Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We needed a thread like this so badly!
Poor starved us not having a thread like this for so long...
I need powerful scenes or music to bring me solidly into Fi when I've been sTrEssed (there's a Te in there kinda).
Also they can be funny! I love you all!!!

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just realized that all three clips for me today are about faith and freedom.
Been craving this one this week. He's explaining to the woman he loves why he must leave and defect. He has to be free!
This man did not know English. This movie is based on the true happenings of a group of people from Africa, illegally captured and sold as slaves. In the movie, this man was able to make his case with the first English words he learned to speak. I love how you see "legal" slaves that cannot make the same case in the balcony looking on. In the movie you see a lot of the slaves dying on the boat journey, I won't forget a mom who was able to save her baby but then decided to drown them both. My twins were just 1 month old when I saw that and I thought "I'd do the same." I felt so incredibly one with my babies at that age. When they talk about the boat dropping weight, the boat threw 1/2 of the living captured people overboard to lighten the boat, which was an important part of proving that these people had been captured and brought from Africa rather than being born in America.

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This scene always got to me. Beautiful depiction of a friendship with non verbal conversation.
I was going to post this one today, actually! And the music is amazing too!

Reactions: Falling Foxes

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After I saw this show, I was completely sold on documentaries. I still find it fascinating!

Reactions: Falling Foxes

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is an incredible show. Some of the most moving moments for me on film for me:

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just, incidentally I used to sing this song in my band when I was 23.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I was looking for some music and found this scene: at the same time evokes various types of feelings. Most importantly, music sometimes could destroy our most primitive impulses such as hate. At least for a moment.

·
Registered
15,248 Posts
I know this song by heart. I think I would watch this movie over and over as a young girl.
Love this song - I sing to it when sad
And good pick - since I've always pictured you as Fraulein Maria

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Reactions: jeffphi and Paulie

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #17