Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 1157 Posts

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
Anything Edward Hopper.

I have always been inexplicably drawn to Edward hopper's work. Something about the stillness, the silence. Everything seems kind of empty, unnecessary, like we're empty, unnecessary. Two years ago I actually did a Christmas card photo where my family and I recreated the People Under the Sun painting. I was the man reading the book in the back. Found out shortly after that Hopper and I share our birthday, which I thought was pretty cool.

But yeah, nineish.

·
Registered
227 Posts
COOLEST CHRISTMAS CARD EVER. I love his work more than anything... I don't know if Hopper himself was a nine, but you're right about the emptiness. I once gave a book of Hopper prints to a (potentially E9) friend hoping it would help them with some soul searching but I don't think it clicked. It happens. (Just realzing now how passive-agressive that gift was...) I'm glad you feel it, though...

"Maybe I am not very human - what I wanted to do was to paint sunlight on the side of a house."

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
COOLEST CHRISTMAS CARD EVER. I love his work more than anything... I don't know if Hopper himself was a nine, but you're right about the emptiness. I once gave a book of Hopper prints to a (potentially E9) friend hoping it would help them with some soul searching but I don't think it clicked. It happens. (Just realzing now how passive-agressive that gift was...) I'm glad you feel it, though...

"Maybe I am not very human - what I wanted to do was to paint sunlight on the side of a house."
Why thankey :)

That quote's especially funny because I had the realization yesterday that all I really want to do is paint the color of sunlight in ripples of water.

He's really good at painting sunlight on buildings.

I've given my share of passive aggressive gifts, too.

41 - 60 of 1157 Posts