Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now its said that men and women have differences regarding to this reality. That men would be perhaps more poly and women maybe a little more mono. I have witnessed such an overwhelming quantity of differences in this set up it has actually become really hard to form any valid pattern to the why of it all. It might be natural reason such as women need to carry the mini-one for the 9 months plus the breastmilk and so on while men can basically just seed and go. But then again there are the condoms, etc. Having a hard time to decide the motivations.

I find this rather interenting cause it models a lot the mating dynamics per se.

In my personal case, poly means almost possible and even probable take in with diseases, emotional turbulence, a lot of social openings and generally a really bad risk-reward scenario. Then again poly is perhaps a very good, even great choice for exxp's, and often enough this is how the cookie crumbles indeed. So personality plays a role, but is there else to this too?

Anyway, to those who want to answer, why you chose/keep choosing mono- or polysexual behaviour?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am a fan of monosexuality.Mostly cause I don't enjoy sex with strangers or people that I am not emotionally attached to.I feel quite uncomfortable with it and it's more stressful than it is enjoyable.Also I like stability in my life in terms of relationships with other people.
I believe that poly is more for ExTP,IxTP types.But I know an INTJ that loves polysexuality so I don't know.

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ixtp is new to me. Might be so, but wouldnt introverts supposed to prefer depth? Kimi Raikkonen is intp, now i do not know of his party style, but there havent been that many wifes so far?

Exxp means vast, many and new. Exxp are therefore very experienced sexually. Sure, that experience is mainly bought by any type of goods exchange, but there are some entp males and females I used to know that actually greatly enjoyed random sex. Also the majority of entps Ive known in my life are actually quite a bit of players too so the birds actually did accept the poly behaviour of these guys, being even obsessed by them. Oddly not even one intj bird ever played along. Intjs women seem not to overlook cheating. Its more like one dip and puff your gone. So loyality seems a big think for intjs in general. Whats the poly intj you mentioned alike? Like double, even multiple dating or up to group gang set ups?

Im asking bc I can not understand where this type of behaviour derivates from at all. I tried to get it back in the uni but no success in that really. To sex or to not to sex?

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Actually I think a more typical (traditional?) theory is that women are more polygamous than men. Or at least, would benefit more from it.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200802/the-paradox-polygamy-ii-why-most-women-benefit-polygamy

Anyway I'm not sure about my own preference.. I feel that I'm mono by default. But how do you tease that apart when you grow up in a monogamous society? It's said that as a species we can go either way (vs. species who are very clearly poly or mono). So maybe if I was raised in a poly society that'd be my default.

I'm kind of lazy when it comes to "pursuing" (another example: not smoking pot largely because it's hard to get when it's illegal here and meh, too much work), so polygamy not being largely available/mainstream could have shaped my preferences.

I'd say mono vs poly is not much of a hardwired preference, since humans seem biologically ambivalent about it.

Reactions: Asmodaeus

·
Banned
619 Posts
I'm kind of lazy when it comes to "pursuing" (another example: not smoking pot largely because it's hard to get when it's illegal here and meh, too much work), so polygamy not being largely available/mainstream could have shaped my preferences.

I'd say mono vs poly is not much of a hardwired preference, since humans seem biologically ambivalent about it.
I'll second that. And add that, having tried both, there's pros and cons to both.

I'm personally too introverted to have the social energy for more than one in the long run. Sexually yes but socially no. Emotionally depends entirely on who's involved.

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
I think that is a more cultural thing than anything.
If one is raised in a monogamy culture, the bar is higher for later in life exploring it.
Personally I've seen more XFPs and NFJs gone down that road.
Not that my biased impression, necessarily reflect the actual distribution of people converting to a poly lifestyle.

Reactions: ninjahitsawall

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
What do you mean by choose? Isn't poly-, mono- and pan-sexuality about sexual attraction to gender?

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I'll second that. And add that, having tried both, there's pros and cons to both.

I'm personally too introverted to have the social energy for more than one in the long run. Sexually yes but socially no. Emotionally depends entirely on who's involved.
Lol that's another thing, you can't realistically expect to just get three(four?)somes out of it and that's it. Like the emotional/social aspect is gonna come into play somehow. It's the same problem that comes up with random hookups (somehow ending up more involved than you wanted to be with each other). Though I'd imagine with more people involved it'd occur more often...

What do you mean by choose? Isn't poly-, mono- and pan-sexuality about sexual attraction to gender?
Pan, yes. Poly/mono is not about gender (except maybe on Tumblr nowadays, which I don't frequent but wouldn't be surprised if mono- and poly-gender were a thing now...)

Polysexuality presumably (from the responses here) is synonymous with polyamory, i.e. having more than one intimate partner. Vs. monogamy..yeah.

Reactions: Dennitsa

·
Banned
619 Posts
Lol that's another thing, you can't realistically expect to just get three(four?)somes out of it and that's it. Like the emotional/social aspect is gonna come into play somehow. It's the same problem that comes up with random hookups. Though I'd imagine with more people involved it'd occur more often...
IME it's mostly about the social/emotional aspects.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
IME it's mostly about the social/emotional aspects.
...I'm still mastering having a conversation with more than one person at a time. lol

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Lol that's another thing, you can't realistically expect to just get three(four?)somes out of it and that's it. Like the emotional/social aspect is gonna come into play somehow. It's the same problem that comes up with random hookups (somehow ending up more involved than you wanted to be with each other). Though I'd imagine with more people involved it'd occur more often...

Pan, yes. Poly/mono is not about gender (except maybe on Tumblr nowadays, which I don't frequent but wouldn't be surprised if mono- and poly-gender were a thing now...)

Polysexuality presumably (from the responses here) is synonymous with polyamory, i.e. having more than one intimate partner. Vs. monogamy..yeah.
Yeah, going by the responses here which also incorrectly talk about poly and monogamy. Pretty sure poly- and monosexuality refer to attraction to just one or more genders.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Yeah, going by the responses here which also incorrectly talk about poly and monogamy. Pretty sure poly- and monosexuality refer to attraction to just one or more genders.
Well also going by the OP, seems to be asking about one vs many partners as opposed to genders.

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts
From a purely pragmatic and dispassionate perspective, I think it all depends on a cost-benefit analysis based on situational circumstances.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts