Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Predict or estimate thinking patterns/daily thought/personality in more detail than the different portraits of the 16 types, but more specifically INTP. Others can post theirs even if the posts are not coinciding. Assumptions/labels/subtypes can be aimed at any post.

I am aware these sub-types can be found online but to my knowledge those are mostly personal opinions.

Introverted 44 %
Intuitive 38 %
Thinking 50 %
Perceiving 11 %

5w6, 1w2, 3w4

Ti - Te - Si - Ne - Fi - Ni - Fe - Se

^ This is me, what do you feel I usually think like?

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
We'd have to crawl into a single bed before I could do that,

Love the statistics by the way, 11% perceiving? Really? Where is the other 88%? Stolen by J? How does that make a intP?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
We'd have to crawl into a single bed before I could do that,

Love the statistics by the way, 11% perceiving? Really? Where is the other 88%? Stolen by J? How does that make a intP?
You mean 89%?

Reactions: 28606

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Well, I can't say much about you in particular, Jay. But INTPs do some silly things kind of like this:

If we're mocked when we're discussing something, we'll come right back with a serious defense, even if the person making fun of us was joking. Our defense is usually really comprehensive and blasts the mockery or joke out of the sky better than you shoot down a butterfly with an Uzi.

We're never sure how to gauge how well we're doing at something. We know we're "good at it" by other people's standards, but our own standards are way higher than everyone else's (at least for ourselves, we don't expect the same thing from everyone else) and we're the only ones who know our own standards. So while everyone else insists that we're great at what we're doing, we're trying to figure out if we're doing the best we can. It really is like trying to figure out how well you sing, without using a recording device.

We argue for fun, and we admire the ENTPs, because if it's in person, they're better at it than we are and we appreciate when they're on our side. Their comebacks give us time to formulate our own logic, and then they build off of it.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Idk, I just don't know, that's what the test came up with. I guess my J is smaller, or my name(Jay) stole the J, and only left P, because I sure as hell don't get (pay).... I crack myself up.

If we're mocked when we're discussing something, we'll come right back with a serious defense, even if the person making fun of us was joking. Our defense is usually really comprehensive and blasts the mockery or joke out of the sky better than you shoot down a butterfly with an Uzi.
Ashamed to admit it, but so true...

We're never sure how to gauge how well we're doing at something. We know we're "good at it" by other people's standards, but our own standards are way higher than everyone else's (at least for ourselves, we don't expect the same thing from everyone else) and we're the only ones who know our own standards. So while everyone else insists that we're great at what we're doing, we're trying to figure out if we're doing the best we can. It really is like trying to figure out how well you sing, without using a recording device.
Hmmm... I'm not sure, I do think that some people compliment me just to be nice, maybe this trait will make me huge in rapping.

We argue for fun, and we admire the ENTPs, because if it's in person, they're better at it than we are and we appreciate when they're on our side. Their comebacks give us time to formulate our own logic, and then they build off of it.
My best friend of 6 years is ENTP, cleared up a lot of things; always drags me around, hates philosophy and we're constantly arguing. Despite our differences, I love him like a brother.

You guys should post yours.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
The constantly-arguing part is normal for ENTPs. They're just having fun, they like to bounce their ideas off people. Sometimes they argue points that they know are wrong because they know they can get away with it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The constantly-arguing part is normal for ENTPs. They're just having fun, they like to bounce their ideas off people. Sometimes they argue points that they know are wrong because they know they can get away with it.
So am I slow to put myself in words or is he simply more intelligent, I feel I'm always right, just can't keep up to say things, and then when I'm in the process of thinking, the next argument comes up and I have to start thinking about that, but sometimes i suspect it's my narcissism.

If not, is the slow process a symptom of obtainment of wisdom beyond years, or are we just retarded.

Do you happen to know by any chance how those scores...are scored.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
INTP subtypes..........hm lemme see?

You've got the intellectual stoner type, the indie/experiemental artsy hipsters, the mischievous internet troll/hackers, the awkward but nice nerd with esoteric interests, and the loud angry pedantic argumetative ones who can be mistaken for ENTPs. I'm sure your local INTP has a little of each flavors.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wow, cat. You just listed off three perfect fits off the top of your head. Looks like Meyers-Briggs > Psychic Friends by a long shot. :p

the loud angry pedantic argumentative [INTPs].
Present. :)

·
Registered
705 Posts

You've got the intellectual stoner type, the indie/experiemental artsy hipsters, the mischievous internet troll/hackers, the awkward but nice nerd with esoteric interests, and the loud angry pedantic argumetative ones who can be mistaken for ENTPs. I'm sure your local INTP has a little of each flavors.
Dang. You really hit the nail on the head with those types there!

I guess I'm mainly an indie/experimental artsy INTP with a little intellectual stoner and mischievous troll sprinkled on top.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I believe that there is a great deal of truth to the MBTI theory, enough to casually apply elements of it in order to explain aspects of personality if one astutely applies elements of the theory to other thoughts based on his/her own observations. However, I think that many aspects of it are too categorical/too set in stone to be completely true. I think that it is completely possible for a person to border two different types without having a single dominant type and I also think that it is possible for someone to exhibit their functions in nearly any order (For example, I think that my Fe is much stronger than my Si). I think that many different subtypes of INTP (or of any other type) are possible because I think that the MBTI only categorizes one's personality in an extremely general manner. Many of my personality traits are un-INTP but I'm ultimately secure in my INTPness because although I am not a prototypical INTP, I can relate to prototypical INTP thought much more closely than I can relate to the prototypical thought of any other type. I'm sick of reading about people who question their type just because of one or two little things that make them different from most other people of that type.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Categories are boxes drawn by man, and reality at least superficially approximates the complexity of the fractal.

It would be very odd if seven billion people would all match exactly one of sixteen categories.

But, I think one must expect that noobs will be wondering exactly which deviations are definitive and which are not. It seems only natural. When is it no longer country, but rock&roll? One who has never heard such tunes will take a while to figure out where the fuzzy boundaries are and where and if he places his own decisive borders.

Reactions: username

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
Categories are boxes drawn by man, and reality at least superficially approximates the complexity of the fractal.

It would be very odd if seven billion people would all match exactly one of sixteen categories.

But, I think one must expect that noobs will be wondering exactly which deviations are definitive and which are not. It seems only natural. When is it no longer country, but rock&roll? One who has never heard such tunes will take a while to figure out where the fuzzy boundaries are and where and if he places his own decisive borders.
what? 7 billion people already? o__o

·
Registered
216 Posts
Reactions: username

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I'm one of those local INTP, not a troll, or argumentative type though, except when arguing with an ENTP.

These are my actual percentages -

Introverted 94 %
Intuitive 88 %
Thinking 100 %
Perceiving 61 %

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reactions: PAdude

·
Registered
216 Posts
Better than using their resources to disarm civilians who are being targeted for genocide by the military and police. (Eastern Europe, 1990s)

·
Registered
492 Posts
This is so amazing, it's magnificently beautiful, ah the joy...the joy I feel...... the UN wasting time on shit like this.
I know, really?... Such meaningless designation is just a complete waste of the UN's time. They'd even have been better off just taking that time off than meeting to discuss this crap.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts