Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

How do you stop procrastination? Apart from a deadline?

Even a deadline can't stop me now.

Give me all the suggestions and sob stories you want. I won't mind.

Have fun,

- Juana

Reactions: ENFPurpleKitti

·
Registered
755 Posts
LifeRPG app rewards you with experience points for completing tasks so it's more fun.

Procrastination has a lot to do with distractions, possibly stemming from a reluctance to do the task. When that happens, try to objectively evaluate what makes this task uncomfortable, then try to define why it's important to complete it. Try to also identify what is fun/ pleasurable about it, and how to make it fun/ pleasurable. Eliminate distractions. Might also need to enlist in an accountability partner.

If it's big/ long/ complex/ overwhelming, try to break it down into parts. Try the Pomodoro technique and set a 30 minute timer (like that LifeRPG app I mentioned) and do as much as you can, take a break, go at it again. If you can delegate, do that.

·
Registered
25,861 Posts
I remember that shoddy oath I made; and after dismissing for a few more hours/days, I begrudgingly get my lazy ass up and do whatever needs to be done. With 60% effort. I lie. It's more like ninety.

·
Registered
755 Posts
@BenevolentBitterBleeding Actually that... is a good idea. If it's not something so important that you would cause problems by not finishing, you *could* legitimately half-ass it. And you could go back later with less pressure and tweak it up.

If it's like, a deadline for a paying job, obviously don't do it. But I usually half-ass cleaning the bathroom, for instance, if I'm low on energy, then get the rest of the details later that day.

·
Registered
25,861 Posts
But I usually half-ass cleaning the bathroom, for instance, if I'm low on energy, then get the rest of the details later that day.
Ew. Remind me never to live with you. :crazy:

·
Registered
755 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts