Votes: 3 2.5%
  • ESFP: ALMOST NEVER

Votes: 1 0.8%
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Banned
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How often do you run late to school, work, appointments, etc...? What would those close to you say about your reputation for being on time?

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with being Introverted or Extroverted; Perceiving or Judging?

I'm an INTJ and I'm usually late to my first appointment of the day, no matter what it is, even work. I also always run late when I have to meet up with someone to go eat, to a show, etc... I'm a procrastinator so I know that adds to the problem.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Late to what? I'm never late even if I get there +30min. It really depends what it is about. Being late for a family dinner at the parents is normal. I'm 5-20 minutes "late" to work every single day because noone actually gives a damn about it, which means I'm "on time" every day.
When I invite people I can say be there @21 which means anywhere between 20:25-21:20 due to language. If someone drops in 22:00? Why should I care? That someone got there!

Never been late to:
- interviews
- meetings
- public transportation
- concerts
- events
- dates
- hairdresser
etc

·
Registered
ENTJ 3w2-5w6-9w8 so/sp
1,185 Posts
ENTP:

I am actually late a lot. My time-planning is very optimistic and usually, I have to run to be at least fairly on time. Two other factors are that I get lost very often when I have to go somewhere where I have never been and that for anything where it doesn't have an actual impact on grades or my ability to enter something, I simply don't care if I am late.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I don't let my P-ness get in the way of responsibility. I'm rarely late.

Note- Didn't vote because I haven't typed myself, but based on dichotomies IxFP and ExFP in a JCF system.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm punctual most of the time, albeit not always. Sometimes, if I know a particular friend or teacher has a reputation of being late I will go slightly late but never later than them.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I can be shamelessly late to finish something, but I always start on time.

Which means I don't run late to appointments etc, but don't expect me to do everything you planned. Because I can only engage my moral self to be there and try my best, not to success. So if I answer that I don't know how much time X takes and you fix a delay in your head or insist to get another answer, it's your problem, not mine. A contract is based on conditions, not predictions.

·
Banned
3,936 Posts
The only time I was late recently is due to sleeping in because of bad sleepless night and sedatives kicking in too late. Absolute most of the time I arrive right on time for appointments or even earlier.
If I am late, it's usually due to something like traffic jams or feeling really crappy in the morning. Even then, it's normally all fine and dandy as long as I call and warn about (possibly) being late.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Like previously mentioned. I am always in a rush but not usually late. On time 90% of the time. Just might end up running literally or possibly getting a speeding ticket.

Random fun fact my Infj sis is late ALOT she is not casual over most things but her arrival she is. She would rather be obsessively prepared and put together an be late then say a scattered but on time mess like myself.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.