Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else HATE posing for pictures? When I'm travelling with my family or at a family function and my mom wants me to be in a photo "for memories" i want nothing less than to be in it. Its fine if I'm doing something and she takes a photo without me knowing or even with me knowing, as long as I'm actually doing something besides just being in a photo. I just feel like its stupid to pose smile and say cheese in order to remember a moment. What moment are you capturing when everyone spontaneously half hugged one another, faced the same direction and said cheese all at once?

I've noticed this throughout my life, and after finding all of these like-minded INTPs I got to thinking that it sounds like a very INTP way of thinking. I think it goes along with putting on an outer image which I know many INTPs don't like. It feels fake.

aaaaaand...DISCUSS

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see the point in taking posed photographs. whenever someone tells me they want a photograph or asks if I want my picture taken "so I'll remember this," I tell them that I can remember it without a photograph - I was there.
I've said that exact thing before.
I've only really had to defend that from my mom. Everyone else usually lets it go when i say I don't like posing in photographs.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely said that one before too.
HA looks like theres some merit to the theory that its an INTP thing.
Once again glad to affirm that I'm not crazy

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
What I hate are webcam and phone self-captured pics. Especially the ones with the arm all stretched and showing arghghhhhhh..

Reactions: Aßbiscuits

·
Registered
161 Posts
My way around being in pictures at all? Be the photographer. I never make people pose, it's phony and awkward. Spontaneity always makes pictures better anyway. You capture some funny moments.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I'd only deliberately pose for silly/sarcastic purposes. I absolutely hated being forced into posing for photographs; it's pretty awkward. During my Quinceañera, I was a lemon.

Guilty of taking webcam pictures. Fan of candid photos.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would just like to say that you you guys have MADE MY LIFE
Especially the last couple months, I've felt alone and misunderstood about all my INTP quirks.
Seeing/talking to all these people that have the same things im definitely embracing it more.
Thanks everyone!

Reactions: Whatever I am

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm cool with posing as long as I don't have to pose "nicely". I'm the most photogenic when I'm making stupid faces or motions.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I hate hate hate hate haaaate it. I'm a photography major, so when we shoot in class, we have to model for each other. right now I'm doing a self portrait assignment, and it's been really difficult to me because I don't like appearing in photos.

·
Registered
344 Posts
God, I HATE being in pictures.
However, I always manage to look decent in them. Disaffected expression + not looking at the camera = rawr.

·
Registered
659 Posts
it seems that much of extroverts' time is spent taking pictures of themselves having fun to post online for the benefit of others.. and then more time is spent talking about said pictures. just a thought, kind of related to this.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I concur with everything. I never look at cameras even for group photos. There are a lot of staged photos with all my friends smiling like creepy aliens at the camera while I'm the one glaring way off behind the photographer. To be honest, I do this mainly to piss people off. No one wants their precious memories "destroyed" by someone who's not going to feel obliged to fake himself for them.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have not allowed myself to be photographed in the last three years. A witch, or a movie I forget, once told me it steals a part of your soul :p

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
didn't mind so much when I was a kid. But no one cared that I would do weird poses like standing like Nepolian(french emperor who's name I can't spell). Now these days I try not to smile too much.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts