Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't believe there is a thread yet for INTPs to discuss various puzzle games that fuel their Ti-Ne preference. Maybe it's just me, but on a boring day I can usually be found on the interwebz playing with different types of puzzle games. It's very troublesome when I don't have some form of puzzle to solve.
My personal favorites are the ones in which you must navigate through obstacles to get the exit. (narrows it down a lot)

Orbox: Orbox online flash game logic puzzle
Probably one of the best. It starts getting a bit complicated around level 13. I find the difficulty level to be just right for an enjoyable puzzle. There's also a 'B' version.

Bloxorz on addicting games is pretty cool too.

I'd love to hear some other puzzles that fellow INTPs (or others) have enjoyed.

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
I don't believe there is a thread yet for INTPs to discuss various puzzle games that fuel their Ti-Ne preference. Maybe it's just me, but on a boring day I can usually be found on the interwebz playing with different types of puzzle games. It's very troublesome when I don't have some form of puzzle to solve.
My personal favorites are the ones in which you must navigate through obstacles to get the exit. (narrows it down a lot)

Orbox: Orbox online flash game logic puzzle
Probably one of the best. It starts getting a bit complicated around level 13. I find the difficulty level to be just right for an enjoyable puzzle. There's also a 'B' version.

Bloxorz on addicting games is pretty cool too.

I'd love to hear some other puzzles that fellow INTPs (or others) have enjoyed.
That Orbox game is quite interesting.

·
Banned
644 Posts
Check out the classic Myst and Rhem computer puzzle series. For the INTP, there are hardly any characters in the game and all of the puzzles are built around logic, intuition, and keen observations. Not to mention, there is beautiful, realistic scenery in both series. If you want to purchase them, Amazon is your best bet.

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I like problem solving. This morning, I stumbled upon a Japanese IQ test. One of those things where everyone has to cross a river, but the mother can't be left with the sons without the father and the theif can't be left with the family if the policeman isn't there and only two people can get on the raft and so on and so forth.
I solved it once, but then I had to work out how I did it and had to complete it a few more times. A few hours later, I forgot how I did it and started trying to do it in my head until I had to RUN back to my laptop and try it again.

Japanese IQ Test

I also enjoy Sudoku on my DS before bed and Tetris ALL THE TIME.

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Has anyone played World of Goo? It's kinda short, but I stayed in my room for a day until I beat it. It was awesome.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Minesweeper.
Although it's not really a puzzle. It's more like mindless, eye-glazing clicking.
I don't know why I like it so much.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try Portal, around 20 bucks.
Thanks for reminding me! I'd played it before for about 5 minutes and forgot about it. I believe I have some extra microsoft points lying around somewhere. Time to lose track of everything in portal puzzles.

...I frickin luv this game.
It's great right?? I figured it be a perfect match for letting some visual Extraverted Intuition go nuts.

Has anyone played World of Goo? It's kinda short, but I stayed in my room for a day until I beat it. It was awesome.
I've never heard of this, but I'm currently downloading a demo =].

·
Banned
596 Posts
Wow - Orbox is similar to a puzzle I made in an RPG that I did very little work on. I love those things!

EDIT: Also, TS, your link doesn't work anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts