Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! =)

Yes you ,the one reading this now, how do you feel about life?

are you happy? or are you sad? are you angry? or are you glad?

If you're sad do you cry? if you're angry why not punch a bag?

If you're happy then smile. If your glad then fly. (well not literally cause you might die).

Has my attempt at rhyming caught your attention yet? If it hasn't then I'm disappointed in myself.

If it has though then all you need to do is smile and post something that makes you think about life.

I'll start with this great video, and I hope you guys can take it from there.

Warning: The thoughts and views expressed in the following video might be considered controversial by some.
If so then please read the disclaimer below.

It doesn't have to be a video of course, it could be your favorite quote from a beloved author, a piece of art that exemplifies the beauty in life, it can be your own creation even. Just something that makes you think about life.

DISCLAIMER :
If you do wish to discuss these things in negativity, with a negative aspect and a negative ideology you are certainly free to. But know that is not the point of this thread.

Reactions: Runemarks and Bago

·
MOTM June 2012
9,449 Posts
When I think of life, I think of all of the beauty of it, and the testament to the human spirit.

21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity

You have the power to make a difference in this world. Never stop believing in your potential, and in this wonderful gift of life.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I find religious sacred texts to be very thought-provoking, especially in the context of existentialism. That is, they make me think about life :p Even if I don't agree with some things in some of them (and even if you might not agree with them), they're very other-worldly and focus heavily on the afterlife, which detaches us from this world for a while, even if for a brief moment.

·
Registered
16,142 Posts
That values.com site is excellent. They have great commercials on tv also.

Um... what makes me think about life? The Uranus, Earth, Saturn, Saturn Rings, Neptune, Miranda space sounds channels on calm radio.

Also, listening to all the different channels on scanner radio -- Chicago, Detroit, LA, NY... there are some really screwed and screwed up people out there.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,449 Posts
Contents of the Voyager Golden Record - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Golden Records also carried an hour long recording of the brainwaves of Ann Druyan who would later marry Carl Sagan. In the Epilogue of the book Billions and Billions she describes the experience:

Earlier I had asked Carl if those putative extraterrestrials of a billion years from now could conceivably interpret the brain waves of a meditator. Who knows? A billion years is a long, long time, was his reply. On the chance that it might be possible why don't we give it a try? Two days after our life-changing phone call, I entered a laboratory at Bellevue Hospital in New York City and was hooked up to a computer that turned all the data from my brain and heart into sound. I had a one-hour mental itinerary of the information I wished to convey. I began by thinking about the history of Earth and the life it sustains. To the best of my abilities I tried to think something of the history of ideas and human social organization. I thought about the predicament that our civilization finds itself in and about the violence and poverty that make this planet a hell for so many of its inhabitants. Toward the end I permitted myself a personal statement of what it was like to fall in love.

·
Banned
3,960 Posts
"Chase. What are we chasing for? For fame, or for Love ? It's the basic needs in life which we want to chase. I weather through the storm and through the seas, yet I chase." *

Husband: "Before you used to say that playing in a band was unrealistic. So I listened to you and quit.
But this time, listen to me for a change.
Explain to me why yu dont want to go.
If everyone leaves, there won't be any hope left."
Wife: "Even if you stay, what can you expect to accomplish ?"
Husband: "You just don't understand. There are things that......"

When you stop running, you fall in love.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love Krishnamurti :) also Alan Watts, Brene Brown, Rollo May, and a lot of existential writers have given me lots of perspective on life.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.