Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to know if any other INFJ plays dumb. For example when I was younger and one of my friends (who was a girl) dropped her pad on the floor, I pretended I didnt see it fall. I turned my head as soon as I saw it fall out of her bag. (Mind you we were 13) but I mainly did it for her I didnt want her to feel embrassed. Then when she asked me if I saw what happen with a red face I said no. I know it was lying (which I hate), but I did it for her, but there is other things I do. Im very aware of what is going on around me, but I always pretend I'm not aware. Conversations between people, facial expression that some people do to each other letting the other one know to shut up and not say that around me. Stuff like this.

Anywho I wanted to know if any other INFJ do this.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I definitely do this. I think that maybe, in some subconscious realm, I do this to "keep tabs" on people (to see if someone will lie to me, etc.), but I definitely do it to spare their feelings on a daily basis. And for the latter, I don't even register it as lying, but rather "protecting." I can't lie to save my life, but if it's to save someone else the trouble, then it's easy breezy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts