Personality Cafe banner

Power, Resources and Sex - the currencies

[INTJ] 
556 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  jtour 
#1 ·
This monolog will bore you, as it lacks originaly or insight. Also, its against the publics consensus. Some stupid perspective. But if you still wish to take a look, consider this: surely there is another thread less depressive somewhere. Written by a nonidiot. So off you go.

Now to the point.

Wanting to draw attention on the nonmodern eras values. Stuff that ppl invest serious time into.

There was this research group from LSE, (UK uni) studying the history of sociopsychological behaviour. The went all the way back till Egyptians, Persians and even the ancient cultures. They studied what has motivated human action. And if it ever changed.

It seems that social power, informational power, money and land as well as labour/slaves and especially sex were the ultimatum to generate movement. And it seems that this has been for always. At least, apart from health, its how it functions today. This means theres been only surpraficial development to none to us as race. No quant leap, nothing impressive, really. I think it originates from the pyramid of maslow (hierachy of needs) that leads to insane selfconcentration, fully.

Interesting enough we can take this further into the position where we are kinda all just animals. Now when we are repeating our errors all the time through history, wanting to excell only in pride, no fucking wonder we are all unhappy. Or stuck at some of the 17levels of counsciousness.

There was this presentation I made back in uni. I argued against many of my class, or so it seemed, that happiness cant be some point in ones lifespan. Such as I got this business/job, or that bird, or what ever else, now Im happy for rest of my life. It has to have the quality of continuity. 10 years later at schools reunioun all of the same ppl came asking for success advice.. The idea of having those specific earlier mentioned currencies exchanging apparent value is not going to take us anywhere. Its just a closed circle. Infinite closed circle.

Happiness is not therefore related to power, resources or sex. Happiness is elsewhere. The only thing ppl literally have to take in consideration is this combination.

-WHY am I closing my mind to potential definition of happiness.
-And who benefits from my low levels of counsciosness and in which exact form

From a business owners POV, theres nothing greater than an intelligent person with low levels of counsciouness - meaning he will ask for less than hes real value is. He will do that so that he can satisfy only hes preprogrammed ego, sadly believing that is where happiness is.

Theres also the sex. I have sex with that person, I get thrill/social/material advanges.. It works but.. Its just desire/anger/pride. From a sex abuser POV there nothing greater than a bird in pride, then take her to angry and the to the bed. For a quality seducer it takes 20min - any woman. Then they get dumped or cheated. Men too. And then there are frustrations..

Or money. Theres always gonna be someone whos bitch you will be. Always. Look Ghaddafi. That was a 65B fellow, with his apparently own country.

Therefore the real currency here is time. If we waste time in stuff that vanish we will feel literally either inflated or empty. Even the ideal relationships with wife-husband can be done one day if the other passes away. So the best investment there is to check out for something absolute. That time/space does not erase or remove.

Jesus once said we should build up treasure in heavens where rust and thieves do not take it away from us. Pretty well said indeed. Thats the go-for. Nothing is gonna influence that, time, space, nothing.

And from there, everything will fall into the right evaluation of value. Not too much, nor too little.

So. As a currency, pls take a look into that.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have very happy life ... If I born again... I will exactly live this way again... I have no regret
I'm not rich, but I have enough ... happiness is consciousness for me ... to decide everything by thinking and clear ideas...
seeking just money, sex , and... just give me the feeling of animal ... I hate it...

#4 ·
Hmmm the 3 vile sins to be honest. Sorry but my spiritual background is of Christianity and power, resources and sex actually were the 3 sins that, indirectly, were used to temp Jesus and us.

I haven't read the entire post yet but I'll do so later. I just have the need to post my thoughts above as soon as i read the title

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
@Kenkao

You have a positive nickname & picture! :)

Ne that is. I would normally take you to the infp forum, but cause you are a littlebit incorrect here Ill help you out.

He was tempted with Food, Glory and Immortality.

If I die in the meanwhile, at least you got those straight

ps. I know you infp people are delicate and with feelings and all the normal stuff Im not capable, but this is supposed to be somesort of intj forum, so.. I mean intjs are a littlebit rude, around 80% of the time. If you stay here, someone will almost certainly hurt your feelings unless I managed to do that unwillingfully already, of course

#7 ·
Just have to say this. But does such a thing even exist, meaning a infp not in a hurry? You people are so pleasant and yet so ferm Id like to buy and own you all and just cook the best natural food there is to all of you.

Kenkao. Im really a bad, bad man. Thats better to have on your side that in a argument on the other side.

#8 ·
Well as long as you don't resort to personal attacks, i will have no problem (or at least i think i will have minimal problems only).

You know that the Bible is not really set to be interpreted literally all the time.

If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’
As for my (and our church) interpretation on this matter, this is the modern day temptation of "resources". That time the most important resource is food (well it still is up to now) because it's a basic necessity, added to the fact that Jesus was hungry for not eating for 40 day.s

Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”
7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”
This refers to temptation of power. The devil wanted Jesus to have the pride of being a son of God and feel his "power" instead of being humble in the service of others.

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”
For me, this refers to the worldly pleasures. Jesus can have all the pleasure the world can offer (including sex that is) if he will only bow down to the devil (or as the devil believed it to be, but we all know that Jesus doesnt need any worldly pleasures).

Thank you :)

#9 ·
This sounds like a wise soliloquy! :proud: (I’m not being sarky here).

As a realist who analyses things from a dispassionate and impersonal viewpoint, I must point out that human nature is naturally selfish. No one can deny being competitive is a must for survival (in both the natural world and human affairs). Perhaps this perspective can be described as anthropologically pessimistic but, as history eloquently demonstrates, self-interest is both universal and timeless.

However, I don’t think time is a currency. In the grand scheme of things, it’s a non-renewable resource whose scarcity highlights its critical importance. Therefore, one can’t afford to squander it. It must be managed reasonably and productively.

#10 · (Edited)
So, if I rephrased the title of the thread as:

"Can of whoop-ass, Stacks of benjamins, and Poontang"

that would be pretty much a good translation?

If so, I can't find anything to argue about.

In fact, sounds pretty good to me.

I don't imagine there's much trick to avoiding going all Marlon Brando, getting fat on tropical mangos, enjoying the local girls, and having a defective family.

Power/whoop-ass you just keep in reserve. There when you need it. You know, do your push-ups, cultivate relationships sincerely for mutual benefit.

Same for resources. Good stewardship. Think of the future -- perhaps a family, perhaps a foundation endowment.

Good woman/women. Yeah, just be nice, that all works out, until it doesn't, then you move on to some others, or not. There's no magic trick.

#11 ·
Your post reminded me of this story. I hope you enjoy it.

The Most "Foolish" Traveler in the World
This is a story from Fruits Basket.

-------------------------------

Once upon a time, there was a foolish traveler who had gone on a journey.
Why was he foolish? Well, because he was fooled by everyone he met!
"Please, some money for medicine...?"
Everywhere he went, people made up all kinds of sad stories to tell him, and the traveler fell for every one of them.
"I have a sick younger sister..."
"I don't have money to buy seeds to plant in my fields."
Pretty soon, his money, his clothes, even his shoes had been cheated away from him.
But the foolish traveler was always glad to help. And he always told the people the same thing.
He said: "I wish you happiness."
But by this point, though, the traveler was completely naked, and with nothing left to cover himself, he decided to leave the main road and travel through the dense forest, where no one could see him...
But soon, he was discovered by the goblins that lived in the woods. The goblins wanted to eat the traveler's body, so they begged and pleaded, and used
kind words to try and trick him... Of course, the traveler was fooled.
First, he let the goblins eat one of his legs. Then an arm. Then more and more... Before it was over, all that the traveler had left was his head. He'd even given his eyes away to the last of the goblins... And as that last goblin was eating the traveler's eyes, he turned and said
"Thank you, traveler. In return, I leave you this present."
What the goblin left was a slip of paper, with the word "fool" written on it. The traveler couldn't see it. He didn't know what it was. Even so, tears began to flow down his face.
"Thank you," he said. "This is the first present anyone ever gave me. I'm so happy. I'm so happy. Thank you."
Even without his eyes, he cried and cried, great tears of joy. Then, the traveler died, the smile still on his face.

#12 ·
Here's one from the movie Mr. Arkadin:

paraphrasing from memory,
"I had a dream once, I was in a cemetery in a small town, and I noticed as I looked at the gravestones, the years were all very short, you know, from 1875-1896, 1908-1917, and things like this. I asked a townsperson, 'What does it mean, to have the very short years in the whole of the graveyard?' He replied, 'It is a custom in our town, we do not mark the years on the graves of a man's life, but the time he kept a friend.'"

Don't know, just seemed appropriate, I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.