Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of u enjoy this

Reactions: Surreal Breakfast

·
Banned
228 Posts
I like Tool, which is fairly trippy stuff.

I also like Meshuggah, which is insanely trippy stuff, though perhaps not in the traditional sense.

Most self-described psychedelic music I've heard is pretty annoying and simplistic, just crappy guitar music with an overuse of effects.
I like music that has texture, which is likely why I am drawn to the rhythmic complexities of the above mentioned groups.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
infected mushroom.
can be summed as the definition and be all
there is no repeatition for the sake of repeatition, -everything serves a purpose in the whole-

here's one old school example; wait for the one Voiced Line; and tell me if it doesn't seem to be th culmination of all things experienced to that point

another old school one with 'perfect mode set'....orgasm point at 3:30 plus (but u have to wait it) (mode shift at 5:50 +)

i tell Mordern Music fans to be patient above the 3 minute limit usually granted for a song,
and to feel the twists and follow the story

listen to this 1st (perhaps)

i have always found a song for every occasion, ... one can philosophize and psychologize over the process
from isreal, there are the holy books and then this!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
between bt the good?

this is the language i have to use for NON USERS,
actually it is one whole to me,
but i guess i am acclimitized to hearing the 'stuff' in those betweens,

be my guest, listen to the second one

also, without a doubt,
this is the best....(spamming the airwaves, tell me what this one does to u)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Trance=Pretty good but there are a lot of techno trance bands that I just can't get into.

I enjoy the Tool and NiN but that's more on the Prog/Industrial end.

Infected Mushroom, Mum, and Animal Collective are three of my favorites. Amongst the "Psychedelic Rock" bands, White Zombie is definitely my favorite though. :3

·
Banned
228 Posts
Those songs weren't as annoying as I anticipated, likeSEEPINGwater.
Pretty good.
Though I'm not entirely crazy about them while sober, I imagine I'd be pretty captivated if I was altered while listening.

This is one of my favorite Meshuggah songs, and I think it's fairly representative of their style (though some of their songs are far less aggressive/cacophonous).
It's niche music to be sure, and I'm sure not many people here will like it, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

I like the fact that it's almost hypnotic in it's method of repetition, yet still completely brutalizing. The rhythmic complexity in their music also never ceases blows my mind, and always keeps me on my toes trying to analyze things.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Psilocin...right about the Industrial stuff, Nine Inch Nails is definitely something i make a point of listening to yearly since i 1st got to know of them.
Perseus.... what about this Bob Dylan u keep chattering about.... (by my definition, psychedelics are supposed to mess/engage ones figuring out ability and puts one on an emotional track ... perhaps u can post us an example).
THanx BenW, will make point of listening to your sample after work today

·
Premium Member
ENFP, so/s_, Cosmic
3,431 Posts
I love psychedelia, it's my favourite genre

They say that Jimi was an axe murderer, but I think he was shy just like me!
So true :laughing:

You're damn right.
I've been on a Pink Floyd kick for a while now too. I love a few of Jefferson Airplane's songs too. Classic rock=Win. The greatest psychedelic music came from that time.
I love Syd Barret era Pink Floyd, and I'm a huge Jefferson Airplane fan, and yeah it was the greatest time in music

I've been into The United States of America lately & I love their sound

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
They accuse me of being an acid bath murderer; or at least one person (ISFJ ?) does?

Some Dylan, Jefferson are more wired in to the CNS than me, others are inbetweeny psychedelic like Pink Floyd (in the absence of Syd Barrett) whereas the Byrds Mister Spaceman was strictly on the other side of the Doors. As we know there are four doors, but the blinkers were down on the Doors of Perception.

At the Magic Village in Manchester, England, way back in those days, they were drinking a lot of cough mixture with a brain chemical that mimicked the DTs more than anything else.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the fact that it's almost hypnotic in it's method of repetition, yet still completely brutalizing. The rhythmic complexity in their music also never ceases blows my mind, and always keeps me on my toes trying to analyze things.
indeed, this is as i would define INTP music.(repeatition is the stereotype which kills my music)
moving us on ONE plain, yet affecting us on another.
incidentally what u said about INF-Mush...and sobriety is exactly how i feel
funny that u are worried about the Aggresiveness Factor of Meshuggah when this was a non-consequential from my stand-point. I guess I looked in the mirror as far as your concepts were concerned...

thanx Surreal Breakfast for your contribution

·
Registered
6 Posts
Psychedelic music thread needs more love! As the years go by I have grown to like it more and more. I don't do drugs but love the trippiest things. Go figure. I have been in few local witch house parties and had the best time.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
^^^^ I'm genuinely interested in how the hell you managed to root out a thread from 6 years ago, specially on a topic such as this.

Meh... May as well give my own response...

Psychedelic music is good. Progressive Psy on Digitally Imported - DI Radio
She was probably just surfing through the INTP thread. Some of those threads are really really old.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
infected mushroom.
can be summed as the definition and be all
there is no repeatition for the sake of repeatition, -everything serves a purpose in the whole-

here's one old school example; wait for the one Voiced Line; and tell me if it doesn't seem to be th culmination of all things experienced to that point

another old school one with 'perfect mode set'....orgasm point at 3:30 plus (but u have to wait it) (mode shift at 5:50 +)

i tell Mordern Music fans to be patient above the 3 minute limit usually granted for a song,
and to feel the twists and follow the story

listen to this 1st (perhaps)

i have always found a song for every occasion, ... one can philosophize and psychologize over the process
from isreal, there are the holy books and then this!
This is NOT psychedelic.

This is satanic -- psycho-delic.

I'll show you psychedelic.

See infra.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.