Personality Cafe banner

Where does your IQ lie?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick IQ Test - Good Questions
This thread is not to make fun or pick at others but i just want to see the highest and lowest iq's and get a idea what our collective iq is. This test takes little time and please don't retake it. Post first results.
Mine is 122

Genius 144+
Gifted 130-144
Above average 115-129
Higher average 100-114
lower average 85-99
Below average 70-84
Borderline low 55-69
Low <55

·
Registered
16 Posts
The test is inaccurate. I've taken a number of IQ tests (one was a "proper" test as part of an acquaintance's psyche research paper) and know that mine lies somewhere between 119 and 128. However I just got a score of 131 in the IQ test provided, which is higher than usual. There could be some bias so that scores are being scaled up slightly.

BTW I misread the thread and voted first based on past IQ tests before realising a link had been provided to an IQ test for testing prior to voting :laughing:

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
The test is inaccurate. I've taken a number of IQ tests (one was a "proper" test as part of an acquaintance's psyche research paper) and know that mine lies somewhere between 119 and 128. However I just got a score of 131 in the IQ test provided, which is higher than usual. There could be some bias so that scores are being scaled up slightly.

BTW I misread the thread and voted first based on past IQ tests before realising a link had been provided to an IQ test for testing prior to voting :laughing:
Is there some sort of margin of error or do you just remember it being somewhere in the 120s?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I got in the 130 to 140 range but I've scored in that range on IQ tests before so I can't say how accurate or inaccurate the test is. There are other IQ tests online some run by neuroscience study groups that offer it to collect information so I'm sure there are more official tests that grade a wider range of subjects available online. And before you ask no I cannot even begin to remember where I saw and took the one I'm talking about but I remember it so if you have any interest in it its definitely out there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is there some sort of margin of error or do you just remember it being somewhere in the 120s?
No margin of error was specified, although I am sure there was one in each of the tests I have taken. In previous tests my IQ has ranged from 119 to 128 depending on the test.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
It told me I had 16 points, which according to their charts puts me in the 130 - 139, or gifted, category. I normally get between 130 - 135 on online IQ tests. Never actually taken an official IQ test though so can't say what my real IQ is. Somehow I doubt that that I'm really in the 98th percentile, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that I'm above the 85th percentile. I actually just guessed on about a quarter of the questions.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I generally disagree with all IQ tests because I doubt their validity. I say this because of the questions asked seem to favor a particular developmental ability, such as mathematics. Who ever made it a rule that in order to be intelligent you have to grasp mathematics?

I for one have a very difficult time with math. If IQ tests focused on questions pertaining to say, English, I'd automatically be considered a genius.

Einstein failed his college entrance exam, and his parents thought he may be retarded as a child.

Just saying. Fuck tests. They were created by "the man" to categorize an idea of what intelligence should be, not what is.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I generally disagree with all IQ tests because I doubt their validity. I say this because of the questions asked seem to favor a particular developmental ability, such as mathematics. Who ever made it a rule that in order to be intelligent you have to grasp mathematics?

I for one have a very difficult time with math. If IQ tests focused on questions pertaining to say, English, I'd automatically be considered a genius.

Einstein failed his college entrance exam, and his parents thought he may be retarded as a child.

Just saying. Fuck a test.
Actually what you are saying is a big problem with a lot of IQ tests, that they are skewed to one particular type of intelligence like mathematics, vocabulary, spatial, etc. Some people are amazing at math but are poor at speaking and the use of words, while others have a large vocabulary and understand language easily but struggle with math. I mean, how many people are mathematicians and linguists at the same time? A good IQ test will have a balance of sections and give you a general number and then specific information about certain areas that you excel in.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
It didn't give me any test conditions, ergo I got a perfect score in under a minute <_<

·
Registered
630 Posts
Again, with these polls it would be far more instructive and helpful to break the options down to smaller, even intervals, so that a histogram can be obtained and we would be able to find the mean and std. dev., and then do an analysis.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Ive taken a few IQ tests and all were in the 145-150 range. What I dont like about them however, is that they're all just abstract logic puzzles and pattern recognition. For me, that comes naturally. Its a good indicator of fluid intelligence, but doesnt take into account those who may just think slower and more deliberately whereas my thinking is more leaps-and-bounds guess-and-check and I happen to get lucky most of the time. IQ tests are catered to my thinking, while it isnt to the general population

Intelligence can be measured on so many levels. My boyfriend is an ExFJ and he is one of the most intelligent people I know. He doesnt score near where I do on IQ tests, but he understands things more thoroughly and far more in depth then I do. His memory is also impeccable. He can remember EVERYTHING whereas I cant even remember what I had for breakfast (or itd take me at least two minutes to think about it kinda thing). Its just one kind of intelligence, though the results can be quite interesting

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
144, which either means i have gained zero intelligence over the last 2 years, or i have reached my max level of intelligence i can hope to reach.

Either way, 144 is not classed as genius in all the other tests i have done, it was 147 for genius lvl IQ.

which this proved something, But the way i live my life proves more than a test ever could, And if it was related to my life then i would be looking at about a score of 60

1 - 16 of 16 Posts