Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my ENFPs and your awesomeness!!

just wanted to know if you guys have problems with your thought process and what you see on your screen. I mean i'm the queen of grammar mistakes if i don't actively watch for it, i say everything that i type in my head and often my thoughts don't stay on a linear thought process for too long so it makes it hard to type something the grammatically correct and coherent right off the bat. does that make sense>

ex) while everything sounds great in my head, when i'm done typing i find that I've typed some words twice, neglected to add others, lotta grammar mistakes, ect. This often happens especially when i have to stop and regroup my next thought that i want to add to whatever i'm typing.

Sometimes i click the preview post and i'm like WTF, i was thinking a grammatically correct sentence, yet i typed a few words that were not in the right place, ect.

weird? or can other ENFP relate?

P.S. Thank god for spell check!!!!
and i know there are a bunch of grammar mistake in this post, meh:blushed:

·
Registered
133 Posts
ok well i know what u mean n me n my english teachers go at it with this all the time because they say im such a great writter but i just have so many grammer and spelling mistakes and i would say m0ore but right now its 5:43 am and im trying to read multiple intersting post aboput us ENFP's while soul searching and trying to figure oUt wat i want to be in life or how i can do everything with then well i give my self till 80 or less so yeh 70 something years i have left n now i just 4got wat i was typing some yeh im just gunna say now i wanna be an astonuant or however u spell that too n im so confussed with life n yeh there it goes my brain just fell asleep n my hand is cramping OWWW!:angry: :bored::proud::laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I have that problem more often in real life. I usually revise my posts and try to make them as eloquent as possible without spending a fuck-ton of time.
But in real life...I swear to teh gods of grammar...
Well, I just have a problem speaking in coherent sentences or finding the right words to use.
I must sound like a dumb ass as I can't even speak. I have ideas in my head, but I can't get them across in words. I listen to myself speak, and things just never come out as I plan them to or as I imagine they will. It's amazing...

Reactions: bubbly00

·
Registered
133 Posts
yup i just looked outside n the sun came up n im going to be sleeping 4 a long time good night people :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I really really really... really can't spell anything, I once forgot how to spell "gym" :crying:
But with several revisions and a spell checker I can write good stuff it's just maintaining attention which I'm sure some of you ENFPs may struggle with :tongue:

It's our wondering minds that gets us.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep, I do have the same problems in social settings as well, but its gotten better....i think. Sometimes i have so much to say...and i cant find the right words to get any of it out.....it quiet frustrating:frustrating:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
To be honest, I don't really have much of a problem with typing or talking coherently. Then again, English has always been one of my best subjects in school and as such, so things like grammar and spelling are kind of easy for me.

My only main problem with talking is that sometimes I'll jump from one subject to something entirely different and unrelated within a few sentences. Aside the occasional non sequitur, though, I'm good at making my thoughts seem more organized than they really are. That's also mainly something that only comes up in conversation and talking because it's an easy thing to fix when you can actually see it like when you're typing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I know what you mean about not being able to spell, but I chalk it up to the fact that we were all taught to read by phonetics- unless you are over 40- and English is not really a phonetic language. I am very good with grammar and have taken pains to become a better speller. I have studied foreign languages, including Ancient Greek which really helped my English. Also, I took a grammar class in high school which was one of the smartest things I ever did, boring but useful. NEVER trust microsoft word for grammar. It would have us all writing in the passive voice all the time!

As far as organizing your thoughts, as an ENFP my mind naturally wonders and takes tangents, that are great thoughts but maybe don't flow with what I am writing at that point, i.e. I didn't actually finish that last thought :)
So what I do when I find I have gone on a tangent is stop, go back the the last sentence I had that was making a point about what I had to say, hit enter a few times so I can hang on the that tangent thought (cuz it was a good one) and finish my previous thought. Then I go back to my tangent when it works within the overall thoughts I am trying to convey.

I find this a good way to write, especially for academic papers where your goal is to present an idea, and logically support this idea.

Last, because we ENFP's are good with spoken language try, after you have written something, if you have the time walk away and come back 10 or so minutes later if not, do this right away,read it out loud. You will often catch grammatical errors when you read something out loud as grammar and punctuation are there to help with the flow of thought and clarify, things that will be obvious when read out loud.

Good Luck!

Reactions: crzysttchr

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I haven't really had problems with this. I have always had an avid interest in English and writing, though when I was younger, I had a huge problem with run-on sentences.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I haven't really had problems with this. I have always had an avid interest in English and writing, though when I was younger, I had a huge problem with run-on sentences.
Me too on all accounts. Heck I studied English Lit in uni, edited for a magazine, and taught English as a second language. Those were all great forms of practice for improving how I wrote.

That said, my internal editor might be a bit much. Like, if I don't tell myself to relax, my instant messaging convos come out a bit too stiff and complex. That, and I'm horrible when it comes to writing with a time limit. I'm waay too easily distracted by my own wording.

Reactions: WMDistraction

·
Registered
603 Posts
I am partly coherent simply because I've studied English so long, wanting to become a writer. However, I write contorted sentences all the time and I have a huge weakness with writing long pieces of prose.

I need to create a 3 sentence novel.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I am partly coherent simply because I've studied English so long, wanting to become a writer. However, I write contorted sentences all the time and I have a huge weakness with writing long pieces of prose.

I need to create a 3 sentence novel.
Bah, trust me. The novel is not a form designed for ENFPs. What you want is a short story, or a short short story, or a short short short story, or a.... Just focus on the poetry already!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Bah, trust me. The novel is not a form designed for ENFPs. What you want is a short story, or a short short story, or a short short short story, or a.... Just focus on the poetry already!
It's the same thing for me. I have so many ideas for novels, but I know that they'd be much better done--by me, anyway--in the form of a poem or condensed prose of some sort.

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
hi my ENFPs and your awesomeness!!

just wanted to know if you guys have problems with your thought process and what you see on your screen. I mean i'm the queen of grammar mistakes if i don't actively watch for it, i say everything that i type in my head and often my thoughts don't stay on a linear thought process for too long so it makes it hard to type something the grammatically correct and coherent right off the bat. does that make sense>

ex) while everything sounds great in my head, when i'm done typing i find that I've typed some words twice, neglected to add others, lotta grammar mistakes, ect. This often happens especially when i have to stop and regroup my next thought that i want to add to whatever i'm typing.

Sometimes i click the preview post and i'm like WTF, i was thinking a grammatically correct sentence, yet i typed a few words that were not in the right place, ect.

weird? or can other ENFP relate?

P.S. Thank god for spell check!!!!
and i know there are a bunch of grammar mistake in this post, meh:blushed:
My sistah, you are preaching to the choir! I have the same issues!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts