are actually over-represented in polls, or just data nerds?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Data Nerd, Mmmm...

I'll take that title.

I don't think we use polls for their "non-confrontational" aspect*. INTPs are, for the most part, pedantic nit-picking little douchebags, we'll find a way to criticise (not always directly. That would be too much of a bother).

* which doesn't make sense to me either. Polls can only have a limited amount of options. That requires that you generalize. Polls actually promote confrontation as they are incapable of effectively conveying the complexities of a person's actual opinion (assuming the opinion is complex).

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Data Nerd, Mmmm...

I'll take that title.

methinks @Ista holds that title still unless she wants to relinquish it... she's been lazy as of late... her data mining seemed to have came to a halt due to real life...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
methinks @Ista holds that title still unless she wants to relinquish it... she's been lazy as of late... her data mining seemed to have came to a halt due to real life...
He can share the title (more like a designation rather than a title). Besides, I'm feeling mighty proud of myself. I'm busy downloading the whole english portion of Wikipedia.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
This thread is mindfuck. It's a poll about polls and has option for those who don't contribute to polls.
I was thinking the same thing. it is biased towards those who contribute to polls because, if you don't contribute to polls, you're probably not going to contribute to this one leaving those who don't contribute under-represented.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
This poll would have worked better as a public poll.

But just a month or two ago you were thinking I was too obtrusive/argumentative/needed to work more. :mellow:

I have been off caffeine. Hence my brain doesn't feel as much like it has a colony of rabbits running around bouncing off the walls and grasping at straws and laying down laws.

There. You'd be happier if I never posted again, wouldn't you?

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
Thanks for that; now the data that has been collected is completely useless thanks to this one obscure data point..
Exactly. And pffft... That's the problem with polls. Are people answering honestly? And are their answers accurate portrayals of their situation, or are they unable to answer accurately because they can't observe themselves objectively?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts