Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Post an image and guess the functions based on the above poster comment of the images

Ok so here's a little game I got planned. Someone will post an image and the person below will write a comment regarding on the image. The person then gets to choose an image for the person below while the person guess the type.
Ok I'll start with this image

For example:

-Poster 1 posts comment and picture-

-Poster 2 bases Poster 1 functions based on his comments of a previous picture posted, Poster 2 will then comment on the image-

-Poster 3 types Poster 2 based on his comments on Poster 1's photos, Poster 3 will then comment on Poster 2's photo. Poster 3 will then post a photo-

From this image, what I can comment is that meaning is that hiding our true personalities and selves will only hurt us only more and that we must learn to accept ourselves. The greyness suggest the true vision while the coloured mask suggest an artificial environment that we must adapt to society

Image for person below:

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
The first image: Reminds me of The Mask. Very interesting concept for a story. I am personally more fond of the film with Jim Carrey than the comics, if only because Stanley is actually remotely likable in the film. Also, his dog was adorable.

The second image: The tree (?) thingy with the light bulb kinda looks like a scarecrow, in a first glance. That aside, my mind goes completely blank looking at it.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
The first image: Reminds me of The Mask. Very interesting concept for a story. I am personally more fond of the film with Jim Carrey than the comics, if only because Stanley is actually remotely likable in the film. Also, his dog was adorable.

The second image: The tree (?) thingy with the light bulb kinda looks like a scarecrow, in a first glance. That aside, my mind goes completely blank looking at it.
Si/Ne and Fi.

This image is really creepy. Everything about it. That creepy face, sinister smoke, and seriously creepy eyes, like you're supposed to feel the box is watching your or something. The red background doesn't help. Why would they do that? Why would they make it so creepy? Why put those four eyes on there? I notice the writing is in Japanese but at the bottom says 'Poland' (the top says 'Fire'). The art on it looks like it could have been made many decades ago.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get Se/Ne vibes from you! @Recede

The image is black and white, and heavily reminds me of some Batman plot theme. Also why the shades of the sky so different in where the right side is quite grey. I believe the greyness helps explain the anonymous vibe of the city in where mysteries are present a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,436 Posts
The picture screams Se/Ni
So esxp

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
790 Posts
well, this is what i think about this picture :

when i look at the hot air ballon, the first thing i think about is the book writer Jules Verne and his amazing stories ( especially the book "around the world in 80 days" ) .

then i look at the flowing water that got into the house and the first scenario i thought about was Tsunami, i dont even know why.

there is also the creepy stalking face that look at you and there is a picture of the leaning tower of pisa ( atleast that's what i think it is ) .

and finally, i saw the burning books. The fire, in my opinion, symbolizes the death of our imaginative world. almost everything you see in this picture is about imagination and irrational things, and the fire symbolizes how we stopped thinking about this things and instead of letting the younger generation experience those amazing things we call it nonsense and just letting their imagination die slowly and slowly.

or in other words : The most important thing we've ever learned,
The most important thing we've learned,
So far as children are concerned,
Is never, NEVER, NEVER let
Them near your television set
Or better still, just don't install
The idiotic thing at all.
Never Ever Let Them
Never Ever Let Them
Ooh Ooh
Never Ever Let Them
It rots the senses in the head!
It kills Imagination dead!
It clogs and clutters up the mind!
It makes a child so dull and blind!
So Dull So Dull !
He can no Longer understand
A fairytale and a fairyland!
A Fairyland a Fairyland!
His brain becomes as soft as cheese!
His thinking powers rust and freeze!
He cannot think he only sees!
He only Sees
He only Sees
Regarding little Mike Teavee,
We very much regret that we
Shall simply have to wait and see
If we can get him back his height.
But if we can't it serves him right.

from Charlie & The Chocolate Factory *

another thing i thought about is that the girls in the picture are the ones who created their world with their amazing imagination and creativity.

Lighthouse.jpg

Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
@BlazerGun - Ne/Ni

The lighthouse image looks like Oregon maybe? *Goes and google searches the image.* Nothing comes up, really? Maybe PerC images won't come up in searches? *Searches an avatar.* Okay, avatar brings up some avatars of other PerC members, oh that's interesting. Anyways, I must know where this lighthouse is. Well the name of the image is just 'lighthouse.jpg', not helpful. Could I search 'lighthouses in Oregon'? How many lighthouses are there in Oregon? Ah, only 11. *Searches* Nope, it's none of those. That lighthouse is probably not in Oregon then. *Searches Washington lighthouses* Not in Washington either. Whatever. It's a pretty lighthouse.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Ti

I think this might represent the cortex of my own brain but I am not excatly sure why. I think the artist wanted to paint branches from a different perspective to evoke another feeling about them. And it certainly works because those branches rather look like they would be a part of the human body.
I think if I wouldn't know how a my brain would look like this would be my first guess. Kinda like this picture.

My picture:

Reactions: Rydori

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Se-Ti @Recede

The image is ummm, quite simplistic in my opinion. It's just a bunch of branches sticking out of the afternoon sky. I mean why is it the afternoon sky? well the sky is quite orange so it could be a sunset, or a sun rise even. Also I love the little flower sitting up on the branches. I'm guessing the motto for this picture is that after every end, there is a new beginning, the flower representing the start of something.

@Mister Bimbo Si
Hmmm nice dress there, is really pink and bright. Also the weather looks mehish to go fishing, since it looks like there's going to be a storm out there

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,043 Posts
Looks like Fe to be honest, but I feel kinda set up to reply like that, so I don't really know. Extraversion would be wiser to suggest, the simple form may even suggest Te and idea with sleek representation may suggest stronger Se and lower Ni.

My pic:

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
@Snowdori - Se/Ni

This image looks like one of those 'let's all get along and hold hands and the world will be a better place' images. Hm, there's not much to look at, since the paper things are all identical, except one is red. I have no idea why one is red. Maybe the caption is one of those "One in 8 women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime" kinds of things, and the one that's red is supposed to represent that. Or maybe it's something about being an individual, but still connected to others.

@l'espirit rouge

The image looks like an arrow. I imagine it could represent someone confident and energetic. Maybe assertive. Arrows move forward, quickly and precisely. Maybe someone who knows what they're aiming for, who knows their goals, and has the persistence to reach them. Someone not afraid to take risks.

·
11,043 Posts
@l'espirit rouge

The image looks like an arrow. I imagine it could represent someone confident and energetic. Maybe assertive. Arrows move forward, quickly and precisely. Maybe someone who knows what they're aiming for, who knows their goals, and has the persistence to reach them. Someone not afraid to take risks.
It's okay that you explained all that, but I kinda expected your guess of functions.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
l’espirit rouge;39677193 said:
It's okay that you explained all that, but I kinda expected your guess of functions.
I think we're supposed to write our thoughts and reactions about the image above and then the next person identifies functions in what we wrote, not our image. That said, if you wanted me to type the image I would have said ESTP or ENTJ. Se + Ti/Te.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think we're supposed to write our thoughts and reactions about the image above and then the next person identifies functions in what we wrote, not our image. That said, if you wanted me to type the image I would have said ESTP or ENTJ.
Yup exactly, it's kind of hard to put the whole thing in the title since there's a character limit on the title so I can't put everything, so I just said everything first post. You try guess the persons type based on what they said about the image, and then you comment on the photo of what the above poster sent. After this you choose an image and post it so the other person can guess the image.

-SKIP ME-

·
11,043 Posts
Yup exactly, it's kind of hard to put the whole thing in the title since there's a character limit on the title so I can't put everything, so I just said everything first post. You try guess the persons type based on what they said about the image, and then you comment on the photo of what the above poster sent. After this you choose an image and post it so the other person can guess the image.
You are da god of this thread, but if you didn't want to highlight type or functions as requirement, you shouldn't have written that. To some people it's important to know what they will get

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
l’espirit rouge;39677929 said:
You are da god of this thread, but if you didn't want to highlight type or functions as requirement, you shouldn't have written that. To some people it's important to know what they will get
Oh, did I forget to say that, yes I guess highlighting what function they used for explaining the image would be a requirement.
@Recede both your comments highly suggest Se and Ti.

As for the image you linked, the image gives me a dizzy vibe in where the car lights are super bright. It looks like some kind of japanese racing movie or something.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
@Snowdori - Se

It's kind of a sad image, the pale and plain style of it sets the tone. The people are trying to see over the wall, but they can only reach as high as their books will allow. It's as if knowledge is all they have to see the world with. Even the person with tons of books only gets a peak over the wall, he's still stuck behind it.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts