Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You've got one. Now face it and feel better about yourself.

As for me... I'm biased against NFP's. I see us as naive and whiny, and that includes myself.

To some extent, I'm biased against INTJ's, but really I'm just biased against the stereotype, and ones that happen to be lawful good like my ex girlfriend.

NOTE: This thread is NOT a hate thread. This is a Post-it-here-and-acknowledge-it thread. This is a I-want-to-be-more-accepting thread. If you want to hate, go somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Oh, I know! I'm biased against the Austrian School of Economics. To be honest, I really don't see any reason not to be.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
I am biased against power seekers.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'm biased about intellects.

Reactions: Some Kind of Blue

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I'm biased against what I see as overaggressive authority. When a kindergartner gets handcuffed and taken to jail for throwing a temper tantrum because "it's school policy for assault," I get pissed at the administration for not training teachers with how to handle a pretty common childhood behavioral problem.....making the problem worse in the long run by overreacting. >.> It tends to bleed into other areas though where there's a perceived victim of authority, causing me to be less objective than I could be.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm biased against what I see as overaggressive authority. When a kindergartner gets handcuffed and taken to jail for throwing a temper tantrum because "it's school policy for assault," I get pissed at the administration for not training teachers with how to handle a pretty common childhood behavioral problem.....making the problem worse in the long run by overreacting. >.> It tends to bleed into other areas though where there's a perceived victim of authority, causing me to be less objective than I could be.
Honey, that's not bias. That is a reasonable reaction.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Honey, that's not bias. That is a reasonable reaction.
Not based on the people who cheered for the school "standing up to bullies or negligent parents who let their kids get away with anything." ><

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
It's not that I have type biases, but I often go into certain subforums and the prevailing attitude leaves me asking, "... are you serious?" PerC kind of baffles me sometimes, because I often see people acting in direct contrast to the praises they sing about whatever type they are, and none of them seem to be aware of this staggering disconnect in words vs. behavior. As much as I try to understand, sometimes, I just have to tell people they're being an ass, type: irrelevant.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's not that I have type biases, but I often go into certain subforums and the prevailing attitude leaves me asking, "... are you serious?" PerC kind of baffles me sometimes, because I often see people acting in direct contrast to the praises they sing about whatever type they are, and none of them seem to be aware of this staggering disconnect in words vs. behavior. As much as I try to understand, sometimes, I just have to tell people they're being an ass, type: irrelevant.
Fair enough: I have limited experience with most of the types anyway. Most of the people I interact with are on PerC or in my high school, so that is somewhat of a small sample group, and both of those are proven centers of immaturity

·
Registered
166 Posts
EST's bother me most... at least, the undeveloped ones. ESTJ's get overbearing and either don't care or don't want to care. ESTP Se without anything to put it in check makes them seem reckless and irresponsible, simply because they don't see any point in goals.

I know this doesn't apply to most people. Just sayin. I feel a little guilty for saying my stupid little prejudices.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I am biased against the whole concept of SJ. Doesn't help that my mother is one and we just don't understand each other AT ALL.

I know that I need someone to come and clean up after me, someone to make sure that the trains run on time and all that, but dealing with someone stuck in "Supposedta" mode (as in, "you have to do this because you're supposedta") and I LOSE MY MIND. GAAAAH!!!!

And I'm a little leery of NTs, as both my sister (INTJ) and my ex (INTP) have both made me crazy and screwed me over. GAH.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
EST's bother me most... at least, the undeveloped ones. ESTJ's get overbearing and either don't care or don't want to care. ESTP Se without anything to put it in check makes them seem reckless and irresponsible, simply because they don't see any point in goals.

I know this doesn't apply to most people. Just sayin. I feel a little guilty for saying my stupid little prejudices.
But that's why I posted this thread. And I'm kinda disappointed people took it in a totally different direction. so don't feel bad, because you aren't alone.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am biased against the whole concept of SJ. Doesn't help that my mother is one and we just don't understand each other AT ALL.

I know that I need someone to come and clean up after me, someone to make sure that the trains run on time and all that, but dealing with someone stuck in "Supposedta" mode (as in, "you have to do this because you're supposedta") and I LOSE MY MIND. GAAAAH!!!!

And I'm a little leery of NTs, as both my sister (INTJ) and my ex (INTP) have both made me crazy and screwed me over. GAH.
I actually get along quite well with SJ's. None of them are my close friends, but I can pal around with them sometimes.

I like INTP's. At least, some of them. Some of them have a tendency to be bad conversationalists, but the ones I'm friends with are okay. As I said before, I'm a little leery of INTJ's myself, but I seem to be mistaken almost every time. The main INTJ in my life is a little crazy, but no more than most N's. She more or less was just too structured and rigid for me, though. I couldn't get anywhere in our relationship, and I think she had the opposite problem with me, so we split.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts