Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have you guys ever experienced this? One of my ISTJ friends recently encountered this with a family friend. I know ISTJs have a more traditional view on marriage, but I also know that ISTJs (at least the ones I know IRL) don't like to be pressured into a decision they haven't thoroughly considered and committed to. Anyway, I was just wondering about your opinions on this or if anyone has encountered something similar, where they were pressured into something more than they were willing to. and if so , how you responded?

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Sure it's possible, but not probable. Feeling like someone is pressuring me into anything without giving me adequate time to think over the possibilities and consequences sets off all kinds of internal alarms and is a sure fire way to get me to dig in my heels in resistance.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sure it's possible, but not probable. Feeling like someone is pressuring me into anything without giving me adequate time to think over the possibilities and consequences sets off all kinds of internal alarms and is a sure fire way to get me to dig in my heels in resistance.
I agree. I can become very stubborn when I feel I'm being forced or pressured into anything.

Reactions: Sela, Rhee and niss

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
This.

Pressuring me would not be a pleasant experience. Be prepared for arguments and extreme resistance. If I shred your opinion to pieces with logic, then don't blame me.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm ridiculously stubborn in regards to being pressured into situations like this. I'm not going to be in a relationship with just any female off the street. People constantly nag me (they have in the past and still do today) if I've ever had a girlfriend. I say no. It's funny because I have been in pictures with girls and they are shocked when I say that I didn't date them. I see it as more of a professional thing. Of course, some people being immature (although I can be sometimes) about it think I'm gay. I find it very much an ISTJ thing to be stubborn about stuff like this.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Not a chance in a million years. If I don't like something I will tell you. If I don't like someone and I feel they need to know it, they will. If I don't want to marry someone, no one in the world could force me to do that. Marriage is a HUGE deal to me, its a life time commitment that I feel should be made the the utmost care and consideration.

A girl dated me (Notice how I worded that lol) once for a while. She was good company, but I had no interest in her. I told her that. Many time. But she figured I would eventually fold and reciprocate her feelings, so she always hung out with me, called me, talked to me, told me she loved me etc, and all along I was like "Look, I like you as a person, but there is no way in hell i'm going to fall in love with you or date you" -she eventually gave up.

I couldn't live with myself leading someone on. I couldn't live with myself if my relationship wasn't open to communication (If it was she would know I didn't like her) I would never get involved with someone I didn't connect to. And I can foresee all of that FARR before any of it becomes a problem.... I just don't see how I could possibly be in a "forced situation" like that.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
When someone tries to pressure me into anything I usually just become obnoxiously stubborn. In the past I had a friend who was pressuring me into dating a girl. I was in 8th grade. I did not want to date her and was really probably socially immature for my age. I eventually told him I would so he would leave me alone, but never actually dated the girl.

·
Banned
160 Posts
When people pressure me I feel used or played because I feel like they only want me to do what they want, rather than what I want. It really bothers me because it will catch me by surprise. I feel betrayed by others as if they only want me to help them get what they want. I don't like it one bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts