Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to this chart, 7's pride is "I am nice". Okay, I admit, I don't get it. At all. I know many 7s want to be nice (?) but apparently, I'm not one of them.

In fact, I'm really surprised when people tell me that I'm nice. Huh? I'm a self-centered, insensitive hedonist who doesn't give a shit about morality (I have integrity, though, and I don't feel evil, just flawed). I'm not openly hostile, or rude just for the sake of it, but nice is definitely not a word I'd use to describe myself, much less a pride. I mean, I'm proud of being independent, knowledgeable, creative, but nice? Come on.

Or maybe you all can relate to this niceness, and I am a miserable, mistyped misfit? Do tell.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
People consider me kind or nice. Tbh I think i can be a total dick too. I think I've just learned to keep things to myself, bite my tongue, and move on from people that irritate me or piss me off. I just try not to let people get me down at all costs. That's just me though.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
There's a thread on EIDB here about it. Most people don't agree with most of the phrases, IIRC :p

Yeah, I'd say 7s aren't particularly "nice," as a rule. Either they're using some subjective concept of the word, or they're wrong. Given how boiled down this list is, I'd go with them being wrong.
EDIT: However, I can see a 7 with a 9 and/or 2 fix easily being described as nice, but even then you're playing odds and not really describing 7's core.

Personally, I get tired with seeing 6 being equated to "loyalty" all the time... *sigh*

·
Registered
124 Posts
Most of the time, if people stay out of my way and dont waste my time, I am! I think I am nice but I have to be aware of being nice. I find that when I have the time, like formulating responses when writing, I prefer being nice. In real time I have a tendency to either speak too plainly or I am dismissive of things I don't think matter. I guess I'm nice if it doesn't take anything from me to be nice.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Being "nice" is definitely not part of my self-image, no. I'd say my sentiments are honestly closer to that of @aconite.

That said, I am proud of just sort of accepting people as they are, not judging them or imposing something on them, not pushing them away because the world perceives them as "weird" or "undesirable". Most people aren't like this, and people assure me that I'm this way because that's my form of "niceness".

If that's what being nice is, then I am proud of it.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
According to this chart, 7's pride is "I am nice". Okay, I admit, I don't get it. At all. I know many 7s want to be nice (?) but apparently, I'm not one of them.

In fact, I'm really surprised when people tell me that I'm nice. Huh? I'm a self-centered, insensitive hedonist who doesn't give a shit about morality (I have integrity, though, and I don't feel evil, just flawed). I'm not openly hostile, or rude just for the sake of it, but nice is definitely not a word I'd use to describe myself, much less a pride. I mean, I'm proud of being independent, knowledgeable, creative, but nice? Come on.

Or maybe you all can relate to this niceness, and I am a miserable, mistyped misfit? Do tell.
LOL who came up with this BS?
I'm sure being nice is the first thing on the mind of most 7s

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still believe I should be changed to "I am badass", at least for 7w8 ;)

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
ROFL... nice thread idea. I'd say I'm chill, and if someone else is chill and not super sensitive, we'll get along fine. However, charming and likable doesn't equal nice, though I'll definitely back you up and help you out if I consider you a friend (if it's within reason, of course: there's a lot I'll do if you're in with me, but I'm not going to let people use me).

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
I still believe I should be changed to "I am badass", at least for 7w8 ;)

7s are nice, they just don't know it. Everyone is in on it, but themselves >3 (imo mostly just external appearences <.<...the only other 7w8 sx I know in real life is someone I tend to avoid...that fucking psychopath)

Think

he seems nice >) but is he!? Muhahah!!! <.< I think you get it, do you?

·
Registered
804 Posts
There's a different version ("I am OK" instead of "I am nice") here:

Maladaptive Cognitive Schema: When SEVENS exaggerate their joyful qualities, they over-identify with the idealized self image of I am O.K. To compensate for a maladaptive belief that their options are limited and they are on the verge of being bored or depressed, they overindulge the pleasure principle, seeking to maximize enjoyment and minimize pain. They dislike having their options limited by the reality principle that says they must accommodate to what is and occasionally do what they have to do vs only doing what they want to do. They become compulsively optimistic, seeing the world through rose-colored glasses. They become addicted to highs and only want to have good experiences. By staying up, SEVENS try to avoid every feeling down.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, yes the 7w8s will have more trouble with this label than 7w6s :D. That's a weird chart though.. helpful and nice are pretty synonymous, we look like 2s
Yeah... I have a feeling that some people think that 7 is a lot like 2, but with alcohol instead of martyrdom ;)

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
- I dislike anyone who places expectation on me
- I dislike emotionally clingy people
- 2s have this delusion that if you are dependent on them, you will love them. this is NOT the way to get a core Id type to love you. if you want a core Id type to love you, give them space and accept them without placing expectation on them and definitely don't try to gain leverage over them. this will make them hate you

btw, is that Maria Callas in your avatar?
yup! :laughing:

·
Registered
597 Posts

I dont relate to "niceness" at all, but also not at 784 description that they pride themselves on being misunderstood.
Real truth is, that I dont give a damn. I do respect predictable, normal, practical interests of people: but if someones interest is for example to dont get narcist injury ever (despite asshole behaving), its not my problem. And counterparty could feel free to keep his/her opinion to himself/herself:tongue:.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts