Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I was wondering how you relate to writing about feelings. I can write freely and creatively about almost any topic, but when it comes to my own feelings it just does not work. I can't even start. Feelings are definitely there, but I just can't put them into words, since it's more like an aura that I can't describe.

How good are you at writing?

What do you like to write about?

How do you relate to writing about feelings?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Writing about feelings are ... Difficult indeed; It's such an abstract concept; And I view them in such a romanticized light that there does not seem to be enough words to describe them.

I'm quite good at writing and I recall writing a short-novel (3 pages) about "bankrobbing"; From the bankrobbers point; In which I wanted to make the reader feel sorry for them. So I took a rather simple and.. "fun" concept, two kids who's been playing two much games that decide to rob a jewelry store. (Clearly Payday inspired) in which they actually end up killing people, and the main character then becomes detached from the whole situation; Since people died he nolonger wants to be a part of it. He ends up killing his own friend and then later, dies himself.

Quite tragic, it was fun to write and is the only thing i've written that in which I'm proud of.

I don't write much. Mostly because I have trouble actually starting; And organising it.

And yeah, not "Bank" robbing, more.. jewelry store robbing..

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I would agree to an extent. Though I can write it all out well, when I look back at it I wonder why i wrote it.. at the time I wrote it. I feel like that it wasn't true enough. Like it could have been just me excessively and superficially trying to exude something that in actuality, was not there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts