Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a thread for sharing those precious, beautiful, shiny moments which occur in everyday life which are probably things that most people never even notice.

To start: Today as a small yellow leaf was falling from its tree, it resembled a small butterfly gliding and then coming in for a landing.

·
Registered
302 Posts
A crystal clear night, staring up into the stars. I don't know how, but it never ever gets boring or dull. Perhaps it's knowing that you're staring into infinity where there's a whole universe where anything could be happening. Often I only stop myself doing it when I break the zen by thinking how stupid I must be/look :(

Spending time with my nephews (One of two years, one of a month :D) and that brief moment when you realise that in your lap/arms you're holding a truly infinite amount of potential.

PS. ForsakenMe, the quote in your signature is absolutely amazing :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Underlined passages in library books. It's like direct connection to someone's brain.
Sometimes I leave notes between the pages of library books. It helps me feel connected to others, even when I'm alone.

·
Registered
897 Posts
seeing fallen yellow leaves on an empty road, seeing the blue sky, red sky...while standing perplexed there.
seeing and 'hearing' nature is always very inspiring for me, because honestly I'm quite sick with all the constant blaring horns, beeping, pollution and crazy traffic jam that happens everyday in my city here. not to mention the sound of phone calls, fax machines, Blackberry messages etc etc, arrggh LEAVE ME ALONE, I JUST WANT TO BE ALONE WITH MOTHER NATURE!

maybe I should move...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Underlined passages in library books. It's like direct connection to someone's brain.
Sometimes I leave notes between the pages of library books. It helps me feel connected to others, even when I'm alone.
Never seen, but love the idea of it! In a similar vain (vein?) I also love seeing some types of graffiti. It might be something Banksy-esque like a stencil, a little simple drawing or a tiny phrase. Something that you can recall at a moments notice to clear your mind.

Though whenever I try to tell people about them, they never quite get it like I do :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
A few weeks ago I had a haircut for the first time in many years and, as I was paying, I told the stylist and manager that they were both an absolute pleasure, they seemed genuinely touched and had big smiles. Always nice to see how just speaking up for once can just make someone's day. :happy:

·
Premium Member
15,242 Posts
Pretty interesting storm moved up the east coast yesterday with lots of rain, but today is cooler, the windows are open and it's sunny!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I walked out of class last night, the sun had just set, the campus was more or less empty. I put in my ipod, took in a deep breath and smiled. I then took like 20 min to walk what could be a 5 min walk to my car

·
Registered
302 Posts
I love the way my house seems so cozy when the weather is stormy. I like returning to its peace and quietness when I've been out in the crazy world. Like it's my own safe refuge from chaos.
I think all our abodes are like that. I think that's what makes a house a home :happy:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Little things, like humor -- even that gets overlooked. Being able to curl up with an inspiring book.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,621 Posts
Something quite special happened this morning. Okay so I have a thing about cats. I had a horrible argument this morning and I was really teary, I walked to the shop to get some milk and my mind was going about a million miles at once replaying everything that was said and how unfair it all was. I came out the shop and crossed the road. Outside this thrift store where all profits are raised for cats, there is this cat that was stood outside, walking up and down. I have seen this cat before, he is usually inside when the shop is open, sat on the counter. Well I saw him and he looked back. I leant down and he ran straight up to me. As I stroked him, tears fell down my face and I just felt really emotional but this friendly cat continued to circle me, every now and then rubbing his little chin on my leg :) I fell in love. I think kitty knew something was sad in me and he made it better even though I went through this little cry outburst but once that was over, I felt so much better. I was near a main road funnily enough and many of the cats in the area steer clear of this part because of the cars but this was a street smart cat :cool: He lived near the main road for long enough in this flat situated behind the shop.
As our meeting ended, I whispered goodbye silently and made my way back home.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
A crystal clear night, staring up into the stars. I don't know how, but it never ever gets boring or dull. Perhaps it's knowing that you're staring into infinity where there's a whole universe where anything could be happening. Often I only stop myself doing it when I break the zen by thinking how stupid I must be/look :(
I agree. It looks even better when the full moon bathed in sunlight in the dead of night. When you're in a place where there are no street lights or city lights, they're so beautiful that it's breath taking. In a way it's like the stars and moon tell us that no matter how dark life gets, just look up and you'll see the heavens shining brightly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts