Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As @Guu remarked today, just sometimes people do actually say nice things about us INTJs, here on Personality Cafe.

Consider this quote from Relationship Questions for INTJs thread.

I just wanted to thank everyone for such positive and supportive replies! I never know what I'm getting into when signing up for internet forums, but I can say this is the most welcoming and supportive one I've ever found!
So, here is the thread for positive feedback for INTJs. Let's collect and cherish these rare pearls of accuracy about us.

Please add your GENUINE quotes from threads on PerC, crediting the poster. Or any other general congratulatory material for INTJs.

Let's big ourselves up - just a little. Let's provide some fuel to cheer up our Fi. Let's allow our tiny egos to grow...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm not ashamed of being an INTJ, so I don't need positive affirmation about it. I really only care if my family and friends accept me, and I know they do.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
I'm not ashamed of being an INTJ, so I don't need positive affirmation about it. I really only care if my family and friends accept me, and I know they do.
If you were aware of the context you would not make ignorant remarks like this.

I suggested this comment be put on display so people would stop calling INTJs sociopaths. It is not about making one feel good.

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
Lol @ trying to act like we're too high horsed to give appreciation to posters here. There's no room for that here, go home.

I want to thank @luemb for this thread: http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/85534-functions-how-they-work.html and its crisp, clear definitions of the JCFs. I use this frequently when getting others acquainted eith the JCF's as they come from MBTI. People here spend a lot of time talking about how to define functions, and we already have some really good resources, such as the above, on that.

Also, to @Paradigm and @Flatlander for outstanding contributions on the Enneagram forum, where more INTJ here would be well-off to become better-acquainted.

I think INTJ have contributed a lot to PerC in the way of breaking down stereotypes, correcting faulty or incomplete knowledge and application of theories, making useful typological materials available in mass, and helping to validate the more complex parts of all typological theories. This thread is long overdue.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
If you were aware of the context you would not make ignorant remarks like this.

I suggested this comment be put on display so people would stop calling INTJs sociopaths. It is not about making one feel good.
I really don't care if people call INTJs sociopaths. I'm not one and their comments just show ignorance. I still don't need affirmation for my personality type. I don't have any reason to take those types of comments personally.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
I really don't care if people call INTJs sociopaths. I'm not one and their comments just show ignorance. I still don't need affirmation for my personality type. I don't have any reason to take those types of comments personally.
Well then you have never been called a sociopath like I have by a friend. This is the purpose of it - not validating a type.

What is it with you and your insistence on validating type and pushing out the fakes. It is as if you are obsessed with the idea. Just chill out, and stop being so militant.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I don't give a fuk about anyones 'feedback'.........

My life worx and don't give a shit what anyone kalls me whether it is perceived/delivered by them as an insult or a compliment - I don't give a shit abowt it either way. My life worx and it has nothing to do with 'them' little lone their so calld feedback.

<<<<<<<-------------------take it frum a koon!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Well then you have never been called a sociopath like I have by a friend. This is the purpose of it - not validating a type.
There is an INTJ sociopath thread on here practically every other day. I don't even respond to them. They aren't addressing me, because I'm not a sociopath.

What is it with you and your insistence on validating type and pushing out the fakes. It is as if you are obsessed with the idea. Just chill out, and stop being so militant.
I like the truth. I'm constantly seeking out the truth. It's important to me.

I'm just being myself. If you don't like it then you don't have to respond to me or read my posts. No one is forcing you to.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Lol @ trying to act like we're too high horsed to give appreciation to posters here. There's no room for that here, go home.
But if we allowed people to post nice things then we couldn't act as if we're better than the other types anymore. Besides, what kind of proper INTJ is nice and has emotions?

Also, to @Paradigm and @Flatlander for outstanding contributions on the Enneagram forum, where more INTJ here would be well-off to become better-acquainted.
Thank you very much :)

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
huuuuummmm I like the way you guys don't mind to say things twice (or three times) and still don't sound arrogant.
(I'm was all about "but I told you this before !!! aaaaaaaaaaa you were not listening to me ! you don't care for me ! in a previous relationship) instead, with a ISTJ)
With a INTJ I get to be surprise when he brings back from a weeks ago conversation something I said and it's ok to discuss all over again if I want to...

Make me fell really appreciated to have this kind of attention.

Reactions: Dabbling

·
MOTM May 2014
7,026 Posts
Wow,I have so many INTJs that I'd like to send a shutout to!
I'll divide this into a bunch of separate posts (that way, this thread won't be the shortest on PerC... ;-)

So, for starters, when I'm in need of a good laugh, I go to Things That make INTJs Laugh. Thanks to everyone who contributes to that thread!
Special call-outs to @Napoleptic (thread starter), @Guu, @an absurd man, @rangerdoug (who probably owns ~75% of the posts as of late!), @Hypathia, @bethdeth, @yet another intj and droves of other INTJs who shares their chuckles with the rest of PerC.

·
Registered
564 Posts
@Swede I love your avatar. Once I made the link with your username, I had a good laugh too.

Reactions: Dabbling

·
MOTM May 2014
7,026 Posts
@Swede I love your avatar. Once I made the link with your username, I had a good laugh too.
Thanks, lol.
You know what's even funnier (in an embarrassing kinda' way...)? That I had no idea that the avatar was referring to Breaking Bad. I liked it because I'm a Swede and a ChemE and because friends at work thinks that it is hilarious to say bork-bork to me.
I was very confused when other PerC:ers kept talking with me about Breaking Bad all the time - I have never watched one second of that show.... (I am proud to say that I got it, eventually. Still haven't watched the show though.)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thanks, lol.
You know what's even funnier (in an embarrassing kinda' way...)? That I had no idea that the avatar was referring to Breaking Bad. I liked it because I'm a Swede and a ChemE and because friends at work thinks that it is hilarious to say bork-bork to me.
I was very confused when other PerC:ers kept talking with me about Breaking Bad all the time - I have never watched one second of that show.... (I am proud to say that I got it, eventually. Still haven't watched the show though.)
You can't keep on going around with that avatar without watching Breaking Bad. You need to fix this. You'll be happy you did.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ugh sorry, I really tried... I tried hard to find quotes... I tried not to roll my eyes... I tried not to cringe at all the sucking up... I really did.

Here's what I found:

INTJ Appreciation Thread
The Great Almighty Appreciation Thread
A Pointless and Redundant INTJ Appreciation Thread

I can't go further. Just a note to everyone who plans on complimenting INTJs from here on out, please make it less cringe-inducing...

Oh, my favorite post of all time by @Promethea
They have huge penises. I have a large sample of two of them to go by.. Lemme see.. they're good at video games. They will totally pwn you. If a tree falls and no one is around, does it make a sound? Only if an INTJ decides it should. An intj once spit on the borders of his beloved Texas - The spit is now known as the Gulf of Mexico. INTJs don't get in trouble, trouble gets in INTJs. The Borg cannot assimilate an INTJ. "Resistance is futile" is a phrase they learned from INTJs. Top that, mr entj!
(from here)

I know it's full of sarcasm, but this is honestly the best compliment anyone could ever give anyone (and even still the whole thing is probably just substituting 'INTJ' for 'Chuck Norris').

·
MOTM May 2014
7,026 Posts
All righty, I'm back!

This post is dedicated to all the supportive INTJs. People who give down-to-earth, no-nonsense responses to relationship questions, without forgetting the compassion and the human aspect. I don't always agree, but I alway pays admire the delivery and thoughtfulness. Specific thread is of course Relationship Questions for INTJs.

The guys: @g_w, @bluekitdon, @MissJordan, @jeb713, @MindBomb
The chicks: @bethdeth, @lilysocks, @Guu, @EyesOpen, @Zoof,

Aaaaand as usual, there are bunches of other awesome INTJs in this category that I have forgotten. Whaddayawant, I'm old dammit!

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4
6,482 Posts
All righty, I'm back!

This post is dedicated to all the supportive INTJs. People who give down-to-earth, no-nonsense responses to relationship questions, without forgetting the compassion and the human aspect. I don't always agree, but I alway pays admire the delivery and thoughtfulness. Specific thread is of course Relationship Questions for INTJs.

The guys: @g_w, @bluekitdon, @MissJordan, @jeb713, @MindBomb
The chicks: @bethdeth, @lilysocks, @Guu, @EyesOpen, @Zoof,

Aaaaand as usual, there are bunches of other awesome INTJs in this category that I have forgotten. Whaddayawant, I'm old dammit!
I'll say...you forgot yourself! (Who says INTJs cannot be humble?)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts