Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any psychic abilities or know anyone who does? Please share experiences and NF moments aswell. (Psionics, ESP)

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i have a theory that the most powerful functions for self learning of psychic abilities are Ni and Fi based on the subjective nature of both functions. Ni perceives beyond the norm based on patterns in perception where as Fi reasons beyond the norm, detaching from logic (or normal systems of reasoning). both functions allow for a great level of understanding into the unknown.

with unhealthy INFJ's (Ni users in general) it seems like some of them purposefully keep knowledge of such activities in the mist for the sake of their own external power. unhealthy INFP's on the other hand seek to demystify things for the sake of their own internal power (ego and other things). These INFP's thrive on teacher type roles to elevate their sense of self worth and mystify the path of attaining internal power for others. seems to be Fi Ne vs Ni Fe based on the function theory.

based on the general perception of what psychic phenomena is, the most common psychic types i bump into tend to be NF's along with ISFP's and ISFJ's. it would be interesting to know how they vary. from what i've seen percievers tend to be more adept at psionics, energy work and psychokinesis where as judgers tend to be more adept at OOBE's clairvoyance premonitions and prophecy.

·
Administrator
14,123 Posts
I have weird dreams...so I'm not sure if my psychic ability is the ignorance of my conscious mind, or some kind of strange prophetic power of dreams, or perhaps just seeing meaning in places where it's not logically supported.

But every once and a while I'll have a prophetic dream...at least that's what it seems to be. I've never really understood why those things though. They aren't particularly important events in the scope of my life but perhaps just important to my emotions.

I've dreamed about a couple important people (redheads for some reason) before I met them. And I also dreamed of some dead baby birds (?) not sure why. And some other stuff...I suppose it was important when I dreamed of my father "seeing dark" before his eyes started failing and he had to have surgery, and my uncle "getting sick" before he became paralized and moved in with my father....and my grandmother acting like she had dementia before she began actually behaving that way.

But...I also dreamed my grandma was a dog. And a bunch of other weird stuff...like going on a date with Woody Allen.

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
Don't think so.

However. I am very aware of the energy of others and the energies present in a room. Energy signatures of other entities can rub off on me. But I don't think this is a psychic ability, it's more like my intuition is highly developed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have these dreams where I can feel (and sometimes see) what my friends are going through in real life. Last time I had a dream where I could feel that a friend of mine was feeling sad. The next day she told me that her mother passed away. It's quite useful to have these dreams, but those dreams costs a lot of energy. Do you have any psychic abilities?

·
Registered
993 Posts
hmmmm what leads to you to believe psychic powers are real? i mean nearly all psychic powers seems to be a fraud and there's no way to explain it........

just my opinion

·
Registered
701 Posts
People told me I can see right trough things and people and I think that's true. It's just sò clear when someone is lying, pretending or hiding something for me. I just KNOW. Don't even try, because when you do I will also want to suss out why someone is doing that to me. Fooling and misleading, won't even work quite a bit. I know, I just know.
This is due to the fact that I'm very, very in tune with my environment and surroundings, with having Ne as a primary extraverted function, I'm very aware of patterns: the ways people behave in all kind of different situations, also, being led my Fi, causes a very extended range and understanding for emotions, it's very emotionally -intelligent/developed, so it understands the complexity of emotional experiences inside the user her/himself and because that understanding, I also regonize the nuances of every single emotion in other people. Because Fi just understands how feelings work. Fi informs the Fi - user how the Fi user feels about things, so emotions are "labelled" in the huge and complex emotional system, those aren't emotions like: mad, sad, shame, angry, happiness or whatever, no, it's much more detailed than that, it consists even emotions that "don't exist in definition'' and emotional mixes that cause certain states and therefore behaviors. I'm very good at seeing right truth things, right to someone's emotional core, what emotions are truly going on, even when it contradicts the behavior, because compensating behavior is, for example, a death give away.
Another thing, Ne is so occupied with underlying meanings and underlying patterns - say someone suddenly breaks their own, so clear and consistent behavior pattern, you just know there's CLEARLY something going on - because Ne things in terms of patterns, it's able to predict the reaction in normal circumstances. So when you do something that contradicts your pattern - something is going on. Then it's just a matter to find the fault in that way, that - makes the pattern consistent again, to find out what's going on exactly. So if you have both the power of a highly developed emotional - understanding - system/function and a very strong pattern and connections system - it's a quite powerful combination.

·
5,227 Posts
i have a theory that the most powerful functions for self learning of psychic abilities are Ni and Fi based on the subjective nature of both functions. Ni perceives beyond the norm based on patterns in perception where as Fi reasons beyond the norm, detaching from logic (or normal systems of reasoning). both functions allow for a great level of understanding into the unknown.

with unhealthy INFJ's (Ni users in general) it seems like some of them purposefully keep knowledge of such activities in the mist for the sake of their own external power. unhealthy INFP's on the other hand, seek to demystify things relating to psychic phenomena for the sake of their own internal power (ego and other things). These INFP's thrive on teacher type roles to elevate their sense of self worth and mystify the path of attaining internal power for others. seems to be Fi Ne vs Ni Fe based on the function theory.

based on the general perception of what psychic phenomena is, the most common psychic types i bump into tend to be NF's along with ISFP's and ISFJ's. it would be interesting to know how they vary. from what i've seen percievers tend to be more adept at psionics, energy work and psychokinesis where as judgers tend to be more adept at OOBE's clairvoyance premonitions and prophecy.
I am undecided about what I think about psychic phenomena, but I find it interesting all the same, real or as an idea. And I think I understand what you mean about Ni, insights and connecting stuff in unusual ways, but I don't understand what you say about Fi? could you elaborate?

The part about mystifying and demystifying was interesting too though I didn't really understand all. It seems to be woven into those functions, the unclear, mysterious parts of the thinking. It seems to me not to work once it gets draged out into the open too much, that it evaporates if exposed to too much sunlight :) . I don't know if that is just because there is nothing there to begin with or because it is to complicated for the conscious mind to process. I am lumping it all together now and doubt I make any sense... Some I feel like I have to hide from "logic", both my own, and others, for it to continue to be thought of somewhere in the mist of the back of my mind, or that judgement will make it crumble to pieces prematurely. Some feels too much to be examined in a subjective way and might be easier to view objectively, that might be the demystifying part? Some things need to be allowed to grow parallell to other mutually exclusive knowledge/understanding/feeling, before deciding, and need to be kept in mindmist in the meanwhile.

But I would be interested to hear more about your thought about Ni mystifying and Fi demystifying.

I think I have had a few dreams and other experiences that could perhaps be seen as psychic if one wants to, but I could see many other ways to interpret it too. I used to be extremely attentive, I think I am still more attentive than most, and that can give the feeling of knowing things from out of the air sometimes, the mind puzzles together lots of little pieces and make qualified guesses, a feeling of being able to read someones mind sometimes, which I guess in a way it is, but tracing their thoughts, not getting some kind of mysterious transmission. At least I think that is what happens, but who knows.

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow there are a few people with precognitive dreams that's amazing. yes i have had precognitive dreams as well but i have to be really close to people and care about them a lot before they come into these kind of dreams. it seems similar with you guys too. i've never predicted ahead more than a day or 2 either (at least not that i'm aware of :S). a lot of NF's seems to have an awareness of certain vibes and energies in a room intuitively. i suppose for some it can psychic because they'll enter a room and just get a wave of feelings or emotions based on no conscious evaluation of sensory information. a lot of "psychic abilities" are hyper-intuitions visions and precognition seem to follow that kind of pattern.

i can do Telekinesis, see auras and i think i'm slightly clairaudient but i can't make out any clear words yet. i am also mentally healthy and i've never been drunk or taken a drug in my life.

it's partially hereditary. it runs all over my mother's side of my family. my mother and all of my uncles as well as my grand mother my brother and one of my cousins on my mother's side has had some kind of experience with them. i wasn't told about this stuff until i stumbled on some myself and shared my experiences. i've also shown and taught people. everyone has some and like any skill some people will be more adept at certain abilities than others.

if a particular ability is not natural to you then like anything else, strengthening it requires practice. it feels really natural and comforting to develop an extra sense that connects you to your environment. if you're not religious have a go, i really hope you do because the outcome can be really beautiful. a lot of people seem to know about psychic abilities already. it's been covered in the mainstream a couple times already. please be careful though, some things can be dangerous. the thinner the veil is between your imagination and reality are the more capable you are of do psychic stuff.

i can't post videos yet because my post count is too low but here are a few psychics on youtube that i know are real.
Michael Grubb
mark mauvais
astral solsin
Trebor seven

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
I don't know if I have psychic abilities, though I have had some very strange experiences that have been by some attributed to psychic abilities. I've shown awareness of events I couldn't have known about, and I seem to have an ability to react to threats before I am consciously aware of them. Many members of my family and my wife also show abilities like this from time to time, particularly my mother.
I'm not certain how I feel about psychic phenomena, whether or not I believe its real, I do believe we percieve more than we're aware of though. The CIA and KGB both studied various phenomena for decades, and possibly are still, reportedly with some fairly remarkable results. While I find the subject fascinating I am careful to examine most things with a skeptical eye, I keep my mind open, but I don't accept the first or easiest explanation for things necessarily. There are many things about which we currently have little knowledge and understanding, psychic phenomena being one of them, for myself at least theres too little info to draw a meaningful conclusion yet.

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
well for all the INFP's that don't like how reductionist MBTI is, for starters they're kind of right since this theory as a whole pretty much only concerns the ego (and only a part of it at that). i'm not sure whether this is consistent with Carl Jung's definition of the ego how nowadays "ego" seems to be some nebulously defined aspect of us responsible for a false sense of identity. beyond a certain level mbti means nothing in terms of capabilities but at the base level we understand, perceive and have knowledge of things by using the ego as a filter.

i'll try and explain why i think Fi useful and why psychic abilities can't be proven at the same time since both are related.

i'll try and give some very very loose ideas behind all this (made loose for the sake of an easier understanding but there's a lot of information available online in a metaphysics text book. buddhist text explain quite a lot). what we perceive i.e. sensual data is very strongly related to the thoughts from ourselves and that from others. everything that we personally perceive in the external world is a reflection of what is going on for us internally. thus cause and effect (law of attraction) is a result of the interplay between our internal and external worlds. so the sake of understanding, it's clearer to say that the internal and external worlds exist because of one another, (one does not exist without the other) and so the two worlds feed one another. many gurus will say that there is no duality so the division between the two worlds doesn't actually exist. based on that it can be said that everything that we perceive around us is linked to our thoughts, feelings wills desires and anything else that make up our consciousness and personal worlds. this suggests that we have an inherent knowledge about everything we see to exist. for us to perceive something to be sharp we must first have an understanding of what sharpness is. we must also desire it to be sharp. this is where Fi comes in. the unusual non-standardised form of judgment and reasoning allows us to interpret information around us in completely different ways giving rise to unusual combinations. an Fi user could reason for why psychic abilities exist and "will" them into reality. it uses this judgment to totally bend the current users reality. however, for the Ni user, rather than change the laws of the existing reality will just see another possible reality that can fit the previous (laws are reason,reality is perception). fundamentally psychic abilities require will and imagination to work. with this you can question what exactly imagination, dreams etc is. dreams are just alternative realities that we have less desire to exist in and imagination is the process of synthesis. N and F function are mostly responsible based on the fact that it's uncommon to hear about psychic phenomena from T types with respect to NF. it's so common for NF's we even have the label for them called "NF moments". despite the fact that INTJ's are Ni doms psychic phenomena is much more rare for them compared to NF's or SF's. it's the objective definitions via S and T that limit our perception of realty to the box we generally experience (with Ti and Si being semi-objective). objectivity presents a rigid wall that causes conflicting will. for example you may look at a rock and you may want that rock to fly however since you've defined it as a rock which you have chosen to give objective qualities such as heaviness immobility and lacking aerodynamic properties it suggest that your true will is for the rock not to fly because you have chosen not to give the rock those qualities.

psychic abilities cannot proven because just as your will of reality affects others so does the will of others. if you're in a room full of skeptics with an alternative will for the event, then their consciousness is stacked against you and you'd effectively have to be fighting against all of their realities. because many psychics are sensitive having a skeptic in the testing room of takes them away from the necessary state of mind to perform. also because a lot of this stuff is about as far away from current science as you can get.

yea this all sounds pretty solipsistic and i don't blame you for calling B.S.

sorry i've been up for probably 30 hours and am not too sure what i've just written. i'll probably edit this post tomorrow and try and explain a little better. gonna crash

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Both my sister an INFJ and I - an INFP had specific dreams before recent earthquakes in Japan and Haiti. When I was much younger, I told my family around the end of the year that I have a feeling about earthquake happening in Japan soon. I think it happened on January 5th. I remember that 5000 died or so. None of us knew about those events or heard about them in some way (the TV or radio were not on while we were sleeping). I usually dream about struggling to find a shelter or a safe space due to an earthquake, and then I feel relived when I find one, or when I feel safe in my dream. On the other hand, my sister dreams about people affected in earthquakes (e.g. Japan earthquake she told me before we heard the news that she dreamed about an Asian woman laying on the street crying for help; she told me more things, but I do not remember). In the past, I used to 'predict' that someone is coming from another town when usually they do announce their visit, and they are not expected to come due to work and accommodations. None of these dreams or feelings, I ever connected to any kind of a psychic ability. I believe that as species, humans are capable to intuit some of these things due to connection to others at least on some unconscious and subconscious levels. I also think that we used to have more developed intuition (not Ne or Ni kind) when were living in the nature (caves), were more connected to it, and this capability was necessary to survive. I think that we lost it unlike animals. Again, these things are often discussed on the fridges of science, and current (mainstream) science does not investigate it because it finds it illogical and unnecessary. I find that everybody in their lifetime will have some kind of 'psychic' experiences and will have no idea where they come from.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily refer to myself as a psychic, but I have moments.
I basically have "clusters" of "precognitive dreams" pop up here and there. They vary from very mundane to very intense.

mundane example: I dreamt my boyfriend was driving us somewhere and asked me to grab the wheel for him while he was driving. This had never happened in the past with him, so it wasnt memory-related, but literally the next day he was temporarily distracted while driving and asked me to grab the wheel.

intense example: I dreamt an acquaintance got into a horrible car accident. I woke up in the middle of the morning panicked. I contacted this person out of the blue and told them to drive carefully on a completely irrational whim. They informed me later on that within a month of my contacting them, they got into the worst accident of their life and showed me very scary pictures of what their car looked like. Fortunately, they were not harmed.

Also wanted to say I agree very much with what "a doghouse for cats" says about our ability to "connect" as a species on some unconscious level.

·
Premium Member
15,280 Posts
Oh sure, I have a lifetime of interesting things that I've experienced. Most of them escape my memory at this time but feeling when someone is going to call on the phone 2 seconds before the phone rings, predictive dreams, telling people the EXACT time someone left a message on the answering machine, saw ghosts in an old farmhouse I lived in (NO, I am not schizophrenic). I feel like I am extremely intuitive. I have so much more that has happened, I just can't recall at this time.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You know how people say that you can't dream of someone without seeing them?
Well um.. Not for me. I met one of my cats in a dream.

It was one month after my cat who was a soulmate to me had died, I was severely depressed and had some really vivid dream. Without going into too many details (I could write an essay on this one, single dream but urgh effort):
I was in a city where everything was grey. I entered a restaurant/butchery where a white momma cat (my dead, soulmate cat had been white with siamese-ish markings and vivid, blue eyes) and a bunch of white kittens. This made me feel sad, so I turned away as a man walked out from a room (kitchen/slaughterroom) with a shotgun, talking about the cats. He said he'd let the kittens and momma cat live and sell off the kittens, but "not that one" and something about her not being... able to be adopted? or no one wanting to adopt her? Something like that. So I turned around.
And saw my soulmate cat. And of course I kinda felt very sad and stuff, so I got down and said her name and she said:
" It's time we meet again"
and I wanted to say "Yes" but also " But you're gone" and a bunch of stuff so I said nothing. And then she turned into a cat with one eye and a green eye. And she said that it had been a long time ago since we met each other last.
And then she asked me to take her home. And I said yes, not knowing how I would do that.
And she climbed up into my arms and I hugged her and she had this soft fur and tiny, tiny claws that pricked my skin.
And she just kept saying "Take me home" over and over again.

And then I woke up. And I couldn't get this thought of a white, one-eyed cat out of my head (note: in the dream the reasons she wouldn't be adopted was because she had a broken back/ribs (the dream wasn't precise) and a limp)
So eventually I told my mom that: " I think we're ready to get a new cat, but I want it to be a handicapped one"
Because my mom is my mom she instantly goes to look for cats up for adoption. Ten minutes later she calls for me.
She says: " There's a one eyed cat who needs a home"
I go look at the picture. And it's the cat from my dream. The website had put up the picture just a short while before I said anything to mom, I couldn't have seen the picture earlier. And I just went: " Oh my God, mom. That's the cat I dreamed of."

So now Sarah is a part of our family. And guess what? She has soft fur, and when you cuddle with her and she kneads, she had these teeny, tiny claws that prickle your skin.
England 2014 017.jpg

EDIT: She was found outside of a city, with some broken ribs, a limp and without an eye. Someone had spraypainted her pink, she doesn't have all her teeth and she has scars around her mouth. The people who found her thought about shooting her to put her out of her misery, luckily they didn't. She's very anxious but she's a real cutie pie. She seems to be so very happy to just have a home, and she follows me everywhere. She seems to know her way around kitchens, and is often found dragging random foods down the counters and eating them, which makes us suspect she might have lived in a kitchen before something happened and she ended up fending for herself out on the streets.

Reactions: Sangmu

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I believe in psychic abilities, and believe most people have some degree of them, but I don't believe they're predictable and readily harnessed.

I've never had dreams which seemingly predict things and reading about all of your experiences is really cool.

Related story:

One month my mom had two people, who did not know one another at all, tell her that they had a dream that they'd been told she died in a car accident and woke up very sad. One man said, "I woke up weeping and saying no!". That was thirty years ago and she's still alive and kicking. Needless to say though, it really messed her up for awhile.

Possible explanations:

1. they were predicting she will die in a car accident,
2. it was a complete coincidence,
3. (my theory) I like to think it's most possible that she symbolized innocence to them. Both were experiencing a loss of innocence - or sensing a loss of innocent in the cultural zeitgeist - and their minds used her as a symbol/archetype and manifest the same dream

My mom is very sweet, lamb-like lady. Most people tell me, "Your mom is the sweetest person I know. What a doll." She's an ISFJ :tongue:

The 90s television show Northern Exposure often touched on the idea of collective psychic experience coming through in dreams.

Reactions: yippy

·
Registered
371 Posts
I did sense my dad's presence once. There are some other moments too. It is weird that INFPs don't feel that or talk about it much. While INFJs talk alot about it. Alot of what they do is experienced by us too. Empathy, ESP etc. but why don't we talk much about it?

·
Registered
INFP
1,510 Posts
I am clairempathic/clairsentient and clairaudient with some clairvoyant and claircognizant ability. I want to work on getting better at clairangency because its my weakspot.

but seriously, I hear otherworldly voices and sounds, have precognitive dreams, and can sense energy and pick up on information in some weird ways.
Im always working on my psychic abilities.

I would have thought INFPs would talk about this stuff more. Shows what I know.

Reactions: Kenkao and raschel

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I told a coworker about something that I thought was about to happen in our cafeteria. He was like... You crazy. Then it happened exactly like I said it would.

It's not always good when you're right... because if I think/feel something bad, I can't dismiss it easily.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts