Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
quite often i am. alot of the thing i have are sentimental to me, they're were either gifts or thing i bought with the little money i scrounge up. other thing of course i jsut keep dueto my pack rat tendencies. unless they ask and tell me their intent i'd get upset over it really.

Reactions: Nasmoe
4,757 Posts
My computer is my baby. I am ridiculously possessive of it - in fact, it disturbed me horribly when one of my roommates started using it when I was away. Also, I tend to strictly monitor people when I give them permission to use it.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
It depends on what the item means to me. I have a quilt my grandmother gave to me before she died, wrote it in her will. This stupid jerk I was dating spilled beer all over it, and I had to control myself so much so I wouldn't kick him in the face. It still smelled like her house, I love the smell of her house, and I had to wash the smell off because of him. He didn't care though.

Out of everything my grandmother wrote down, there was one thing I wanted. I didn't care about the silverware. I didn't care about the quilt, or the rosary beads or the tea cups. I wanted the marbles. The "Hull gull" marbles her and I used to play with when I was little. It was my first experience with a game. Those marbles meant something to me. I'm an INFP and I appreciate most the one on one interactions. It's the most genuine act to me, so when I had that with her, those marbles symbolized the bond we created. Grandmother and granddaughter. Yes, I get possessive but only if it has a connection with it. If it's a hair brush, I really don't give a crap if a toddler breaks it or drools on it. Oh well, get a new one some time. If it has meaning attached to it, then I actually cry and want to kill someone over it.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
No, I'm not possessive over my things at all -- and it bothers me when others are. I find it anal. Though I realize, this is more my problem than theirs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It depends on what the item means to me. I have a quilt my grandmother gave to me before she died, wrote it in her will. This stupid jerk I was dating spilled beer all over it, and I had to control myself so much so I wouldn't kick him in the face. It still smelled like her house, I love the smell of her house, and I had to wash the smell off because of him. He didn't care though.

Out of everything my grandmother wrote down, there was one thing I wanted. I didn't care about the silverware. I didn't care about the quilt, or the rosary beads or the tea cups. I wanted the marbles. The "Hull gull" marbles her and I used to play with when I was little. It was my first experience with a game. Those marbles meant something to me. I'm an INFP and I appreciate most the one on one interactions. It's the most genuine act to me, so when I had that with her, those marbles symbolized the bond we created. Grandmother and granddaughter. Yes, I get possessive but only if it has a connection with it. If it's a hair brush, I really don't give a crap if a toddler breaks it or drools on it. Oh well, get a new one some time. If it has meaning attached to it, then I actually cry and want to kill someone over it.
Omg. I feel you. For such items with such sentimental value and meaning to it, I'd usually keep it hidden away in my own secret stash!

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
The only things I really get 'possesive' over are if they have a sentimental value to me.

My stuffed animal dog is one of them,My younger brother likes to take him and hide him on me
which always pisses me off,I know it seem weird to be older and have a stuffed animal but I really don't
care,he's been EVERYWHERE with me he's felt the same touches I've felt . He's like Sabina's Bowler Hat to her
(The Unbearable lightness of being), He holds memories for me.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Omg. I feel you. For such items with such sentimental value and meaning to it, I'd usually keep it hidden away in my own secret stash!
They need to make a bank for sentimental items, lols.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Always...sometimes with people I become secretly possessive. It's not that I don't want them to hang out with other people..I just want them to remember me and stay close to me because, well, I'd do the absolute same for them

What's funny is I lose things so much that I've become apathetic. I don't cry when I lose it..it's just like, "Oh, I lost this thing I've paid an arm and leg for. I'm okay with that."

·
Registered
103 Posts
Always...sometimes with people I become secretly possessive. It's not that I don't want them to hang out with other people..I just want them to remember me and stay close to me because, well, I'd do the absolute same for them

What's funny is I lose things so much that I've become apathetic. I don't cry when I lose it..it's just like, "Oh, I lost this thing I've paid an arm and leg for. I'm okay with that."
Well, then may somebody gather all your lost stuff and give them to me:D haha

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Oh, I forgot, ha. With someone I'm in a relationship with. It's why I've been banned from this site recently. Taking up for my bf. >.> he is retired though, so I don't have to worry about it too much.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am possessive of... food. I don't like sharing that, it's kind of obnoxious when someone wants a bite of something, or mooches off me because they "aren't hungry". I am possessive of my computer(s), mp3 player(s), and my phone not because they have sentimental value for me, but because I don't want people looking through my personal things, texts, music, etc..

Also, I am possessive of my chihuahua, I think. That's only because I love her, though, and she is infinitely cute, and at night I want another living being with me in case I space out too much or get scared whilst sleeping in the downstairs room. She can't complain about how late I stay up, either.

I think only maybe with my computer.

People sometimes get frustrated with me because I don't get possessive of them and I don't get jealous. It's like they think I don't love them or something.
That is pretty funny, but pretty sad at the same time. I have that problem too, sometimes.

I used to get possessive of my friends, but as time goes on I seem to care less and less, as I find that they really aren't worth my effort: they don't care as much about me as I do them, and to add, they aren't particularly insightful or important to my life.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts