Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your cognitive functions test results. Also include your process if you were in between two...

Here I will start:

OkCupid | Take The Myers Briggs Type by Cognitive Functions Quiz

I chose 2 and 1/2 each of A and B. For A, I am the Fi and for B I am the Ti....

If you choose Option 2 and A (Ne, Si, Fi, Te) then you are either an INFP, ENFP, ESTJ, or ISTJ.

If you choose Option 2 and B (Ne, Si, Fe, Ti) then you are either an INTP, ENTP, ESFJ, or ISFJ.

Then I couldn't choose between h and c. One leads to ENTP and the other leads to INFP. But since Ne and Fi are the first two functions of the INFP, I reasoned that I must be INFP.

Final Result:
INFP

0% Se, 13% Si, 25% Ne, 0% Ni, 0% Te, 13% Ti, 13% Fe and 63% Fi!

INFP's are self assured, loyal, devoted to people and causes, laid-back, original, individualistic, sensitive, creative, inspirational, innocent, sense of awe and wonder, poets and verbal artists, strong value system, usually puts needs of others above their own, ability to see good in almost anyone or anything, puts those they love on a pedestool, extreme depth of feeling and passion that transcends what others are capable of, translates technical jargon to layman's terms, strong desire to bring goodwill to humanity, can imagine inanimate objects like stuffed animals as having emotions, needs to be seen and appreciated, hates routine, sees world through rose colored glasses, absent-minded, so lost in thought they may run into people or objects, switch from reality to fantasy, can make the mundane seem extraordinary, in love with love, wants ethical perfection, lazy at times Here is a perfect example of an INFP:
Motivational Posters:

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Your result for The Myers Briggs Type by Cognitive Functions Quiz ...
The Double Agent
13% Se, 25% Si, 25% Ne, 13% Ni, 13% Te, 0% Ti, 25% Fe and 100% Fi!
If you got this result then chances are, your results above say Si and Se, Ni and Ne, Te and Ti, Fe and Fi or one of those. You could be more than one type or maybe you are trying too hard to be the type you like. The most likely problem is that you may not have followed directions carefully enough, so just look at your percentages to determine which functions you use the highest and determine from this list which ones have all of the letters you scored something in and none of the letters that you scored 0 for. Another option is to just retake the test and read the directions more carefully.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OkCupid | Take The Cognitive Functions Test

So my functions are Fi Ne which is INFP but I have a high Fe and Ti too which makes me similar to an ENTP Ne Ti.

Your result for The Cognitive Functions Test ...
0% Se, 60% Si, 100% Ne, 0% Ni, 40% Fe, 100% Fi, 40% Te and 100% Ti!

To figure out which cognitive function you use the most, look at the percentages above and put them in order to determine your order of functions. For a definition of each of the functions, refer to the website below:
Understanding the 8 Jungian Cognitive Processes (8 Functions)
· Se (Front of Right Brain, Extraverted Irrational) · Si (Back of Left Brain, Introverted Irrational) · Ne (Front of Right Brain, Extraverted Irrational) · Ni (Back of Left Brain, Introverted Irrational) · Fe (Front of Left Brain, Extraverted Rational) · Fi (Back of Right Brain, Introverted Rational) · Te (Front of Left Brain, Extraverted Rational) · Ti (Back of Right Brain, Introverted Rational)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

I am just curious why my Ti is so high seeing as how Ti is not a cogntive function of an INFP (Fi, Ne, Si, Te) and maybe that is why I think of myself as a deep feeler and thinker and thought I was ENTP (Ne, Ti, Fe, Si) because of it...Don't you think it is strange though that I happen to have the order that would fit an INFP (Fi, Ne, Si, Te) and also the order that would fit an ENTP (Ne, Ti, Fe, Si)? Is it possible that I could be both or that I have two personalities or a shadow personality or subtype or something? Does anyone else have something like this going on with their cognitive functions?

extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.6) unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22.9) limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************************** (47.7) excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************** (18.7) limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te)
********************* (21.3) limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.9) excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe)
*********************** (23.3) limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************** * (51.4) excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP or INTP.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Noooo! Laura Ingalls from Little House the TV show is most definitely an ENFJ (I think Melissa Gilbert's true type showed through as well, from what I've read about her relating to the character she played). She's often very focused on connecting with others and how she effects others (Fe) and is often at a loss with her own feelings (which usually causes many of her issues in letting people bother her, like Nellie) (Fe) - doesn't really strike me as the type with a personalized sense of ethics (which is essentially Fi) (she's always quoting what "Pa or Ma always says," rather than having much of her own individually derived feelings perspective on anything, which is quite Fe). She also has the insightful perspective-shifting of aux. Ni that she "parents" others with, which makes her come off as precocious in the early episodes, and definitely has the tertiary Se trademark modes of relaxation and hobbies, such as being a major tomboy who loves fishing and playing sports, being competitive - she tends to be a bit "childish" with it (tertiary temptation) and tends to struggle with wanting to be the center of attention (hmmm..."The Lord is My Shepherd" episode, methinks!). Ti is least evident in her for sure. Now I'm wondering whether or not the OP is actually an INFP...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Your result for The Myers Briggs Type by Cognitive Functions Quiz ...
ENTP

0% Se, 13% Si, 75% Ne, 0% Ni, 0% Te, 25% Ti, 13% Fe and 0% Fi!

The ENTP bonds suddenly or allows others to think they are bonding so the other person is more vulnerable, sense of humor, can laugh about anything, creative, curious, charming, visionary, inventive, likes to generate so many creative alternatives for improving just about any system, tackles challenges, loves to debate intellectual topics, plays devils advocate, plays one-up-man-ship, verbally quick, obsessed with minor details under attack of tension or pressure, capable of giving insult after insult, bad about finishing a project, not patient with people who are dumb on purpose, witty.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)extraverted Sensing (Se) *************** (15.7)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************************** (39.1)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************** (17.7)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.3)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.9)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.5)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************************* (49.5)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************** (23.9)
limited use
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or ISFJ

·
Banned
37 Posts
I couldn't choose between Option 1 and 2. I was half of each. I was the first part of Option 1 and not the end. I was the second part of Option 2 and not the beginning. I was definitely Option B though.

If you choose Option 1 and B (Ni, Se, Fe, Ti) then you are either an INFJ, ENFJ, ESTP, or ISTP.

If you choose Option 2 and B (Ne, Si, Fe, Ti) then you are either an INTP, ENTP, ESFJ, or ISFJ.

I picked g as my most dominant function.

I picked the catalyst that likes to be in charge but really I think I was both.

The Double Agent

0% Se, 13% Si, 13% Ne, 13% Ni, 0% Te, 0% Ti, 63% Fe and 0% Fi!

If you got this result then chances are, your results above say Si and Se, Ni and Ne, Te and Ti, Fe and Fi or one of those. You could be more than one type or maybe you are trying too hard to be the type you like. The most likely problem is that you may not have followed directions carefully enough, so just look at your percentages to determine which functions you use the highest and determine from this list which ones have all of the letters you scored something in and none of the letters that you scored 0 for. Another option is to just retake the test and read the directions more carefully.

·
Banned
37 Posts
20% Se, 80% Si, 0% Ne, 80% Ni, 100% Fe, 0% Fi, 20% Te and 40% Ti!

To figure out which cognitive function you use the most, look at the percentages above and put them in order to determine your order of functions. For a definition of each of the functions, refer to the website below:
Understanding the 8 Jungian Cognitive Processes (8 Functions)
· Se (Front of Right Brain, Extraverted Irrational) · Si (Back of Left Brain, Introverted Irrational) · Ne (Front of Right Brain, Extraverted Irrational) · Ni (Back of Left Brain, Introverted Irrational) · Fe (Front of Left Brain, Extraverted Rational) · Fi (Back of Right Brain, Introverted Rational) · Te (Front of Left Brain, Extraverted Rational) · Ti (Back of Right Brain, Introverted Rational)

2,781 Posts
OkCupid | Myers Briggs Type by Cognitive Functions Quiz

Final Result: INFP

0% Se, 13% Si, 25% Ne, 0% Ni, 13% Te, 0% Ti, 0% Fe and 75% Fi!

INFP's are self assured, loyal, devoted to people and causes, laid-back, original, individualistic, sensitive, creative, inspirational, innocent, sense of awe and wonder, poets and verbal artists, strong value system, usually puts needs of others above their own, ability to see good in almost anyone or anything, puts those they love on a pedestool, extreme depth of feeling and passion that transcends what others are capable of, translates technical jargon to layman's terms, strong desire to bring goodwill to humanity, can imagine inanimate objects like stuffed animals as having emotions, needs to be seen and appreciated, hates routine, sees world through rose colored glasses, absent-minded, so lost in thought they may run into people or objects, switch from reality to fantasy, can make the mundane seem extraordinary, in love with love, wants ethical perfection, lazy at times.

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

Your Cognitive Development Profile
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.7)
limited use

introverted Sensing (Si) ************************* (25.5)
average use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.1)
good use

introverted Intuiting (Ni)**************************************** (40.9)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) **************** (16.5)
limited use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.8)
average use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************************** (29.9)
average use

introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************************** (49)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP

Lead (Dominant) Process

Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
The first test in the thread was rather convoluted. What's funny is that MBTI type doesn't necessarily correspond with function use. My primary functions are Ti, Ne, and Fe, but I tend to identify with Ne more in how I approach things via a function (I spend a lot of time in that mode nowadays, as opposed to when younger)... however, reading the descriptions, almost nothing in ENTP or ESFJ matches me... I've still got many basic INTP traits. I don't think it's viable to guess someone's MBTI type just by what function they seem to rank themselves in; the function is being used in service of some overall personality, rather than determining the personality per se.

2nd test:
0% Se, 60% Si, 100% Ne, 60% Ni, 60% Fe, 40% Fi, 60% Te and 100% Ti!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Take this same test backwards and it should give you your contrast...which would be someone you may admire...here is what I got so I am definitely INFP for my primary type. This would mean my order of functions is Ne, Fi, Ti, Si, Te, Ni, Fe, Se.

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************************************************** (53.5)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.1)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **** (4.5)
unused
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************** (39)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.5)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.1)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************************************** (52.4)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****** (6.9)
unused
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFJ
Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFJ, or ESFJ

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This would mean my order of functions is Ne, Fi, Ti, Si, Te, Ni, Fe, Se.
The other possibility of my functions is Fi,Ne,Ti,Si,Fe,Te,Ni,Se from having taken the test forwards.

All of the possible combinations are:
ESFJ=Fe, Si, Ne, Ti
ESFP=Se, Fi, Te, Ni
ENTP=Ne, Ti, Fe, Si
ENTJ=Te, Ni, Se, Fi
ENFJ=Fe, Ni, Se, Ti
ENFP=Ne, Fi, Te, Si
ISTJ=Si, Te, Fi, Ne
ISTP=Ti, Se, Ni, Fe
ESTP=Se, Ti, Fe, Ni
ESTJ=Te, Si, Ne Fi
INTJ=Ni, Te, Fi, Se
INTP=Ti, Ne, Si, Fe
INFP=Fi, Ne, Si, Te
ISFJ=Si, Fe, Ti, Ne
ISFP=Fi, Se, Ni, Te
INFJ=Ni, Fe, Ti, Se

If my order is Ne, Fi, Ti, Si, Te, Ni, Fe, Se. That narrows it down to only those that do not have Te, Se, Fe, or Ni first or second and has Ne Fi Si or Ti in the top four. That leaves:
ENTP=Ne, Ti, Fe, Si (missing Fi)
ENFP=Ne, Fi, Te, Si (missing Ti)
INTP=Ti, Ne, Si, Fe (missing Fi)
INFP=Fi, Ne, Si, Te (missing Ti)

If my function in order are Fi,Ne,Ti,Si,Fe,Te,Ni,Se. That narrows it down to only those that do not have Fe, Te, Ni, Se first or second and has Fi, Ne, Ti, or Si in the top four. That leaves:

ENTP=Ne, Ti, Fe, Si (missing Fi)
ENFP=Ne, Fi, Te, Si (missing Ti)
INTP=Ti, Ne, Si, Fe (missing Fi)
INFP=Fi, Ne, Si, Te (missing Ti)

So either order brings the same end result. Now if I combine two types to fit the functions I can find out my subtype. My primary type is the contrast of the last test result which was ENFJ so the contrast of ENFJ is INFP. So INFP is my primary type. My second or subtype then cannot be ENFP because it does not fill in any lacking cognitive function. My subtype has to be either INTP or ENTP. I am banking on ENTP because based on descriptions I had always thought I was an ENTP until I realized that INFP fits better.

I would love to see others follow the same process and let me know your subtype as well...:p

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
The function orders here have nothing to do with a type preference, beyond the first two (assuming they are opposite in e/i and j/p to be able to define at type).
The test is measuring functions in terms of behaviors, but the functions aren't behaviors. So it's possible that ego-dystonic functions like an NFP's Se and Ti can come out "stronger" than ego-syntonic functions like the tertiary and inferior. The behaviors can surface in a conscious way you report on the questionnaire, but it's still a normally unconscious process.
So you should not worry about trying to get all eight to fit a type order. That order was done mainly for convenience.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************** (23.4)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (28.5)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (22.6)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (40.4)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************* (33.6)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (39.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************** (19.3)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (32.4)
good use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process

Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or ISTP

·
Faceless
7,169 Posts
From OKCupid:
0% Se
13% Si
13% Ne
63% Ni
25% Te
0% Ti
0% Fe
13% Fi

Keys2Cognition:

Cognitive ProcessLevel of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************* (21.7)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31.8)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************************** (29.7)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************************** (42.9)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.6)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************** (14.7)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.8)
excellent use
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ
Lead (Dominant) Process

Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTJ, or ISTJ

·
Registered
286 Posts
Your Cognitive Functions:
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 12.945
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||||||||||||||| 10.69
Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||||||||||||||| 9.54
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||||| 7.785
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||||||| 7.08
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||| 4.75
Introverted Feeling (Fi) || 0.17
Extroverted Sensation (Se) || -0.43