Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an ENFJ and he is an INTJ - I think. He is not talkative, but it always finds me when he wants to have a conversation about his personal issues or when he is drunk. He also will give me the answers to my questions for the exchange of information or when I answer a question correctly. Sometimes the questions are related to him. i.e. "What is my middle name?" Could someone elaborate why would he do these things?

·
Registered
234 Posts
To clarify, he will only answer personal questions in exchange for:
a) you sharing personal information first
b) you correctly answering trivia questions?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No. I actually I am even more reserved with people. As an ENFJ I have had to amplify certain parts of who I am to relate with people. I find that this may create harmony, but at my own expense. I do not get to feel appreciate my individuality at times. Moreover, when we hung out I just observed him to understand who he was as a person, and I felt comfortable with keeping to myself. He noted this, and questioned why I was so withdrawn when he was not. I was just felt like I would rather see why he wanted to hang around me. He opened up to me one day randomly, and I never understood his reasoning behind it. It seems nowadays he shares with me, and I observe him. I feel that is when he is most comfortable. He feels like I understand him. Yet he does not understand emotions that well, so whenever I talk to him, I am very concise and logical.

He once asked me to analyze some lyrics, which I happily did due to my having a tendency to do that from my childhood. If I analyzed it in such a way he felt was fitting, then he would let me ask anything I wanted, and he would answer the question without holding back any information. He would ask me questions like, "whose skull was being held in the Shakespearean play in reference to the quote "To be, or not to be..."?"

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
That sounds really intp/infp to me, they're the ones who love to poke and prod and get inside the heads of others. Basically any young guy with a different way of relating is going to be mistaken for an INTJ. But this guy could be any introverted type really. FP's and FJ's can be just as cryptic. INTJs aren't big game players and this definately sounds like a whimsical game....and he's probably got a crush.

·
Registered
252 Posts
INTJs aren't big game players and this definately sounds like a whimsical game....and he's probably got a crush.
I concur, INTJs are definitely not into playing games, nor do they poke or prod when trying to get to know you. They mainly gather info about you by observing your behavioral patterns. And they don't really give anything personal away about themselves. They're straightforward about their likes and dislikes, but when it comes to personal matters, they're harder to break into than Area 51.

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
but when it comes to personal matters, they're harder to break into than Area 51.
Because they've forgotten the access code themselves. :laughing:

But an INTJ wooing a member of the opposite sex is more likely to deliver a monologue about some incredibly tedious subject (they find it fascinating) and forget this is a conversation, not a pulpit.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
That sounds really intp/infp to me, they're the ones who love to poke and prod and get inside the heads of others. Basically any young guy with a different way of relating is going to be mistaken for an INTJ. But this guy could be any introverted type really. FP's and FJ's can be just as cryptic. INTJs aren't big game players and this definately sounds like a whimsical game....and he's probably got a crush.
I was going to say INTP myself, though INFP is also a possibility. Usually INTPs are the ones that reach out to others- if he were an INTJ and young, you'd more than likely have to go to him @SknO

Reactions: chanteuse

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Double post *sigh*

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Because they've forgotten the access code themselves. :laughing:

But an INTJ wooing a member of the opposite sex is more likely to deliver a monologue about some incredibly tedious subject (they find it fascinating) and forget this is a conversation, not a pulpit.
He is in his mid 20s. He has gone off on the tangent in the conversation at times. The weird thing is I observe him giving information to me. But he only gives the information that he feels will enable him to obtain something in the end. I have heard himself asking himself the following question: "What do I gain from doing this?". It is most strange. I happen to know his mother. I know she is an INTJ. Due to his being so close to her and sharing traits with her, I sort of prematurely grouped them in the same category. However, I believe that was quite presumptuous. Although, he felt like he and his mother were quite alike. I have noticed that she seems more in tune with her emotions than he is currently. There are other factors that make emotions challenging to understand to him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts