Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
My conversation skills improved when I realized that practically everyone's favorite topic is him or her self. If you are shy or self-conscious, keep the conversation off of yourself by asking them questions about what they are up to (nothing too personal). Then make lots of eye contact and ask follow up questions. You don't actually have to talk much at all, but when I started doing this I was shocked that I quickly got a reputation as a great conversationalist.

Oh yeah, important tip: this works with most people, but its easier to start out with an Extrovert. ENFx and ENTX types are especially good because they like to talk about ideas, so you won't get too bored. Your only problem will be getting the conversation to ever end.

By the way, this also works to show someone you are romantically interested; just keep it up longer and tell them how great they are a lot.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.