Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would you type the main characters?
I'm thinking:
Ashitaka- ENFJ
Mononoke- INTP?
Lady Eboshi- ENTJ
Jugo- ENTP?
Moro- INTJ

But being fairly honest I'm really just guessing here. What do you think?

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
I agree with ENTJ for Lady Eboshi.

Ashitaka - INFP
San/Mononoke - I'm not sure but I think she is an Se-user. I'm inclined towards ISFP, but I am not settled on that. I think she leads with a judging function.

I'd need to rewatch to type anyone else.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Mononoke : ISFP
Lady Eboshi : ENTJ
Ashitaka : Maybe INFJ ?

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
But don't you think Ashitaka's strong sense of duty and doing the right thing is very J? Thanks for replyig btw, great help!
Ps can have a strong sense of duty (as long as it doesn't require them to violate a more deeply held value) and most FPs care very much about doing the "right" thing. In fact moral rightness is the most important thing to many FPs when it comes to decision-making. But anyway I go by cognitive functions rather than dichotomies.

How is he determining the right thing to do? Is it coming from what others around him feel is right or what he feels is right? I think it is the latter, in which case he is likely an Fi-dom. Note that he is private with emotions, keeping them to himself unless his wound brings it out...and when that happens it usually drives him to decisive Te action, but Te is clearly a lower function, he doesn't try to take charge wherever he goes. He never talks about how he feels when he is banished and he shows his feelings through action.

·
Registered
ISFP
3,109 Posts
I don't see INTP for the wolf princess at all. My impression was that her thinking function was very low in her stack. She is very aggressive and blunt with her words. She has her own borderline unshakable set of ideals and values (Fi), but she struggles to express them as the function she uses for such action (Te) is so low in her stack.

I want to say ISFP as I didn't see any use of Ne during the occasions we get to see Mononoke. You could make an argument for Si, but from my perspective she shows a lot of Ni-Se. She has one vision and that is it, she deals with whatever comes in the moment and never stop to consider other possibilities. Having Ni as a tertiary function, her vision is merely fueled by her values and ideals.

As for Se, well, I am not going to say she uses Se because she is always try to attack and hurt others (although it is somewhat of a fair argument). Rather, I say she has auxiliary Se because of how aware she is of her surroundings and I don't mean that only in the physical, concrete sense of "surroundings". She is just more... alert than I would expect Ne users to be.

I don't know about Ashitaka. He seems like Fi, too, but a Fi from a different kind. He at least stops to listen to other people's perspectives (something Fi-doms might struggle with sometimes), though he never attempts to hide when contrasting perspectives bother him in an emotional level. Ex: Eboshi telling him of her plans of killing the forest beings - He was so pissed off that he almost couldn't control his cursed arm; That kind of raw reaction seems Fi to me. The difference between Mononoke and Ashitaka is that Ashitaka has better control of Fi. Maybe it is means his Fi is in a lower position, or it is just a reflection of their vastly different backgrounds (a girl raised by wolves, a boy raised to be a prince).

·
Registered
759 Posts
@Fohra Just finished rewatching so here's my input:

Generally as a rule when I type based on my limited perception of the archtypes then I look at the functions, in a lot of anime the main character seems to be an NF and Ash is no exception. His interactions with the rest of the cast and his ability to see both sides as well as his magnetism is something I often see in other INFJ. His Fe isn't that strong but that is often the case with male INFJ, he could be an ISTP but my first guess is INFJ.

My first thought with Eboshi was ENTJ which seems to be the general consensus.

The thing with San is she has been raised by Wolves and abandoned by other humans so she grown up in a different environment from other humans leading to her disapproval of other humans but as the story progresses she warms up to them. Some people seem to lean towards ISFP but I don't see it, I'm leaning towards ENFJ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts