Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't even know why I started this thread. I literally have no clue why I am writing this. I'm probably hoping that I will delete it after writing it to get it off my chest. We both know that's a lie. Maybe I'm just craving attention. This is me whoring myself over the internet so that I can get a few scraps of love from random people who have no clue who I am. So I just finished watching the movie "The Social Network" and for whatever reason I am more depressed that I can remember. And for what? I can't think of a single reason. Jealousy? That doesn't make sense. Maybe it reminded me of my glory days? Maybe. I think I just realized how home sick I was. I've been trying to pretend it didn't matter, but shit... I'm getting a wisdom tooth removed tomorrow and I'm the type who stresses about that kinda shit - it's not even on my mind though. You ever have that ONE moment in your life where you wish you could have gone back and made a different choice? Well for no reason at all, it's SITTING IN MY FUCKING HEAD. Just sitting there. And smirking. Somebody punch me in the face and bring me back to reality.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't even know why I started this thread. I literally have no clue why I am writing this. I'm probably hoping that I will delete it after writing it to get it off my chest. We both know that's a lie. Maybe I'm just craving attention. This is me whoring myself over the internet so that I can get a few scraps of love from random people who have no clue who I am. So I just finished watching the movie "The Social Network" and for whatever reason I am more depressed that I can remember. And for what? I can't think of a single reason. Jealousy? That doesn't make sense. Maybe it reminded me of my glory days? Maybe. I think I just realized how home sick I was. I've been trying to pretend it didn't matter, but shit... I'm getting a wisdom tooth removed tomorrow and I'm the type who stresses about that kinda shit - it's not even on my mind though. You ever have that ONE moment in your life where you wish you could have gone back and made a different choice? Well for no reason at all, it's SITTING IN MY FUCKING HEAD. Just sitting there. And smirking. Somebody punch me in the face and bring me back to reality.
<Sucker Punches ertertwert in the face>

You don't need a reason. Just rant because it's what you fucking want to do. That's good enough reason here.

Reactions: ertertwert

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Send 'em coming! I'll head-butt them in two and then I'll have twice as much ammunition to send back. I think I've been reading Maddox to much...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have to study. Grrrrr!

That's all I've got right now.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I just feel so tired today..emotionally tired...

Oh wait, this is an INFJ thread *tip toes away before someone notices that she's INFP*

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have such a huge rant coming on, that I'm afraid to begin the kersplosion. Please just bypass this...I'm not editing it...and it's just rambling - but I had to so I could bring my blood pressure down. Thanks for giving me a place to do this. So here I go <jumps in with both feet>

I'm sick of it. I'm SICK to DEATH of doing everything by myself. I would WELCOME people to help, BUT where the FUCK is everyone? I feel like I BARELY get through every minute of everyday. I've continually pushed myself out of my comfort zone every fucking day for years on end to make sure I provide for my son. I have no support network, no child support (EVER in 15 years). My family is too busy being crazy themselves. If I have an issue, they have a BIGGER issue.

I'm not allowed to let myself fall apart. I'm not ALLOWED. I tried. I actually DID. We ended up homeless. TWICE. Within one year. And I'M A BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL. Everyone just looks the other way and waits for me to get ahold of myself. I cannot even express to anyone one teensy, tiny, but just how much, how INTENSELY I've had to hold things together because OTHERS can't fucking handle it. And because I can't bear to see my son suffer.

I barely deal with work. But then they WANT me to TRY. To exert myself. To go outside of my comfort zone. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I know I might make it look easy, but REALLY? I push myself to my limits, and all I get is that I need to actually try now. OMFG. Do TEN different things in one day, when ONE of those TEN things alone just about make me fall apart. And I don't even have anyone to talk it over with. When I'm home I have to completely play it cool because my son can tell when I'm stuffing things, so I have to do a doozy of an act - because HE HAS to have some sort of STABILITY after these last three years of him being in the ER twice & once was admitted for 7 days for suicide watch. Do you KNOW what it's like to go through that by yourself with no spouse, no family, NOBODY. I just have two cats I get to stare at and hope to god I keep myself together.

Going through that and more, and to be able to even have a job and even DO the job is a FUCKING miracle to me. By myself. By. Myself. No best friend. No confident. Me, myself, and I. That's it. THAT's FUCKING IT. And I'm starting to get a grip on it all, I'm starting to heal, I mean I'm holding a job...I'm even holding onto it. I think I might even be good at it. And now there's a new Director in charge, who barges in and changes everything without a thought to what the frick she's doing, and now they're like ohh, apply for this position for more responsibility blah blah blah. Really? I need TWO FUCKING minutes, just TWO FUCKING minutes that aren't in turmoil in chaos. I haven't had a moment where everything is stable and ok so that I can catch my breath.

It's most likely because they have confidence in me, but I don't. I'm SCARED. I don't want to push myself any harder because if I have another breakdown there's a good chance I won't recover. And I must stay ok. I HAVE to. I'm being given "helpful" advice from coworkers, but they have absolutely no concept of what's going on inside of me. They can't. I don't want them to, I would feel horrible if I let all of that loose. But if I ever fall apart again, that's it. For me, my son, & my two cats (don't laugh...it's all I have, so it's ridiculously important to me that they're ok.) My cats would end up at a shelter & my son in foster care, which is pretty much a death sentence in this country. I don't THINK that, I was faced with that very real possibility for the last three years.

But I did fall apart. And I went to my family, I went to the people that I had always been there for. Always strong for everyone else. And they...literally...turned their back on me. Only one spoke up...my brother... what he said explained it all...You've always been there for us, we don't know how to be there for you. And then that was it.

Do you know how ALONE this has been. How hard. How overwhelming. How slow to rebuild. How sometimes it's a matter of getting through a second at a time. Yes, a second at a time. I am not even slightly exagerrating. And now I've finally reached some semblance of a hope that we just might get through this...and now I'm getting dog piled to actually exert myself? OMFG, I want to scream. I want to cry...well, I already do that. It makes me so mad. I hate that all of what I've gone through has been invisible to almost everybody. I still have to try and live to standards of somebody who hasn't gone through any of this, and I'm so worn. out.

At home I have to be stoic. At work I have to be professional. Only inside of me has this war been raging. If I even open my mouth I'm reminded that everyone else is having a hard time, that I have to suck it up, etc. I KNOW, I KNOW THAT!!! But OMG, I've had more reality for one life than one person should have to suffer through. ANYONE. Someone just FUCKING LIE to me and tell me it's ok. That everything's ok and will be ok. That I'll be ok. That my son will be ok. Just fugodfreakshitack! ArGH. Do I have, Tell me all about reality because I really have no clue stamped all over my forehead? Just because I'm laughing & happy in the moment doesn't MEAN I'm in denial, it's called COPING. I don't need people pissing on my parade, I'm already swimming in it. Let me have that. Let me have my laughter, because that's all I have. It's how I've gotten through. My sense of humor. It's NOT denial. It's all I have left. /rant

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just feel so tired today..emotionally tired...

Oh wait, this is an INFJ thread *tip toes away before someone notices that she's INFP*
LOL, it's not an exclusive club or anything. Come sit down and have some coffee with us.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I have such a huge rant coming on, that I'm afraid to begin the kersplosion. Please just bypass this...I'm not editing it...and it's just rambling - but I had to so I could bring my blood pressure down. Thanks for giving me a place to do this. So here I go <jumps in with both feet>

I'm sick of it. I'm SICK to DEATH of doing everything by myself. I would WELCOME people to help, BUT where the FUCK is everyone? I feel like I BARELY get through every minute of everyday. I've continually pushed myself out of my comfort zone every fucking day for years on end to make sure I provide for my son. I have no support network, no child support (EVER in 15 years). My family is too busy being crazy themselves. If I have an issue, they have a BIGGER issue.

I'm not allowed to let myself fall apart. I'm not ALLOWED. I tried. I actually DID. We ended up homeless. TWICE. Within one year. And I'M A BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL. Everyone just looks the other way and waits for me to get ahold of myself. I cannot even express to anyone one teensy, tiny, but just how much, how INTENSELY I've had to hold things together because OTHERS can't fucking handle it. And because I can't bear to see my son suffer.

I barely deal with work. But then they WANT me to TRY. To exert myself. To go outside of my comfort zone. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I know I might make it look easy, but REALLY? I push myself to my limits, and all I get is that I need to actually try now. OMFG. Do TEN different things in one day, when ONE of those TEN things alone just about make me fall apart. And I don't even have anyone to talk it over with. When I'm home I have to completely play it cool because my son can tell when I'm stuffing things, so I have to do a doozy of an act - because HE HAS to have some sort of STABILITY after these last three years of him being in the ER twice & once was admitted for 7 days for suicide watch. Do you KNOW what it's like to go through that by yourself with no spouse, no family, NOBODY. I just have two cats I get to stare at and hope to god I keep myself together.

Going through that and more, and to be able to even have a job and even DO the job is a FUCKING miracle to me. By myself. By. Myself. No best friend. No confident. Me, myself, and I. That's it. THAT's FUCKING IT. And I'm starting to get a grip on it all, I'm starting to heal, I mean I'm holding a job...I'm even holding onto it. I think I might even be good at it. And now there's a new Director in charge, who barges in and changes everything without a thought to what the frick she's doing, and now they're like ohh, apply for this position for more responsibility blah blah blah. Really? I need TWO FUCKING minutes, just TWO FUCKING minutes that aren't in turmoil in chaos. I haven't had a moment where everything is stable and ok so that I can catch my breath.

It's most likely because they have confidence in me, but I don't. I'm SCARED. I don't want to push myself any harder because if I have another breakdown there's a good chance I won't recover. And I must stay ok. I HAVE to. I'm being given "helpful" advice from coworkers, but they have absolutely no concept of what's going on inside of me. They can't. I don't want them to, I would feel horrible if I let all of that loose. But if I ever fall apart again, that's it. For me, my son, & my two cats (don't laugh...it's all I have, so it's ridiculously important to me that they're ok.) My cats would end up at a shelter & my son in foster care, which is pretty much a death sentence in this country. I don't THINK that, I was faced with that very real possibility for the last three years.

But I did fall apart. And I went to my family, I went to the people that I had always been there for. Always strong for everyone else. And they...literally...turned their back on me. Only one spoke up...my brother... what he said explained it all...You've always been there for us, we don't know how to be there for you. And then that was it.

Do you know how ALONE this has been. How hard. How overwhelming. How slow to rebuild. How sometimes it's a matter of getting through a second at a time. Yes, a second at a time. I am not even slightly exagerrating. And now I've finally reached some semblance of a hope that we just might get through this...and now I'm getting dog piled to actually exert myself? OMFG, I want to scream. I want to cry...well, I already do that. It makes me so mad. I hate that all of what I've gone through has been invisible to almost everybody. I still have to try and live to standards of somebody who hasn't gone through any of this, and I'm so worn. out.

At home I have to be stoic. At work I have to be professional. Only inside of me has this war been raging. If I even open my mouth I'm reminded that everyone else is having a hard time, that I have to suck it up, etc. I KNOW, I KNOW THAT!!! But OMG, I've had more reality for one life than one person should have to suffer through. ANYONE. Someone just FUCKING LIE to me and tell me it's ok. That everything's ok and will be ok. That I'll be ok. That my son will be ok. Just fugodfreakshitack! ArGH. Do I have, Tell me all about reality because I really have no clue stamped all over my forehead? Just because I'm laughing & happy in the moment doesn't MEAN I'm in denial, it's called COPING. I don't need people pissing on my parade, I'm already swimming in it. Let me have that. Let me have my laughter, because that's all I have. It's how I've gotten through. My sense of humor. It's NOT denial. It's all I have left. /rant
Wow. And I feel completely stupid for feeling so down and low. Talk about paradigm shift.

First, let me say you are Strong. Notice the capital letter; it's intentional. I have always been on a quest for answers and lately I have been feeling like maybe God is calling for me. I came up with a thought that I wrote down a few days ago and I'd like to share it: "It's not so much that you are searching for God, but that He is searching for you." I've been reading from the Bible lately and other devotional books. You know what it's done for me? Given me some peace. I don't want to get into a debate about placebo or anything, but just wanted let others know my new-found life perspective. Faith, hope, and love.

Back to your troubles, know that you are NOT alone.

‎"Character is both developed and reaveled by tests, and all of life is a test."

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Curb Your Enthusiasm is my all-time favorite series. I relate to Larry David more than I relate to most people. But he takes it to the next step. He's a genius.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Ah, I have a small rant coming on...

Why do I have such bad luck with roommates? Last year, my first year at college, I was put with a guy who I thought wanted to murder me. He creeped me out that much, and he stayed up to God knows how late each night and would stomp his feet around the entire dorm and I would wake up from the rumblings from his feets stomping around at 4 AM. And when I asked him to stop, the least I expected was "Oh I didn't notice. I'll try to stop" But no. He refused to acknowledge that he even did that, and I even showed how he was and he still wouldn't change. And then, later in the year we had another roommate who just left crap all over the place and would have friends over I'm not sure how late, and the thing with him was that his REGULAR talking voice was like anyone else's shouting voice.

So, I transferred, and since the housing at this university is so tight, I got the last available spot without having to stay in a hotel while I waited for someone to drop out. Well, I got put with a dude feels the need to sing and whistle to get attention whenever ANYONE is in the dorm (he doesn't do it when it's just me and him), and he refuses to stay quiet after midnight or so because I have a really early class, and he doesn't have any in the mornings. For example, he played music at 2:30 in the morning when I'm supposed to be sleeping, so I go in and ask him to turn it down a little bit so I can sleep and he said "Oh I'm not being loud". And one of the others is a belligerent dude who got pissed off at me for asking him to keep the temperature at 70 so I don't wake up shivering in the morning when he puts it on 50. So, he starts yelling at me and jumps up like he's about to fight me. So, not wanting a fight over the goddamn temperature, I just compromise and say let's put it at 60 or 65, and even then he's still pissed off I'm even suggesting it.

The only saving grace is that I've had my own room both times, but I seriously have the worst luck with roommates. Fuck. dorms.

/rant

1 - 18 of 18 Posts