Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why not start a second thread now that I got started, lol.

Do you guys have precognitive dreams or "feel" things?

Two years ago I had a dream where I lost my front tooth and was very sad. Right after my dream my grandma passed away. Some months ago I had a dream two of my back teeth fell out, then suddenly there was this girl who I knew was my close friend but I didn't recognize her face. She cried at my door telling she needs me and her knee was bleeding. The next day I found out my close friend had lost two of her family members in an accident and was devastated. Now I dreamed of this mountain by a meadow and in my dream I knew something really bad had happened but also that it would be okay in the end. Day after this there was the earthquake in Nepal and one of my closest friends had flown there just the day before and her phone was dead. Luckily it turned out she's ok but it scared her of course. The weirdest part is she went climbing and this mountain from my dream actually exists by this meadow.

I've had many dreams that then happen IRL, or I've "felt" a person I haven't seen in ages is coming. Once when my ex was in the army far away I just "knew" he's coming and told my sister I'll go open the door for him. My sister told me I'm nuts but when I opened the door my ex drove in our driveway. I often freak my family/friends out by knowing or seeing things and also scare myself when I see something bad "coming".

Do you others have any similar experiences? Sorry my message is so long!:perc2:

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
That's CRAZY!! In a good way haha. Not really, I tend to be very intuitive, but in more explainable ways.. For example I once dreamed I was chasing a faithful dog around a battlefield, and I could never seem to catch him- it didn't take me long to figure out it was about my best friend (who drifted apart around 6 months later) and the chaos of life.

My intuition tends to be more based on seeing TINY bits of information that give me HUGE assured feelings about things which inevitably are true.. For example, a girl's body language during 5 secs (when she was actually being conservative and not giving much away) can give me an encompassing intuitive feeling about her personality which has yet to be revealed. I've known two friends would get together based on a 3 second look, when neither one of them even knew they fancied the other- I could just put their two vibes together conceptually in my head and it made sense.. When I was a child I could ALWAYS tell what my parents were thinking even though I had no experience of the adult perspective- it was funny because they'd think I had no clue, and I'd deliberately feign innocence because I also intuitively knew I wasn't supposed to have that level of insight into a lot of things.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Almost every ENFJ I have spoken to has had a few precognitive dreams. I've never had one. How close are you on the J/P scale? I often have intense feelings of deja vu where I feel like I have dreamed something before, but even if that were true it's always something mundane.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@AdroElectro I'm pretty high on P. Depending on the test it's like 80% or 19/20. I tend to get pretty J-ish at work and have become much more responsible and organized. I feel I seem like a J to people who don't know me but I'm definitely ENFP still :)

That's interesting though, that with ENFJs they've all seen dreams like that:tongue:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I usually have dreams about my future self and when the time passes that time in my dream in reality I experience deja vu,usually when I have dreams of myself I'm in the state of hypnagogia which means half asleep half awake so in my dream I always look around or at what I'm doing then the psyche is at one of it strongest points and then I get to do the work "before hand " two or three days before hand, I have never had experiences like the OP though, thats a different level entirely...

Reactions: missleana

·
Registered
6 Posts
For the longest time I never trusted my intuition, only recently when a friend of mine pointed out that I'm usually right did I start to put my trust in my gut, and here I am now. I would say that 9 times out of 10 I'm right. It can be anything from just instinctively knowing something about someone, something they're hiding, seeing beyond a mask, to actually knowing something is going to happen before it happens. I don't often remember my dreams, there's only a few especially vivid ones that I remember, but I often feel like I knew something was going to happen before it did. I don't really know how to explain it, and it sounds crazy when I say it out loud, and I still have a hard time believing that I'm right, but somehow I just know.
There was one time when I was playing a game with my friends, and we had to draw cards to be partnered up, and somehow I knew before hand that I would turn to my friend and she would be looking straight back at me. Sure enough, when the time came it happened exactly like that. I've had other things like that, where I've known for a long time that something would happen, or known instinctively about a person and a connection we would have. I had a particularly vivid dream a while back that my sister died, and I can't remember the cause, but I do remember having to take care of her kids for her as the husband seemed to be out of the picture. A couple months later my sister became extremely sick. So take it as you will, but intuition is real, and it can be a very powerful thing.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your answers people :) I'm surprised, I for some reason thought this intuitiveness and freakiness would be a part of ENFP nature hahah!

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
Why not start a second thread now that I got started, lol.

Do you guys have precognitive dreams or "feel" things?

Two years ago I had a dream where I lost my front tooth and was very sad. Right after my dream my grandma passed away. Some months ago I had a dream two of my back teeth fell out, then suddenly there was this girl who I knew was my close friend but I didn't recognize her face. She cried at my door telling she needs me and her knee was bleeding. The next day I found out my close friend had lost two of her family members in an accident and was devastated. Now I dreamed of this mountain by a meadow and in my dream I knew something really bad had happened but also that it would be okay in the end. Day after this there was the earthquake in Nepal and one of my closest friends had flown there just the day before and her phone was dead. Luckily it turned out she's ok but it scared her of course. The weirdest part is she went climbing and this mountain from my dream actually exists by this meadow.

I've had many dreams that then happen IRL, or I've "felt" a person I haven't seen in ages is coming. Once when my ex was in the army far away I just "knew" he's coming and told my sister I'll go open the door for him. My sister told me I'm nuts but when I opened the door my ex drove in our driveway. I often freak my family/friends out by knowing or seeing things and also scare myself when I see something bad "coming".

Do you others have any similar experiences? Sorry my message is so long!:perc2:
Its more on the intuition side really, i dont need to pick up the phone to know who's callin most of the times, lol.

That and also "timing". I cant quite explain it but when givin an appointment to people I kinda know exactly when to show up in order to match their arrival. D:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts