Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What system(s)/tools do you use to figuring out objectives (career.health wealth etc) and completing them?

I'm in a rut. I need a five year plan. It's daunting me. I don't know where to start but I do know I need to. I need clarity and action.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
That's a very vague post. I'm not sure how to help you. My path has always been very clear to me. One thing that might help your fellow INTJs help you is if you were to be a little more specific about your situation. My advice would be different for an 18-year old than for an 58-year old.

·
Banned
212 Posts
Simple method: List everything that you like or are interested in and do a bubble sort. Pick the topmost item - that's your goal.

·
Registered
255 Posts
As Filo mentioned your post if vague. For example you ask for clarity and action, but if your purpose or general knowledge of self is unclear then your action could be directionless and ineffectual. Are you looking for a)meaning or self-knowledge or b) You know vaguely what you want and need something along the lines of time management techniques etc?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I found Seven Habits of Highly Effective People to be a useful tool when I first started contemplating my long range goals. Journaling is the most valuable tool I have now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Journaling is the most valuable tool I have now.
Mine too.
In fact, writing as such has proved very helpful to me, because the structure between my thoughts becomes more apparent/reinforced and the shy ones at the back are brought forth, as well.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I know who I am. However, I am feeling a bit bogged down at the moment which in my case means that I need to optimize ALL of my actions. So, I'd like to start this process by getting a grasp on my ideas, goals and other important tasks then translating them all to actionable items.

In the past, I've used mindmaps (Freemind). But, I can't find the master mindmap I did (I do them yearly or so)to edit it. I want a system that's software based and easy to manage across devices but not solely webbed based.

I was looking into the GTD method. It seems really customizable. I've downloaded Evernote and have been tinkering with it all morning.

It's really lifestyle hackin!

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
What system(s)/tools do you use to figuring out objectives (career.health wealth etc) and completing them?

I'm in a rut. I need a five year plan. It's daunting me. I don't know where to start but I do know I need to. I need clarity and action.
You´re having a typical INTJ problem: You know you have a goal, but you don't know how to get there. That's the most stressful thing for an INTJ.

As long as you can't see how you get from A to Z, you will never start. So your first goal is to figure that out. But in order to figure that out you first need to have goals and it looks like you don't even have those very well defined yet.

The easiest way is to set relatively simple goals. In stead of a 5 year goal, set a 1 year goal and figure out how to get from A to Z on that. It's much more easy than a 5 year goal. Once you achieve that goal, you will have learned how this works. (Learning starts with learning how to learn.) Then you can set a more year goal and before you know it, you´re 5 years further and achieved more than you ever could with a single 5 year plan.

·
Registered
803 Posts
as far as productivity tools, leechblock ain't bad.
I drink gallons of coffee.

goals - just cover expenses and stay afloat at the moment without coming apart at the seams. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts