Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 407 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking with a friend, and we hypothesized that there may be a correlation between the Hogwarts House you were sorted into in Pottermore and your MBTI type.

I would like to ask those of you who do have a Pottermore account and have gone through the sorting ceremony to post your MBTI type and the Hogwarts house you were sorted into, and any thoughts you might have concerning the subject.

I'll start.
INTJ, Gryffindor

Have at it, PerC.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I got sorted into Ravenclaw and have always identified with it most. I can say that I'm definitely an introvert but I'm not sure about the rest.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm ENTP & Gryffindor. :) But I don't think there's a correlation.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think that it's an interesting topic to think about. I don't see why the two wouldn't be related, but with more posts (hopefully) we'll see if there is any correlation at all.

Maybe it has more to do with the Enneagram type.

Reactions: nottie and Cerebro

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
ENFP. Hufflepuff! <3

Anyway, there's probably going to be some correlation. The Sorting Hat sorts based on a person's value systems. We all act based on what we value. So it plays off of that. Which means there probably will be some sort of correlation between MBTI and the Houses of Hogwarts.

·
Registered
92 Posts
INTP and a hatstall Ravenclaw/Slytherin combo. Chose Slytherin, then took the test again on a new account to receive Slytherin in full. Looks like I'm a Snake!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
ISTJ Ravenclaw. The question was truly, what house would I be in if I were not a Ravenclaw. Much harder question, although I think it would be Gryffindor. I was so relieved that it didn't make me a Hufflepuff or something just because I said that I would want to be known as "The Good" over "The Wise". Not that I have a problem with Hufflepuff, but I am not nearly as loyal or as modest.

Sorting hat measures persona and a bit of motivations, but I wouldn't bet on a relation to type. Anybody saw inferior complexes here? Yeah, didn't think so.

My ESTP sister is also a Ravenclaw.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
ENFP. Hufflepuff! <3

Anyway, there's probably going to be some correlation. The Sorting Hat sorts based on a person's value systems. We all act based on what we value. So it plays off of that. Which means there probably will be some sort of correlation between MBTI and the Houses of Hogwarts.
Yes, which is also why some of the most miserable characters in-series were in the wrong houses: they weren't being true to themselves, and ended up paying for it. Harry Potter also carries a nice little lesson on being true to who you are.

Actually, I think there'd be a stronger correlation between enneatype and House, than MBTI and House.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've found NTs are more likely to be Ravenclaw or Slytherin.

I'm an ENTJ. Sorted 9 times (I helped with data collecting for this big analysis project). Gryffindor 3 times, Slytherin 3 times, Ravenclaw 3 times. No hatstalls at all. Major identity crisis right here.

1 - 20 of 407 Posts