Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
I have a real lust for life. I crave adventure and new experiences, both inward and outward.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
Success. When I leave this world I want to be remebered for something big, something grand and amazing. I would hate dying a failure and being forgotten.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I try to avoid making mistakes, and doing anything that makes me look weak. I value loyalty, honesty, and being true to one's self.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Failure, and never realizing my full potentual. I also fear looking weak. I hate weakness in myself and I hate it even more if someone else see's it. I feel like I have so much to offer, so much potential and if I coast through life without making anything from it, I will feel like I've betrayed myself. Also, people will think "he never had it in him" or something like that, and that would hurt me as well.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to see my as powerful, condfident, laid back, sexual, passionate, desirable, deep ect. I see myself as laid back, intense, dreamy, passionate, like someone you'd want to have at your party.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I feel best when I am alone with my thoughts and feelings. I also enjoy playing guitar, writing, and public speaking. I feel my worst if I feel like I've somehow come up short.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
A. When I'm angry I will swear a lot, maybe punch a wall or something. If I feel like someone's wronged me, I will confront them then and there because I don't take any shit from people.
B. When I feel shame, I will isolate and try to block it out. Get my mind off it through escapism like alcohol, tv, sex, books ect. Then try to strike it from my mind and act like it never happened.
C. As for anxiety, I try not to act like I'm nervous, but normally I just freeze up. I allways try to push myself through it though.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
A. When I'm stressed, my mind may be spinning but I never let them see me sweat, I allways remain cool and calm, even if inside I'm shitting bricks.
B. Unexpected change hits me like a ton of bricks, like a shot straight to the heart. I become very emotional, and try to not think about, to block it out. I have a hard time coming to grips with it, and I often escape through the above mentioned methods. It takes me a long time to finally accept and grow from it.
C. As far as conlict goes, I don't like it, but I'm not afraid to throw down and duke it out. I've been known to stand up to people twice my size, and authority figures. Like I said, I don't take no shit off anyone.
9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
A.I have a strong distrust to authority, and hate being told what to do.
B. I have a strong desire for power, and to be seen as powerfull.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Life is short, so you might as well enjoy it while you're here. Every day is a precious gift and I try to savor every morsel of life I can. However, I allways seem to want more. More money, stronger connections, hotter women, greater challenges, more advanced knowledge. The grass is allways greener and I'm allways striving to advance myself to the next level.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
I almost died in a car accident in 2008. After that I went through 3 years of deep depression and despair. Before then I was kind of coasting through life, looking for the next party, the next high ect. After the event, I put more emphasis on the things I love, like my family, friends, ambitions. It taught me to perservere against all odds, to recognize my own inner strength and fire. It taught me to not take things for granted, and to take advantage of life every day.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I trust no one completely. Not even my parents and cloeset friends. Everyone will eventually let you down, and to trust completely is asking to be hurt. Anyone could turn on you, even your truest friends so it's wise to never let your guard down when it comes to trust.
13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
A. I'm pasionate, deep, intense, and live on the edge, at the world of extremes(although some view this as wreckless at times.) I'm open to new experiences, and I can relate to many walks of life and backgrounds. I'm creative and ambitious. I am very loving.
B. I hate how at times I'm pasive agressive(I'm really working on it though.) I also don't like how I'm very emotional at times, and that I don't have a lot of friends. I also hate looking ugly so I do my best to keep up my appearances. I also hate it when I take the easy way out or don't push myself out of my comfort zone as often as I should. I don't like it when I fall up short. Also, I hate that I am constantly doubting myself and lacking confidence, but I've been working alot on that too.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
Their warmth, their beauty and strength. I also see their flaws, their ugliness and their weaknesses. I know exaclty what to say to tear them to shreds, but I would much rather build them up and make them feel good about themselves.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
If a stranger insults me I would feel pissed as fuck at them and also hurt. More so pissed that they had the balls to outright insult me, and I'd wanna knock them straight in the jaw. If they complimented me, I would feel flattered and good about myself. I'd probably be like "I like that person!" I'd file that compliment away for when I feel down about myself.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
A. I'm thankfull I have had a pretty great life so far with a loving family and amazing friends. I feel like it's almost too good to be true at times, but I also know that there has been pain and darkness as well which has also helped me grow.
B. I wish I could have success and be recognized for my achievements. I want to be remembered for being an amazing person, for doing something great, for being the best person I could possibly have been.

Your thoughts, both good and bad are appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!!

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm definantly pretty introverted but I guess I can come off as extroverted in a sense. Thanks though.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
We spoke about this before, but here's my take:

Definitely id-first, so 3, 7, or 8. Hell, you might be triple-id in terms of tritype. Sometimes I wonder if you're not double-w8... But I think you said 7w6 for a head fix once.

My two tritype guesses:
3w4-7w8-9w8
3w4-7w6-8w9

Also, definitely sx-first.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We spoke about this before, but here's my take:

Definitely id-first, so 3, 7, or 8. Hell, you might be triple-id in terms of tritype. Sometimes I wonder if you're not double-w8... But I think you said 7w6 for a head fix once.

My two tritype guesses:
3w4-7w8-9w8
3w4-7w6-8w9

Also, definitely sx-first.
Tripple Id eh? Sounds dangerous. I will have to do some research on that one.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@KindOfBlue06
I think you're 3w4>8w7>6w7 Sx/So
alternatively I could see you with a 7 fix
PS: you sound like a really fun person IRL
Thanks man, that means alot. Also, I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to 3w4 7w6 9w1/9w8 Still not sure about that. sx/???

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Tripple Id eh? Sounds dangerous. I will have to do some research on that one.
Sorry, let me know if I said anything confusing. I tend to forget who knows what after a while :tongue:

Well, the "id" triad is pretty similar to the assertive triad found here. I'm not sure where the Freud article is on PerC. (Oh, here it is.)

Triple-id just means you don't have any of the other triads--compliant/superego or withdrawn/ego--influencing you (as much). Triples of any triad are relatively "rare" and are usually mistaken because their core type is in that triad. So your core-3 might be causing us to assume you're triple-id. However, I think double-id (37x or 38x) fits nicely.

Which is why my first guess is 379 for you.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Sorry, let me know if I said anything confusing. I tend to forget who knows what after a while :tongue:

Well, the "id" triad is pretty similar to the assertive triad found here. I'm not sure where the Freud article is on PerC. (Oh, here it is.)

Triple-id just means you don't have any of the other triads--compliant/superego or withdrawn/ego--influencing you (as much). Triples of any triad are relatively "rare" and are usually mistaken because their core type is in that triad. So your core-3 might be causing us to assume you're triple-id. However, I think double-id (37x or 38x) fits nicely.

Which is why my first guess is 379 for you.
I don't any 9 in him at all. he is aggressive and direct with conflict. perhaps he comes across as someone 9 because he's an INFP

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Swordsman of Mana I'm definantly not a sensor, although I can come off that way at times. Also, I hate conflict. Its messy and people's feelings get hurt(usually mine). But at the same time I'm not afraid to stand up for myself.

@Paradigm I will read the articles you left me when I get home from work and let you know what I think. Also, I think you're right about the 3-7-9. I have discussed this with the one person who knows me best, and she concluded I was 3 7 9.

I still have to read up on 8 and see what comes to mind, but I appreciate your help!

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
I don't any 9 in him at all. he is aggressive and direct with conflict. perhaps he comes across as someone 9 because he's an INFP
Well, we speak on chat pretty often. He has a habit of seeing both sides of an argument and being surprisingly diplomatic if the situation calls for it. I don't see the 8ish comfort of anger and "amorality," but I do see the 9ish sensitivity and "vision."

Not sure if he's 7w6 or 7w8, though I think that he falls back pretty heavily on 7's escapism either way. Too much for it simply to be 8w7, plus he has little of 8w7's "expansiveness" (so to me, if he's 8-fixed he's 8w9). It's a little like he has to prove to himself that he can handle what his 9 fix tells him he can't... Or at least, that's what I've observed.
EDIT: Actually, he does "expand" in chat, though it's much more in a 7's playful way than an 8's territorial way.

I'm aware this sounds like little more than "it's the vibe." Bad verbalization skills some days -_-

1 - 17 of 17 Posts