Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 1655 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
[SUP]
[/SUP]
[SUP]Romans 12:9-21

9 [/SUP]Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. [SUP]10 [/SUP]Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. [SUP]11 [/SUP]Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. [SUP]12 [/SUP]Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. [SUP]13 [/SUP]Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. [SUP]15 [/SUP]Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. [SUP]16 [/SUP]Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone.[SUP]18 [/SUP]If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. [SUP]19 [/SUP]Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. [SUP]20 [/SUP]On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

[SUP]21 [/SUP]Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

·
Registered
544 Posts
sorry that really wasnt a praise song... but I found it yesterday and listened to it about 4 times today. Also:

[SUP]31 [/SUP]What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
[SUP]32 [/SUP]He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
[SUP]33 [/SUP]Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
[SUP]34 [/SUP]Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
[SUP]35 [/SUP]Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
[SUP]36 [/SUP]As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
[SUP]37 [/SUP]Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
[SUP]38 [/SUP]For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
[SUP]39 [/SUP]Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
"How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." -Luke 6:42

·
Banned
188 Posts

Psalm 8:1-9

1. O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
  2. Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
  3. When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
  4. What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
  5. For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
  6. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
  7. All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
  8. The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
  9. O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
Praise be to our Creator and Redeemer!

·
Banned
188 Posts

My benediction to all my fellow believers on PerC. May the indwelling of the Holy Spirit through Christ's sacrificial love fill you making your life beautiful!

Ephesians 3:16-19

16) I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17) so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18) may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19) and to know this love that surpasses knowledge that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

·
Banned
1,742 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Matthew 5:1-11

5 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
[SUP]2 [/SUP]And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

MY favorite group of verses that embody the virtues of the Christian life :D.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
I was reading through my favorite book, Job, and I came across this scripture that I felt should be heard by all young ones--and in God's eyes we are all young, so everyone should hear it:

Elihu is a young member in the group of men who are talking to Job. The older men are saying discouraging things that weren't coming from God, and Elihu has had enough and tells Job and the men what God has said, and before he does, this is what he said:

"I thought, 'Age should speak; advance years should teach wisdom.' But it is the spirit in a man, the breath of the Almighty, that gives man his understanding." ~ Job 32: 7-8

If you really think about it, Elihu is stating that we aren't wise in what we know about the world; we are wise by God.

I'm still fairly young in the word, and when you are around such older people, wise in the word of God, you feel you just have nothing to contribute. And this has only happened once, but once I was with a group of people, and we were talking about the ideas of tattoos and where in the bible it says one should not get tattoos (if there was part). And many were trying to give the few vague examples in the bible, but then I could feel God giving me something to say--something I had never thought of, and I said it. When I did those around me were shocked at the wise statement, but it was more exhilarating to have God speak to you a message to give others. It wasn't my wisdom, it was His, and now I--and others--are more wise now that God provided it.

Long story short--always open yourself to God so not that he will speak, but so that you can actually hear Him.

"Most of man's trouble comes from his inability to be still." ~ Blaise Pascal.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I love this one...

Colossians 1:16-17
[SUP]16 [/SUP]For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
[SUP]17 [/SUP]And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

·
mafia mod
13,312 Posts
Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth
Does not become weary or tired.
His understanding is inscrutable.
He gives strength to the weary,
And to him who lacks might He increases power.
Though youths grow weary and tired,
And vigorous young men stumble badly,
Yet those who wait for the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.

Isaiah 40

1 - 20 of 1655 Posts