Personality Cafe banner

When did you feel comfortable pooping in front of your SO?

• We haven't reached that point in our relationship.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • No matter whose butt poo comes out of, it still smells bad, so we have never felt comfortable.

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • 0-2 months

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • 2-6 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6-12 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-2 years

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • 2+ years

Votes: 3 6.5%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I know some couples do this, but I don't know at what point this begins to happen. So, PerC lovebirds, at what point in your relationship did you become comfortable with pooping with the door to the bathroom open while in the presence of your SO?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I feel that no matter the duration of a relationship I would never be comfortable pooping in front of my partner. I can smell myself and sometimes I smell pretty bad so I don't want that to be known, and I don't want to smell my partner. Plus, I have to sit a certain way and get into a sort of groove before anything comes out. Overall, I say too much comfort in a relationship is the beginning of the end.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I'm broke as hell, and live in a one bedroom house with one bathroom with my father and brother. We encounter each other taking bowel movements on daily basis. Life is sweet.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
... Really? :dry:

My bathroom time is my time. I don't even use public restrooms unless it's an emergency. I'm pretty sure I would be quite content going my entire life never having this particular experience with an SO.

It's bad enough when I or she have had to warn the other not to use the bathroom for awhile afterwards. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
960 Posts
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I'm pissing myself over here! Shoot! It's the only time I get his undivided attention. He comes home, walks to the bathroom for his afternoon relief...and summons me to sit on the side of the tub for a chat...I've never closed the door at home. :blushed: At a friend's house, sure, let's close that door. Lock it maybe, in case of stray kids. But, yeah.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I'm pissing myself over here! Shoot! It's the only time I get his undivided attention. He comes home, walks to the bathroom for his afternoon relief...and summons me to sit on the side of the tub for a chat...I've never closed the door at home. :blushed: At a friend's house, sure, let's close that door. Lock it maybe, in case of stray kids. But, yeah.
LMAO, i know what you mean by summons you. My man will do that when he has a bath, wants me to sit on the toilet seat and chat him up..LOLz...i know what his real motives are though, he's looking for a good back wash ;)....We close our door out of habit for pooping, although i have no issues summoning him for paper if its low ;)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
My mom has seen just about every inch of my body and she still feels no shame about seeing it. I don't let her see me pooping, and she's my mom. No one else on this planet has as much permission from me than she does.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
wtf? That's all I'll say about the matter:laughing:

Reactions: Master Mind

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
The mental imagery to making love to the porcelain throne in constipation... and then sex... reminds me of the scene from that Jason Bateman movie... what was it? The Switched? The Changed something? It was where he swapped brains with Ryan Reynolds...

anyway... gross... even if it's shared places where one dumps, while the other does makeup, wash face, brush teeth, etc... If it's a one bathroom house, I'd make it a mission to put in another bathroom down in the basement.... just in case.... like when there's company over and there's a line to use the throne.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
This is absolutely disgusting. NEVER. I was in a six year relationship and my ex was considerate enough to keep that stench away from me, and vice versa.

What the hell.

I don't take a shit in front of anyone.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Pooping is a part of life and a joke in my house. I don't mind at all that we are "comfortable" about normal body functions. Yes I prefer to poo in private, but it's his fault/nose if he walks in. I laugh at his "gotta go gotta go gotta go right now" shuffle walk.

I have bowel issues, but if I finally have a good poo I start singing "CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON!"

lol

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
My bathroom is quite small, so I'm one of those irritating people who shuts the door, but so that the door rests against the frame as opposed to fully shut. Basically, because I'd rather have the tiny amount of air flow but retain privacy. Yes, SO's have forgotten I do this, yes they have been pissed off at me; no my behaviour did not change. If anything, I'd point out the light's on and I shout my presence when I hear someone nearing the door lol. In a larger bathroom though, door fully closed and locked. *shrugs*

Reactions: Berdudget

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
We are very comfortable with using the toilet in my household. Unless it's an 'I just ate out taco bell, this is going to be some uncontrollably fiery shit' situation we've always kept the door open. Otherwise we close the door and open a window for a bit and that's more to keep the smell from getting anywhere in the rest of the apartment than for privacy's sake. We live in a studio apartment, we have no privacy anyway. It's no big deal.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts