Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
INTP, 5w4 in the Enneagramm
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I discovered I am an INTP since few months, and I would be interested to better understand my type and the other types and to talk with the other members of the forum.
For the amusement of the speaking later.

·
Registered
ENTP type 8w5
169 Posts
Welcome welcome welcome, I’m an ENTP, apparently we have a lot of those letters in common

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome welcome welcome, I’m an ENTP, apparently we have a lot of those letters in common
Tank you, RedBlaur, for your message of welcome.
Yes, we must have many in common because we are part of the NTs, the Rationals, so they (the rationals) tend to be future-thinking pretty to be present-thinking (like the NFs) and see the universe as explainable by the reason.
After, if you are ENTP 8w5, I guess you have a post with high accountability (because you are a 8 so you probably like the responsabilities). Do I guess wrong?

·
Registered
ENTP type 8w5
169 Posts
Tank you, RedBlaur, for your message of welcome.
Yes, we must have many in common because we are part of the NTs, the Rationals, so they (the rationals) tend to be future-thinking pretty to be present-thinking (like the NFs) and see the universe as explainable by the reason.
After, if you are ENTP 8w5, I guess you have a post with high accountability (because you are a 8 so you probably like the responsabilities). Do I guess wrong?

No you’re not, responsibilities is a dreadful concept to many, but when you take responsibility for what you believe in and what express who you are it shows a great level of maturity, we have to keep in mind that even if our personality types are explained with a lot of glamour there exists unhealthy versions of that type as well

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No you’re not, responsibilities is a dreadful concept to many, but when you take responsibility for what you believe in and what express who you are it shows a great level of maturity, we have to keep in mind that even if our personality types are explained with a lot of glamour there exists unhealthy versions of that type as well
I agree et apparently according to Norbert Malet, autor writing on the Enneagramm, there can be healthy and unealthy 8s, like all other types. In my case, the 5s, even if they're the seeker of the Truth, they can have problems too.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,533 Posts
@Alea jacta est

WELCOME!

I am a Host on PerC and I am here to answer any questions or concerns you might have. Let me know if you need anything, I'll see what I can do. INTPs are rare and they are very cool. We're intellectual "cousins," of a sort, as I am an ENTP. We have similar functions, just in a different order. I have been to France. I have spent time in Toulon, Marseille, and Paris. I love the food and drink! I hope I get to visit again some day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@tanstaafl28

Thank you for the welcome!

I appreciate your offer and I will think about it.
I thank you for your general compliment.
Yes, we're both XNTXs, the "rational" temperament according to David Keirsey.
About the France, I visited Paris few times, it is a beautiful city in many places. Did you have good memories of your journey?
The french food and drink are interesting in my sense. Personally, I appreciate the buckwheat pancakes and the cider. And you, what are your favorite french meals?

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,533 Posts
@tanstaafl28

Thank you for the welcome!

I appreciate your offer and I will think about it.
I thank you for your general compliment.
Yes, we're both XNTXs, the "rational" temperament according to David Keirsey.
About the France, I visited Paris few times, it is a beautiful city in many places. Did you have good memories of your journey?
The french food and drink are interesting in my sense. Personally, I appreciate the buckwheat pancakes and the cider. And you, what are your favorite french meals?
I've been to Paris twice. Once back in the early 90s and then again around 2010. I found it a vibrant city with beautiful art and architecture. It was not the oldest place I have been, but I could FEEL the centuries that connected the people and buildings into something greater. I felt the same in Toulon and Marseille too.

I've enjoyed France on more than one occasion. I've found it to be an exuberant nation and my first trip there as a young 19 year-old sailor from the U.S. opened my eyes to the fact that I had lived a VERY sheltered life. Seeing a larger world changed my understanding of my place in it and humbled me greatly. I still believe a great deal of my fellow Americans are short-sighted and repressed. Europe opened my eyes to the idea that life is fuller and deeper than I realized, and should be celebrated with good people, good food, good drink, and great conversation. I love how Europeans in general make sitting down around a table an EVENT, no matter what the circumstances. It does happen in America, but it isn't quite the same as what I experienced over there. Something has been lost.

I also appreciate that Europeans in general do not seem to get so uptight about many things Americans are terribly conflicted about. Sex for one. Europeans do not make it such a taboo subject. They accept the human form and don't make a huge fuss about it. They also don't seem to need to worry so much about their young people drinking because they appear to be trained from a very young age to accept it as a regular part of everyday life instead of something to be kept from them and forbidden.

Probably Beef Bourguignon and Coq Au Vin. I'm a fan of red wines, particularly Cabernet Sauvignon. I tend to like a wine that is balanced. Not too dry, not too fruity. For me a nice cab has just a hint of the sweetness of the grapes with a nice dry finish.

Reactions: Alea jacta est

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate that you had good journeys, because it's important others keep good memories of you, and it seems it really touched you.
After, I think the Americans are an interesting people from which I could see, they're innovative for example.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts