Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as we're classified as "the dreamers," I was thinking we could use this thread to share some dreams that just seem to stand out from the others to us, whether it be lucid, spiritual, psychedelic, or otherwise.

I've only had one lucid dream a while back, and I didn't do anything exciting in it but it was still really cool to realise I was dreaming and could do whatever I wanted to. I chose to go to the mountains... so, I somehow flew there and stood at the top of this mountain.

I've also had some dreams in which a dear deceased family member has been a part of. It may just be my mind, but I'd like to believe it was their spirit because those dreams have made me feel at complete peace and like I was with her again. I felt as if even though her body was no longer with us, her spirit could still visit me.

Last night I had this amazing dream that I want to make a reality. I was on some sort of hallucinogen lying in this field with a friend who I barely know, yet I felt at complete peace. I was listening to the Beatles in one ear, staring up at the sky. In it, the clouds formations changed into a kaleidoscope which kept moving and changing colour and shape. I just felt at complete peace, and it was amazing. I've never touched a psychedelic in my life, but after this dream I'm pretty tempted to. It was unreal. That was just a portion of the dream, which was somehow all completely drug related.

But enough about that, any cool dreams that stood out to you?
.. and yes. I'm crazy, I know.
:crazy:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I'll copy and paste a couple of posts I put in the INFP forum:

I'm a wannabe lucid dreamer. I've had them from time to time, most of them when I was younger. I frankly don't have the patience to use most of the lucid dream methods, except for the one where you try to imprint it in your subconscious mind. I would try the reality checks, but I heard they make your dreams more ordinary and real-like over time and I don't want that.

My very first one happened before I even knew about lucid dreaming. I dreamed I was in this school where everything was dull and boring, everyone was wearing plain and maybe identical clothes, no one talked at all or even felt any emotions. After a while something clicked and I realized this couldn't be true, so I yelled "STOP! THIS IS JUST A DREAM!" at the top of my lungs. Everyone turned to look at me for a second, and then everything faded and turned pitch-black; and I swear I heard a thud sound. When I woke up I asked my Mom if I fell on the floor when I was sleeping, but she said no.

And then there's my favorite one that happened when I was twelve. I was in some ordinary-looking house and the TV was on. Shortly into the dream I realized that I was dreaming (I think I was using the programming method) and wanted to test if I could control it. So I sort of stretched my hand at the TV to see if I could make the channel just turn into static, and it worked. So then I just did what I felt like doing; I flied into the sky, made it all dark-red and cloudy, made everything windy, and started lifting things from the streets telepathically. At some point I thought "Hey, I'll have an out-of-body experience!" and started flying intensely in one direction, while everything started going pitch-black again. Sadly, if anything happened after that, I can't recall.

Others have happened after that, but they weren't nearly as interesting and were incredibly short. But I'd love to have a cool one again.

There was this one time I dreamed I was talking to this pretty girl in a sort of magical place, the ones you find in fantasy books. I think it was a sort of like a giant tree where we could sit on its branches, and it was nighttime and we could see the stars and everything. I don't remember what we talked about, but were connecting on a deep level, almost like two real people.

And every once in a while I dream of going back to the United States and seeing my friends again. It's my dream, both literally and figuratively :proud:

They're not exactly spiritual, but I'd say they go on the light side of things.

There's another that's really special to me and happened a few days ago, but I'll save that for later. I'm not sure if I have enough time to write it down right now.

Edit: Here's that other dream I mentioned. It's about two of my best friends, who I'll call X and Y for the sake of their privacy, who are still living in the United States. This one might very well be spiritual, since I felt a special happiness in that dream, similar to that second dream you mentioned. The text below is straight from my journal.

I dreamed about them last night. Coincidence, maybe? Well, maybe it was my dream that influenced my posts on the Cafe today. Either way, it didn't start with them. At first it was...my memory's kind of foggy, maybe it was Keila, or another fictional girl. Than at one point that girl became X; we were in some kind of store. And after we left it, Y joined us too.

Most of the reoccurring dreams I've had for a while were about me coming back to the United States and seeing my friends again. This one was different. It was like my friends coming to see me, don't know if in Brazil exactly, although the streets we went to later resemble small Brazilian cities a bit. It was nighttime (deeper dreams are always at night) and we were basically hanging around together. I can't remember exactly what we did, but I know we stayed together for the bulk of the dream, probably all of it. We were really enjoying ourselves.

There was another dream that night (or was it the same one?) where I was discussing that dream with someone else. I don't remember who that other person was, but he seemed older than me, more like an advisor. I remember him telling me that this one wasn't ordinary, maybe just in relation to the reoccurring dreams, and that there was something different about this one.

Could there be some significance here? Writing it down here, it seems blatantly obvious, but you never know. In my experience, dreams can be highly influenced by our desires, just like the ones where I was going back to America. But there might be something special here. There was a different happiness here, maybe because I was hanging out with them instead of meeting them again. And that advisor, he could be a guide...

But, coincidence or not, I still believe the dream is significant. Maybe it was just showing what I wanted in my heart, what I desired so much, reminding me of my vision... That dream made me so happy when I woke up.

Whew! What a long post! :proud:

·
Registered
616 Posts

-----I only have dreams in which I'm aware I'm dreaming (lucid dreams) every once in a while. Far more often I have dreams that are so vivid that when I wake up in the morning, I feel like they are prophetic--destined. I intellectually know that these dreams are not messages from God, but I still feel that they are.
-----I've had lots of interesting dreams. Occasionally, I can fly, but I can't seem to fly much higher than a tall tree. Many times the detail and vastness is more than I can conceive of in real life. Once I dreamt of a complex city that I viewed from the rooftop--I could see for so far--so much further than I can see in real life. It was kind of like having super-vision. On a couple of occasions, I got to be armed. That was kinda fun--sorry if that sounds sorta sick. But machine guns really inspire a dream storyline. Below are a couple dreams that intrigue me.
-----Favorite dream:
-----I am on the deck of a starship (not the Enterprise), and Jean-Luc Picard is explaining something about another starship that appears on a small version of the viewscreen. I can feel that the gravity is artificial--like I might just float away, but I am held in place like a puck on an air hockey table. I am so excited to be on board. I don't recall many specifics. But I know what it feels like to be on a starship! A space dream! I waited so long for you, my favorite of dreams. It felt real. Totally real.
-----Alternate dimension dream:
-----I am sitting in a big, open room in a house. I'm wearing clothes of colors that I would never wear. There are people everywhere, and I know them. A touch on the shoulder, and I turn and smile. That's it. But within the dream I felt totally at home--like this is the way it had always been. Like I was within someone who had lived a whole different life. I remember knowing everyone there, but I don't know any of those people--they don't exist. But it felt real.
-----. . . . these are a few of my favorite dreams!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Dreams are where my ideas usually get refined subconsciously to the point where they are so damn awesome I can write fiction based on them. My dreams are effing powerful. I have no desire to lucid dream, because my subconscious is so much fun, but occasionally I have semi-lucid dreams where I can direct the general flow of the story that is unfolding. I dream for stories, and they are awesome.

I just wish I remembered them more often.

I have had pretty psychadelic dreams on a few occasions, in places with different physical laws dictating everything from perspective, interaction between objects and the behaviour of light. Those are super trippy, even moreso the characters inhabiting them :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Lately I've only been dreaming lucid dreams (but I can't control what I'm doing, only know that I'm dreaming). A few times maybe I dreamed and woke up and was disappointed that it was only a dream...but I can't remember what it was. Usually during these times I don't realize that I'm dreaming, though my head knows it's too good/unrealistic to be true.
It was two nights ago I was dreaming about my friends, and it was a really happy dream (most are iNtuitive, half are NF, so we get along well. :D). But I usually can't remember my happy dreams; I don't remember this one.

When I was younger, I used to have scary dreams. But now they're either happy dreams or adventures; mostly happy. I can't remember the last time I had a scary dream.

There's one dream in particular that really struck me as an insanely wacky dream. I was dreaming that some pancake man was throwing pancakes at me, and I was running away in sheer terror. He almost caught up to me, then towards the end of the dream, I somehow flew right into a safe zone. I know it was a safe zone; how I knew in the dream, I don't know. Then I turned and laughed at the pancake guy, and he was staring at me with this expression...if looks could kill... Some dream, huh? It wasn't so much scarily terrifying though, as adrenaline junkie terrifying. Ha! I'm not even an adrenaline junkie.

One scary dream I remember was that I had locked myself in a bathroom to escape from an enormous gorilla that was chasing me. So stereotypical and unfair to gorillas, I know, but oh, well...Then, I decided to make a dash for it. I flung open the bathroom door and ran down the hallway, the gorilla hot on my heels. I woke up in the middle of the chase; I don't know what happened afterwards. Oh, and a scary recurring dream I used to have involved logs falling on me, a pink house with a perfect lawn and elegant pink chairs and a table, and oh, there was a tree on the side of the lawn. I know, I sound crazy.

There's only one dream that I remember wishing to dream again. It was an adventure. It was a combination of the characters from the children's book The English Roses and a scene from Stuart Little, the 1999 movie. I was in some sort of spacecraft-like vehicle, and three of the girls from that book were operating it. We were barreling through a storm water-like shaft, trying to get away from something that was chasing us. It was weird, but fun. :D

It seems like all these adventures/scary dreams have some sort of chase in them. Just an observation.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've never had a spiritual dream. Mine are typically lucid, very complex and centered on something that's recently happened in my life, or a person in my life. I occasionally have psychedelic dreams, but they are few and far between.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
But enough about that, any cool dreams that stood out to you?
.. and yes. I'm crazy, I know.
:crazy:
I don't think you're crazy.

I've met spirits in the dream world. People I didn't even know, but when I asked my girlfriend at the time, she had to explain to me who they were. I was meeting her deceased family members and friends, it was kind of odd.

I met her boyfriend from high school that died in a car accident. (I didn't know who he was at the time.) Was playing a game of cards with him up in the clouds of the night sky.

There were thousands of spirits around us, all happily playing their games and discussing things. Each of them probably inviting dreamers up into the clouds to play.

Yet I got very frustrated. Trying to play cards while dreaming is hard. I could barely see the cards, and then when I tried to remember the rules of how to play, I couldn't and got angry. Part of the anger was, he was unwilling to let my gf go, who was also there, until I beat him at the card game.

So I punched him and took off with her. In my subconscious state, I'm a brute I guess.

The next day, I had lost my cellphone, it took me several days to find it. I had a strong hunch that he had somehow hid it on me as payback.

-------------------

Last night's dream was sexual... well sort of.

It was odd too.

There was a lovely lady in my house. No idea who, but she had auburn hair. She was short and cute.

She was sad, so I thought that I should go up to her and give her a kiss and hold her. Which is generally what I feel like doing whenever I see attractive women in distress. Well, she wasn't *that* sad. She just wanted someone to love her that she missed... but that someone wasn't me.

Yet she didn't reject me, she just expressed this longing for *that* person.

Feeling very generous, I thought, yes, I can be that person for you. My motive in all this was to make *her* happy, whatever that meant doing, I didn't really care.

So I morphed. I became this other guy... which involved shrinking and the shape of my face changed. I never saw what I looked like, but I became whoever she wanted me to be. We began kissing and she took her clothes off. We were just about to have sex when...

I began having memories flood into my head. The most random of things, that I didn't even understand, but I felt compelled to explain to her. I began rambling on about these things, until I finally woke up.

Why I ruined the moment, I don't know. Though, I'm kind of glad I did. Making her happy was important, but I don't like the idea of impersonating someone.

Which brings me to another thing I've noticed in my dreams. Whoever that person is dreaming, is not the same person that I am. Two different people inhabiting the same mind, because we both make decisions in a remarkably different fashion.

"Oh, I'll just punch this person to get what I want."

"Oh, yes, I will have sex with you, miss. What's your name again?"

I'm not always that bad, but it's just odd.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm a wannabe lucid dreamer. I've had them from time to time, most of them when I was younger. I frankly don't have the patience to use most of the lucid dream methods, except for the one where you try to imprint it in your subconscious mind. I would try the reality checks, but I heard they make your dreams more ordinary and real-like over time and I don't want that.
Reality Checking helps you lucid dream more, and in lucid dreams where you have control, you can change the dream to be as fantasy like as your heart desires. So reality checking is good because lucid dreams are much better than regular dreams.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This isn't quite a dream, but I thought I should post this here because it did take place in my mind. I tried salvia over the weekend, took a bong rip of 50x so it was really intense. It wasn't just the visualizations that were intense, it was also the emotional aspect to it. This is my subconscious becoming my reality.

I was sitting on the couch with my friend, and then the room turned into.. it was like the chess scene in Alice in Wonderland. The floor was made of marble, and then my friend and I turned into stone pillars. I could sense our other friends also being stone pillars, lined up on sides facing each other yet connected. I looked over at my friend questioning what was going on, and he just kind of raised his shoulders almost in betrayal. It was as if everyone in this reality had conformed to a certain way of living that was just messed up and unfair to our spirits. I was the only one that saw that it was messed up. There was a concept about it that was just so terrible. Everyone else had just accepted it though. It was like they had accepted that they didn't matter, but I didn't want to accept this. I questioned why I was different, why I was the only one who couldn't accept this. I felt as if I had been lied to my entire life. At this moment I realised that this was reality, and everything I had ever known didn't exist. We were just here. Our world was a sham and was going to end. When I tried to walk, my feet and the ground became pixellated in rainbow colours, and my feet were stuck to the floor and I was unable to walk. There was something else in this trip, it was a female force but she looked almost robotic, I think her face resembled a clock. She was one of the leaders. As I would try to lift my feet off of the ground, they would raise up pieces of the pixellated ground that my feet were attached to. I couldn't escape. As well, when I would try to walk my feet were stuck to the ground. I couldn't move or do anything, I just had to be. Trying to grasp this new reality, I said "WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK." (which could actually be heard by my friend). All I remember is that I was still trying to find reality, even though this was my reality at the time I just kept questioning it because it was too terrible to believe. Yet I would be told that this was reality. When I came out of the trip (or maybe I still was in the trip) I found my friend as I was half on the couch and half on the ground, and grabbing onto him I was like "is this reality?!" He was like "yes." I then asked him if he promised, and once he responded that he did, I knew I was back in reality.

Also, thank you all for your responses :) I find them really interesting.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have lucid dreams when I overheat in my sleep or fall asleep on my back with my arm above my face (I think it obstructs my breathing).

My lucid dreaming started as dreams where I fall into sleep but awake in the dream and I can't move or breathe. When this first started happening I would panic and try to wake myself up, which was mentally and physically exhausting! I learnt to steer the dream into something interesting and this would get me to relax. I had one awesome dream where I decided to shoot through the ceiling and fly like superman would. It felt like I was flying for real, it was exhilirating! Usually these dreams will turn into normal ones as I lose control of it.

It's fun but I prefer to have dreamless sleep, I don't like feeling paralyzed and suffocated!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have lucid dreams when I overheat in my sleep or fall asleep on my back with my arm above my face (I think it obstructs my breathing).

My lucid dreaming started as dreams where I fall into sleep but awake in the dream and I can't move or breathe. When this first started happening I would panic and try to wake myself up, which was mentally and physically exhausting! I learnt to steer the dream into something interesting and this would get me to relax. I had one awesome dream where I decided to shoot through the ceiling and fly like superman would. It felt like I was flying for real, it was exhilirating! Usually these dreams will turn into normal ones as I lose control of it.

It's fun but I prefer to have dreamless sleep, I don't like feeling paralyzed and suffocated!
That's weird, it almost sounds like sleep paralysis, except not. I've had sleep paralysis a few times before and that's so scary. That must be sweet to be able to lucid dream a lot though.

Reactions: Geoffrey

·
Registered
138 Posts
I loved reading all of these posts. Every one of them was really interesting.

I get lucid dreams every once in a while, but it actually takes me a bit to realize that I'm in a dream. Once I do though, I have to struggle for control over my body or else I start to feel more and more like I'm trapped in someone else's body, which terrifies me. If I succeed in breaking free, then I'm pretty much free to do whatever I want after that. I like to fly whenever I can or go swimming under the sea with colorful little fishies. It's absolutely breathtaking. I'm trying to learn how to have more lucid dreams, except I think that I would eventually wear myself out with the struggling part in the beginning.

On the other hand, the stuff that my subconscious mind comes up with are just as fun. They're like magical worlds full of imagination and wonder. If only I could remember them when I wake up more often. Part of me wanting to lucid dream is to travel these worlds, but I get the feeling that I'll start to find reality more boring than it actually is.

Never had a psychedelic or spiritual dream before. I wonder what it's like to have one. I would like to experience one myself one day. (/ * 0 *)/

·
Registered
124 Posts
That's weird, it almost sounds like sleep paralysis, except not. I've had sleep paralysis a few times before and that's so scary. That must be sweet to be able to lucid dream a lot though.
When I started having them I went online to figure out what was happening to me and sleep paralysis came up as a search result. I didn't have a sinister figure in my dreams though, just me in the position I fell asleep in and I couldn't move. I think if I had a witch, alien or dark figure looming or sitting on me that would be the scariest thing ever! I've always wondered if I was saved from that part because I'm a skeptical person and really don't believe in the supernatural.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I started having them I went online to figure out what was happening to me and sleep paralysis came up as a search result. I didn't have a sinister figure in my dreams though, just me in the position I fell asleep in and I couldn't move. I think if I had a witch, alien or dark figure looming or sitting on me that would be the scariest thing ever! I've always wondered if I was saved from that part because I'm a skeptical person and really don't believe in the supernatural.
I've never woken up to anything either, I'm not sure if I'd ever be able to go to sleep again if that happened to me. There was one time where I dreamed that I woke up and had the feeling of sleep paralysis, and I started walking and all of a sudden my body froze as I was walking.. and as I fell and smashed my head I woke up and was in sleep paralysis. Another time I was napping on the couch in daylight, opened my eyes but couldn't say a word or move. Scary. I've always been pretty open minded to supernatural things, lately I've been really confused. Ohhh the unknown.

Reactions: Geoffrey

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, I've had lucid dreams, but my favorite and most lucid were the few I had when I was 12 or 13. I'd just learned about the idea of lucid dreaming, and fortunately my dream world obliged. I became aware that I was dreaming and consciously changed the eye color of the person I was looking at (I changed one eye from brown to blue, just like the Siberian Husky my family had at the time ;) ). I also multiplied my cat all over my dream bedroom. I then ran out of the house. It was night and had recently rained, and I could feel the wetness under my feet. As I was running, I told myself to remember that the dream world was exactly the same as the waking world. The other dream I had around that time involved riding in a car and feeling the carpet pad between my toes. My lucid dreams usually involve rich, photographic detail, but I don't have them often anymore. I actually don't remember as many of my dreams these days.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I frankly don't have the patience to use most of the lucid dream methods, except for the one where you try to imprint it in your subconscious mind. I would try the reality checks, but I heard they make your dreams more ordinary and real-like over time and I don't want that.
I beg to differ - difference between WILD and DILD are only transports into lucid state. The method per se doesn't affect the experience as such - it can be vivid and absurd, and it can be just plain ordinary dream. But while you are at in lucid state, you can transform your world as any ways you wish and make it unboring.

My favorite method for this is to imagine a portal behind me, turn and jump in. Such portals usually take me into exotic wonderlands, abstract jungles filled with ice and such novelties. What is very odd, that before I jump into portal I have no idea where I'm heading. Subconsciousness seems to just invent landscapes as things come by.

Reactions: sleepyhouse

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had a bad experience with lucid dreaming when I was 8. I have always had nightmares more often than dreams for as long as I can remember. I usually wake up before I die/something horrible happens though. In this dream, I was swimming around and I saw a shark. As soon as I saw it, I immediately realized I was dreaming. But I couldn't wake up. I literally got out of bed and started walking around, but I was still seeing the dream. I ended up smashing my head against the wall because I was terrified and couldn't stop seeing the shark chasing me. That (thankfully) woke me up.

Lately, though, I've been doing reality checks because I'm sure I'd enjoy a lucid dream if I had control over it. I've yet to have a lucid dream doing this, but I'm looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Reality Checking helps you lucid dream more, and in lucid dreams where you have control, you can change the dream to be as fantasy like as your heart desires. So reality checking is good because lucid dreams are much better than regular dreams.
I beg to differ - difference between WILD and DILD are only transports into lucid state. The method per se doesn't affect the experience as such - it can be vivid and absurd, and it can be just plain ordinary dream. But while you are at in lucid state, you can transform your world as any ways you wish and make it unboring.

My favorite method for this is to imagine a portal behind me, turn and jump in. Such portals usually take me into exotic wonderlands, abstract jungles filled with ice and such novelties. What is very odd, that before I jump into portal I have no idea where I'm heading. Subconsciousness seems to just invent landscapes as things come by.
Okay, I did some internet surfing on dreams again and none of the sites seemed to mention the 'normalizing' of dreams, so I guess I can give the reality checks a shot. Though I do remember this one time a long time ago when I tried the pulling thumb check and it stretched really far -- and I thought it was normal! But I read up on this too, apparently I wasn't doing the reality checks with enough awareness and focus.

Can't wait to have that lucid dream! :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts