Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tis' simple, really.

You post a dare that you would like to do here, and then do it IRL. Then come back and tell us all about it. It can be simple and small, like actually walking around your neighborhood with confidence, or something huge and epic, like skydiving.

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Okay. I dare myself to eat these mini Snickers bars without feeling guilty, without worrying that it will ruin my verbal self-defense against the people who judge me, who like to pretend that my obesity is the product of gluttony.

(Normally I would hesitate to get anywhere near a candy bar, or anything sugary, because I am so afraid of not being able to honestly say, "I'm not like you think I am" to the people who devalue me and make assumptions about my lifestyle.)

Okay, so here is my pep talk:
Remember, self, that being controlled in either direction by the existence of a stereotype makes you less authentic. If you restrict yourself, it should be for yourself, not as something defensive to protect you from other people's cruelty. They don't have a right to torment you. You do have a right not to be tormented.

You should never restrict your joy purely to disprove other people's expectations, any more than you should prove them right just for the sake of conforming. Do what you know you want to, right now, no matter what it means about the defense you will no longer be able to offer when others try to hurt you. If they want to be assholes, they will violate you, but no matter what goes into your mouth, it doesn't make you deserve what comes out of theirs.

*bites*

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I failed. I still feel anxious about what others will think. :unsure:

... Guess I'll have to try again until I don't. I still have until the end of the bag to get it right.

:laughing:

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
snail, YOU CAN DO IT HONEY! I believe in you. <3

Eat them sweet candies, you deserve some sugar!

My (small) dare: Clean my room. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! D:

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm gunna play air guitar on the bus with my headphones on and try not to fall over when the bus breakes.
Why a bus? So people can't get away from me.
Song I'm going to do it too:
YouTube - Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country Lyrics
:tongue:
(giggles!!) Nothing like a captive audience!! Wish I had a ticket for the bus.. I wanna see it happen!!!!
Here is some encouragement for you!
:crazy:

·
Banned
59 Posts
I dare myself to get together with my crush tomorrow. The idea is that because I can't imagine myself riding the bus home thinking, "Ah, damn. Now I have to log on to PersonalityCafe and tell everyone how that didn't happen," it's going to work, as what I can imagine myself doing is riding the bus home thinking, "Ah, damn. Now I never get to know how it feels riding the bus home thinking, 'Ah, damn. Now I have to log on to PersonalityCafe and tell everyone how that didn't happen'." And it's not that unrealistic either. I hope!!

infp power etc.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I dare myself to get at least 1000 words written before I go to bed tonight.

I dare myself to be okay with however far along in my "novel" or however many words I get written down by the end of the month. If I complete the 50k requirement, awesome, if I don't, awesome, at least I worked on it this year. Next year will be another year, another challenge.

I dare myself to get done with the rest of my messages at work by 5pm tomorrow evening. O.O

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I did it but failed slighty! I fell over when the bus breaked really sharply so I pretended that I was ment to go on the floor and carry on playing.

Some people laughed, some gave dirty looks, some moved to the upstairs which I went and followed. Then the driver warned me.
Felt stupid but was laughing so much when I got off the bus. :tongue:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ultra-fail. :sad:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts