Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m studying my final year of psychological science and I’m wondering where this degree will take me.

I don’t really mind whether it’s negative or positive, just want to hear some stories of where people ended up afterward as a general predictor of where I want to go

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I know quite a few psych grads. One is in management some company, one works in insurance at NFU his dad works there so he probably helped him get that job, one trained as an NHS nurse after and is now back in school doing an animal care postgrad at 27, another works as a special needs carer, and then there was another at uni doing a masters in special education but I don't know what she's doing now.

Society isn't this uniform rigid organism where you get a piece of paper and move onto the next thing (like at school)- it's a moving random thing where your aims/goals, ability to take initiative, goal set, market yourself, and just sheer dumb luck all just plays a messy random role in where people can end up- and increasingly so.

384 Posts
Ill tell you, but Im not sure it will paint the entire picture.

I work in a team of agriculture people. We have minimal main production to survive and a bit overproduction from a secondary unit to trade off. So manual labour. Im pretty much the newbie so Id be on the lower end of the pack order. Which is lovely to me, as I enjoy greatly taking executable orders and not needing to work out how to implement them.

But yes. BSc. Psychology and there was also a certification that was sort of mandatory to link to it to make it become operational back then. Never practised a day as a say psychotherapist, but it was of maximum value for personal growth, social capital selection and manament processes, life manament, and never the least figuring out what matters in life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts