Personality Cafe banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
You'll find it on any pub menu too. But maybe that's what rong meant since pubs/motels are like one place sometimes, especially in the county towns. They're like inns. Also since we're close to Asia and have many immigrants you can expect to find a lot of Asian restaurants also Greek and Italian. And lots of kebab shops and Middle Eastern bakeries, oh and Indian. We don't really have much American or Canadian style restaurants (besides Americanised fast food places like Pizza Hut, McDonald's etc.) I mean places that serve like American ribs or mac n cheese etc.

Speaking of macaroni, I think my family cooks it different compared to most people. We use onion, bacon, capsicum, sometimes celery, mushrooms, chilli... cook that up and make the cheese sauce, and just mix it together. We use kraft cheese or just the normal cheese you buy in the shop which is quite different to the American orange cheddar. The other night when I made cheese sauce I put different cheeses in it and some mustard powder and herbs etc, it was awesome. For cauliflower cheese.
I spent a year in Australia (and going for three more months in April!) and was pleasantly surprised at how amazing your Asian/Middle Eastern foods are. I hadn't eaten much before then as I come from a really small town in Canada and tend to eat more 'meat and potatoes' that we've grown/harvested/raised and processed ourselves. Now I just can't get enough of it! I've started to make it at home more and more. Haha

·
Banned
5,301 Posts
I spent a year in Australia (and going for three more months in April!) and was pleasantly surprised at how amazing your Asian/Middle Eastern foods are. I hadn't eaten much before then as I come from a really small town in Canada and tend to eat more 'meat and potatoes' that we've grown/harvested/raised and processed ourselves. Now I just can't get enough of it! I've started to make it at home more and more. Haha
I love Asian and Middle Eastern food, its so good. But I still do like my Australi- I mean British food sometimes too. What I can't handle though is British soups and stews.... yuck. Well besides pumpkin soup, tomato soup, pea and ham soup and creole soup... the rest I hate lol. I like stroganoff but I'm certain that is Russian.

I love Yorkshire pudding... with gravy. The best. My dad used to make really nice Yorkshire but now he gets me to make it/them.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I grew up eating American (east coast) and Singaporean so I'll just post both.

Lox bagel with cream cheese, smoked salmon, onions and capers

New York style pizza

Cheesecake

Kaya (coconut jam) toast

Indian pancake (roti canai) with curry

Hainanese chicken rice

Laksa noodle soup

·
bleh bleh-BLEH
6,299 Posts

filipino desserts >>>

21 - 26 of 26 Posts