Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Design Project Interview: Are you Vegetarian or Vegan?

Hi guys, I have a design project that is due in the next couple of days and I really need your help if you are a vegetarian or vegan.

My design objective is to design a world where everyone is a vegetarian. If you could answer the list of questions below, I would really appreciate it =)

Questions:
1) Did you choose to be vegetarian? (Were you raised to be vegetarian?)
2) If you chose to be vegetarian, why?
3) Compared to a non-vegetarian, how would you describe your weight?
3) Compared to a non-vegetarian, how would you describe your health?
4) Do you have any health complications because of this lifestyle?
5) Do you enjoy the country or city life?
6) Do you like technology?
7) How would you describe your relationships with nature?
8) How would you describe your relationship with animals?
9) How do you 'feel' about non-vegetarians?
10) What is life like when you're with other vegetarians/vegans?

Thanks again guys ~! The faster I can these questions answered, the better~! Thanks :laughing:

PS: I will be checking this post often to see responses @[email protected]

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
1 - 4) I am an omnivore.
5) I've spent my life in either suburbs or cities, but rural living might be nice.
6) Mostly.
7) I keep a respectable distance.
8) I eat them.
9) We're okay.
10) n/a

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks zwanglos for your response.. but I guess I wasn't clear, I kind of need vegetarians to answer. Mhh.. I thought for sure most INFJ's would be vegetarians because of our high level of empathy or whatver.

In any case, I'm going to post up my work process to encourage people to answer the questionnaire above to help me design a better world for vegetarians @[email protected];

So here it is.. midnight in California.. I'm at my desk sketching away.

Research wall:

Environmental Thumbnails Sketches:

Anyways, help an artist out. All my thanks <3

Reactions: nikkii and Selene

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Nice sketches!

1) Chose to be vegetarian. Rest of family is omnivorous.
2) Animal welfare ethics. Factory farming. Environmental impact. All that jazz.
3) Underweight, but I was that way before I became vegetarian. I haven't lost any weight though.
3) Very good. My cholesterol is hovering around 130 and my BP is better than it was before. If I exercised more and didn't skip meals, I'd be a really fit vegan.
4) Not that I know of.
5) Both.
6) Yes, but I enjoy being away from it too.
7) It could be better. I spend a lot of time at my computer.
8) I get along really well with animals. They probably get tired of me petting them though.
9) Omnivores...I have repressed anger toward them. They're everywhere and everyone though, so it's pointless to be angry. I would only have a handful of friends, and then I'd be cursing the rest of the world. I don't want to live like that.
10) Not very different than usual. Because of #9, I've kind of dissociated myself from my veg'n identity and tried not to make it into a big deal.

·
Banned
359 Posts
Hi guys, I have a design project that is due in the next couple of days and I really need your help if you are a vegetarian or vegan.

My design objective is to design a world where everyone is a vegetarian. If you could answer the list of questions below, I would really appreciate it =)

Questions:

Thanks again guys ~! The faster I can these questions answered, the better~! Thanks :laughing:

1. I choose to be a vegetarian.

2. It was an incident when i was 5 or 6 . I saw killing the animal for non- veg food. I never ate non-veg thereafter.

3. Weight is pretty balanced. Not an issue.

3. Its good. I hear that there are less proteins in Veg. But there are protein rich veg foods like beans etc.

4. Absolutely No. I am on a veg diet for years.
In fact i never care about my health and push it to limits like eat whatever crazy stuff and doing unhealthy stuff like being awake multiple nights. Still i never got sick in years. So i would say its robust.

5. I enjoy peaceful surroundings, and prefer to be outside the city close to nature.

6. Yeah , very much. Its my subject.

7. I often noticed that i have more better relationship with nature.
I like trees and natural surroundings a lot, without them it gets creepy.

8. Very good. I loved my dog a lot.

9. I dont discriminate. Everybody has right to live their ways so I respect everyone's choices.
I never bring that issue in relationships. My best friend is a Non-Vegetarian.

10. I never care about this issue. In most of the cases i am not aware of whether the person is veg or non-veg.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just so you know I'm either an INFP or INFJ, in case that might affect your project. I'm just amazed by how much work it looks like you've done.

1). I chose to be a vegan, I was raised in an omnivore household. It took me awhile to get them to accept my ways though.

2). I don't know why I necessarily began, but it started with me eating healthier and that led me to cut out things from my diet. Leading me to cut out first meat and then animal products. I did have the animals in mind before but it wasn't my main reason, although now it is.

3). Honestly when it comes to weight, I'm still not as low as compared to some omnivores. But then again I have always had a slower metabolism.

3). In the health department I have greatly improved. And I know that my health is better than many omnivores. I know because before my health sucked as an omnivore, also my families health is horrible compared to mine. It's a lot harder for me to get sick.

4). No health complications, well to me anyways. I'm sure that a doctor might tell me that my calcium and iron is lower, but than again omnivores have issues of too high iron and cholesterol, soo...

5). Between city and country I can take both. Both have their ups and downs, and honestly I'm most content when I find the perfect balance of both.

6). I like technology to a certain extent. I don't like too much because I also like a naturalistic approach at times. So I find that it's not good to indulge in technology, but I'm not sure how I'd take life without it either.

7). I love nature and I hope it loves me, although I know that it doesn't love my bicycle's tires. But I really enjoy nature, and I know that without it I would become quite depressed.

8). I love animals and they don't seem to have a problem with me. I'm actually more affectionate with animals than with humans, and possibly more sympathetic but that is debatable. And I will say that ever since I became a vegetarian/vegan that I have been a lot closer to them.

9). Honestly I try to be open minded; I'm aware that some things don't work for people and that people have the right to do as they wish. However I will not lie that it does affect my perspective on a person. For one I tend to grow fonder of a person if they are a vegetarian and if they're not than it will bother me a bit, especially when they eat in front of me or talk of it too much.

10). My life with omnivores are fine, and I only know one other veggie so it's hard to tell.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh no, it doesn't matter if you are or aren't an INFJ. Anyone who is a vegetarian is invited to answer the questionnaire, thanks!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's okay everyone who can't help =) I actually have enough people who answered to make this work. So thanks everyone who helped!

Gosh I'm so tired right now. I've been sketching for 15 hours today.

Here are the thumbnails from the research so far... for a Vegetarian world, ideas for both a Utopian and Distopian world:

I have 8 final thumbnails that I like. I need to decide on 1 world to paint digitally :laughing:

I'll be sure to post up the final painting when it's done. Thanks to everyone who helped ~!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, this homework assignment is done for now... I have to work on 4 more classes.. and I've only managed to finish 2 class homework assignments LOL Go figure...

Anyways, to my vegetarian friends... I hope you like the world I built for you :wink: Sorry to say, I chose the Distopian world lol:

^--- Your city is strapped on a giant sea turtle's back (who by the way is your god =D ), all the towers are rusted steel from the centuries of travel =)

Okay, I have to print this assignment out and continue on my next design project. Wish I had more time to work on this, perhaps during break. Anyways, enjoy~! Thanks again for answering the questionnaire :happy:

We'll see what my teacher says.. he might hate my idea HAHA -_-;

Reactions: Selene and vel

·
Registered
782 Posts

Questions:

I'm not INFJ, but I am vegetarian:crazy:
1. Yes I chose, no I was not raised to be vegetarian.
2. I love animals too much to eat them and consider them to be on an equal footing with humans. I get my protein and iron from beans and my omega-3 from walnuts. I get B12 from milk and eggs[im ovo-lacto], so no health concerns there. if anything, im better off now.
3. I weigh the SAME as before I turned vegetarian. I just get to eat more now XD
4. Nope, just when going out to restaurants it's kind of annoying since you can't find food sometimes. I'd advise anyone who's considering going veggie..IF YOU'RE A BEANOPHOBE, DON'T DO IT. my friend who went veggie did not eat beans, turned sick, and went back to meat.
5.City life.
6. absolutely.
7.not sure, but I am an earth science major and I enjoy nature.
8. not sure, I have no pets
9. I think [this is my personal bias, it IS meant to be offensive] that they think humans are better than other animals and they have been raised to enjoy the taste of dead flesh. I also dislike the fact that they don't think about what they are eating.
10. I feel a sense of common understanding and attitudes.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Yes, it was a conscious decision. I have been a vegetarian for about three years (now 37), one year of that as a vegan.

Ethical treatment of animals and a dislike at the way they are treated as mere products. I want to do as little harm as possible, wile still allowing myself to exist.

I weight approximately the same as before, though I lost quite a bit in the beginning.

I feel quite healthy, though I no longer exercise. I do not think that being a vegan has in any way compromised my health.

Nope.

I like both. I grew up in the country, but fostered an early love for the city. Now that I am older, I am again attracted to life in the country.

About the only technology I enjoy is the internet and certain gadgets associated with it. But this only for very limited reasons.

Quite good.

I have always gotten along quite well with animals, especially cats, even before I was a vegan. I do not think that this has changed much.

For me veganism is a personal choice, and I do not expect others to adopt it until, and if, they are ready to do so. Do I think it would be a better world if everyone were vegan or vegetarian? Yes, without a doubt. Maybe in your dystopian world we can force vegetarianism on everyone...;)

I generally enjoy the company of other vegans, and may even bond with them a bit more easily than non. But then I am not terribly social, so even this is limited.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
uestions:
1) Did you choose to be vegetarian? (Were you raised to be vegetarian?) yes but i wasnt raised as one
2) If you chose to be vegetarian, why? I dont like the taste of meat I realy get the feeling of it being dead animal flesh
3) Compared to a non-vegetarian, how would you describe your weight? Im a UK dress size 10 my weight is healthy
3) Compared to a non-vegetarian, how would you describe your health? ok average
4) Do you have any health complications because of this lifestyle? no
5) Do you enjoy the country or city life? both
6) Do you like technology? yes
7) How would you describe your relationships with nature? I love, respect and apreciate nature, nothing heals my like a walk in the woods
8) How would you describe your relationship with animals? Im a vet, I make them better when they are sick :happy:
9) How do you 'feel' about non-vegetarians? i love them
10) What is life like when you're with other vegetarians/vegans? Good but a bit anoying when you go out for a meal and the choice is very limated

i hope that helps

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Questions:
1) Did you choose to be vegetarian? (Were you raised to be vegetarian?) Chose to be vegetarian. My family are omnivores. I'm borderline vegan most days.
2) If you chose to be vegetarian, why? To be healthier, and I believe it's wrong and immoral to eat animals nor is it necessary.
3) Compared to a non-vegetarian, how would you describe your weight? I actually weight a bit more now than when I ate meat, but that's because I cannot resist vegan goodies or snacks very well. Too delicious.
3) Compared to a non-vegetarian, how would you describe your health? I'm pretty healthy I'd say.
4) Do you have any health complications because of this lifestyle? Nope.Always been sort of anemic.
5) Do you enjoy the country or city life? Both. It depends.
6) Do you like technology? I do.
7) How would you describe your relationships with nature? I heart it.
8) How would you describe your relationship with animals? Loveeee. Getting a dog soon. <3
9) How do you 'feel' about non-vegetarians? They're alright people.
10) What is life like when you're with other vegetarians/vegans? It's a relief. I have so much fun discussing recipes or stores/restaurants I found with them. And it's so nice not to have people look down on me or make fun of me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Chose to be vegetarian at the age of 13. Been eversince, most of the time vegan.
My parents grows cows for milk and sometimes meat too ... So I was not from vegetarian backround.

I think killing is wrong and I think we all are responsible for our actions. I don't think I (or anyone else) am so much worthy that I could kill and animal and eat it's flesh, just for fun, since I can live completely healthily without it (for 8 years now). Then the other reason is ecological, lots of forests are cut down because growing meat takes so much resources. That's probably worse than killing the animals themselves, because destroying our planet causes largescale problems...

Well, I was all my childhood time very seriously underweighted, so I'm a bit special case. I had some eating disorders. And I was not vegetarian back then. After becoming vegetarian I gradually got some appetite and been able to eat well after that... I'm pretty skinny still, but in healthy limits and strong enough.

I don't have any specific health problems at the moment and as mentioned on the last question, vegetarianism has given me an appetite and I can eat healthily... I used to be very sickly child, so compared to that I'm surely healthier now.

No. And then again, main problem diet can cause is malnutrition and lack of vitamins etc. and if you don't get those, it's not because of being vegetarian but because of not eating enough at all (or eating too much!) or not eating enough certain kinds of food.

I've always lived on country, and I like it much more. I love peace and forests. Cities are not for me.

Many inventions are useful, and many are not.
I don't like overly technological lifestyle because I don't think it's sustainable. Mainly I like things that makes us live longer and healthier. Internet is also great for finding information etc.
But I think I could live without technology and I could enjoy it. I think maybe in the future we even have to if the environment and economics collapses. So preserving old knowledge is essential.

I feel great feelings in nature. I am part of it. There is peace. I feel connection to old civilizations that lived on the forests... Indians and all.

I think they are all living beings who desire happiness. I am probably more intelligent than them, but still I'm one of them. We are sisters and brothers. Some are just children, some teenagers, some grown ups. Family.

Meat-eaters generally eats meat because they thinks it tastes good or because they thinks it's necessary for health. So it's about having not even given it much thought or having wrong information or thinking it's not important. (then again some thinks it's their natural diet etc etc. I won't come to say anything for those people. It's their choice).
I think for 40 years old it can be hard to switch from meatdiet to vegetarian, because body is so used to meat (I know many people who has wanted to switch but not managed)... But for young people, I don't really believe so, as long as their diets has enough variety (and that's easy to ensure).

But maybe I went bit far form the question, real answer is: I feel that they are just human beings.
I don't act differently towards someone because he/she is meateater. I treat them completely same as vegans.

Normal life.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts