Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we're all Ne-doms here. I'm assuming you guys have quite a lot of "what-ifs" in your daily life, yes? I didn't see this thread around before, so I decided to make it.

Here's a place to post any ideas you have, at any time. We can converse about them, or just simply utter random, dumb ideas. It's not as if we're actually going to do anything with these ideas, anyway. :p

I'll start:

What if the government started using invisible jellyfish that attached to our heads in order to gain private information from us?

·
Registered
305 Posts
What if we stupid people had never invented this whole business-oriented world where it's all about being fast and effective? What if money didn't exist and we could all just live a happy, meaningful life not having to work? Instead we could just plant flowers, hunt rainbows and enjoy sunshine. So very utopistic, I do realize yes:tongue:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What if we stupid people had never invented this whole business-oriented world where it's all about being fast and effective? What if money didn't exist and we could all just live a happy, meaningful life not having to work? Instead we could just plant flowers, hunt rainbows and enjoy sunshine. So very utopistic, I do realize yes:tongue:
That sounds amazing. I want to plant flowers and hunt rainbows and ride on unicorns all day long :sad:

But, I guess we need some sort of order or else we'd probably run out of flowers to pick and berries to eat, yes?

Reactions: angelcarnivore

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
What if we *are* living in a Utopia- but we're unaware of it, because our ideas are so vastly different as to what Utopia is that it's a mishmash of everyone's best dreams and intentions and there's a weird Butterfly Effect going on because of it?

What if this IS Heaven?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What if we *are* living in a Utopia- but we're unaware of it, because our ideas are so vastly different as to what Utopia is that it's a mishmash of everyone's best dreams and intentions and there's a weird Butterfly Effect going on because of it?

What if this IS Heaven?
Actually, I can see that.

Like, in essence, there's no way we could have our personal utopia because everyone's dreams are different. So, the utopia we're living in now is a mix between everyone's different dreams.

Oh, and that accounts for all of the very mentally ill people on this planet...whose utopia would be terrorism and mass murdering societies...

That makes me wonder...

What if this utopia that we're living in (if it is a utopia) is actually some sort of Matrix-esque virtual world that some weird alien robot society created for an experiment?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Actually, I can see that.

Like, in essence, there's no way we could have our personal utopia because everyone's dreams are different. So, the utopia we're living in now is a mix between everyone's different dreams.

Oh, and that accounts for all of the very mentally ill people on this planet...whose utopia would be terrorism and mass murdering societies...

That makes me wonder...

What if this utopia that we're living in (if it is a utopia) is actually some sort of Matrix-esque virtual world that some weird alien robot society created for an experiment?
I like to believe, most of the time, that this IS just the Universe experiencing Consciousness. We're, like, the neurons in it's Big Galatic brain firing, and it's super imaginative.

I mean, platypuses, gold rings, and we are all made out of the same stuff as stars. Come on. What if we're electrons in the cells of a SUPER BIG body that's not anthroporphic? What if we're, like, unicorns. What if we're characters in a writer's head and they published and the book is down the street at the library- but it's out of print so we just haven' heard of it??

Wow, I am ENFP.

·
Registered
707 Posts
What if the extremely rich and powerful grew capable of empathy and compassion, and used their influence to actually improve the often terrifying conditions of their fellow man? What if it was impossible to drown out the agony and suffering of billions of others? What if we could feel each other's pain in real time?

Reactions: Telepathis Goosus

·
Banned
16,000 Posts

What if this IS Heaven?
What if none of the universe is ordered and shit? Like the planets. It is just a projection of the order that is lacking in us. It has to manifest itself somewhere. When we find that order within us, we will find the universe is really chaotic.

Also, space and distance were made to keep us away from ourselves. They are trap. A distraction. It also doesn't exist. All that emptiness is us, and the further we go, the more we will find.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like to believe, most of the time, that this IS just the Universe experiencing Consciousness. We're, like, the neurons in it's Big Galatic brain firing, and it's super imaginative.

I mean, platypuses, gold rings, and we are all made out of the same stuff as stars. Come on. What if we're electrons in the cells of a SUPER BIG body that's not anthroporphic? What if we're, like, unicorns. What if we're characters in a writer's head and they published and the book is down the street at the library- but it's out of print so we just haven' heard of it??

Wow, I am ENFP.
What if the only thing that exists is ourselves? But wait- everyone thinks that, thus that can't be true. Unless- it is? Wait...I'm contradicting myself.

What if the universe is a human? And the multiverse is their Earth? And we're little cells inside the human? And what if little humans are our cells? And their cells are humans too? And it goes on into a loop of human inside human?

Yeah, I'm an ENFP too. :p

Reactions: angelcarnivore

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What if none of the universe is ordered and shit? Like the planets. It is just a projection of the order that is lacking in us. It has to manifest itself somewhere. When we find that order within us, we will find the universe is really chaotic.

Also, space and distance were made to keep us away from ourselves. They are trap. A distraction. It also doesn't exist. All that emptiness is us, and the further we go, the more we will find.
Damn, that Ni though.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What if the extremely rich and powerful grew capable of empathy and compassion, and used their influence to actually improve the often terrifying conditions of their fellow man? What if it was impossible to drown out the agony and suffering of billions of others? What if we could feel each other's pain in real time?
If only, but the rich and powerful are cold, heartless egomaniacs.

Maybe we should brainwash them to become empaths...

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
What if the accidents and murders relayed by the media are just that everlasting natural selection ? what if the very idea of unfairness, of equity and all of that were just that, something impossible to truelly reach, and what if old shamans were true and that reincarnation was actually a thing ? would anyone bother to be a "good" persons ?

What if moral and ethics suddenly disappeared for good ? made me also think, related to the posts about space , that Einstein found out that our planet was goin in a straight line while beein in a distorted space which kinda destroyed the "orbital course" in a straight line thing found by Newton ... what if, it has been done on purpose to made us unable to ever go further, and what if in space / other planets, other forms of life got the actual technology to stay invisible and just do that ?

What if the actual space was just a projection, and not the actual space ?

·
Registered
370 Posts
What if all countries became one and propaganda became non-existent because there was no longer any war

What if there was just one system that relayed all of the world's resources and held a constant communication with everyone

What if we had a new system of money that alleviated the need for celebrities to become products and for corporations to be treated like people

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
Making a story or a series of short stories about a 80s revival superheroine called New Retro Wave. Neon colours, crime fighting and synthwave.

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
Someone enjoyed Far Cry Blood Dragon ? or just like the 80's that much ? :kitteh:

Reactions: Wiz

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What if schools started to require MBTI tests and such for student classification- and they used it against us in bad cases?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
What if MBTI types were split into four divisions according to Keirsey's temperaments and each built a nation? How would each nation be run?

Reminding me of Avatar, who would be what? Would SPs be Air, NTs be Fire, NFs Water, and SJs Earth?

Or what if we were all put in the hunger games? Which keirsey tribe would win? And how?

What if public knowledge of MBTI led to more ignorant and useless "N vs. S" stereotyping and bigotry which would cause Ns to believe they are some sort of "master race" and thus would cause us to go to WW3?

What would the chances of Ns success rate be?

What if Ne and Ni were actually useless?

What if everyone can connect to everyone's personal experiences and memories directly through a hive-mind?

Would you still retain individuality or will everyone amalgamate into one collective entity in different biological forms?

What would happen if we were to break free from our own human experience?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What is the meaning of life?

What is beyond the universe? Anything?

Really, what happens after death?

Why do some people reject love, when it is so beautiful?

Why can't we evolve a way to fix all of our societal problems? Or at least some of them?

Why is politics so corrupted?

·
Registered
200 Posts
A car that runs on solar power and can store the energy from the sun when it's not in use. So you can drive it at night. Then there is a backup engine for when you are driving at night and run out of solar energy, so you can continue driving.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts