Personality Cafe banner

181 - 200 of 7821 Posts

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
It’s like when you swap sandwiches at lunchtime, amirite ?
Your comment automagically tossed this image into my head, sir:

No homo.​

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
It’s like when you swap sandwiches at lunchtime, amirite ?
Haha, nah, I never looked at it in that light. I was just immature and probably had a lot of testosterone which made me believe I was in love. OHWELL.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Haha, nah, I never looked at it in that light. I was just immature and probably had a lot of testosterone which made me believe I was in love. OHWELL.
Tbh I was trying to highlight the irony of me being more likely to believe that than you, despite our ages.
I didn’t mean to suggest you had been immature.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
It’s the sort of result I’ve always expected of an introvert chameleoning. The short-lived-social-exposure-abnormal-environment rush of being amongst the people, luring in one of them and then imploding the facade when the relationship takes a serious turn and the introvert thinker engages analysis mode.

I’m not saying this systematically happens, it just seems that Ishan isn’t sure of his extrovert vs introvert nature and I wonder if this isn’t the result.

Perhaps he has attracted his gfs when deep in introspection and what I said doesn’t apply, Iunno.
Back when I was trying, I noticed a similar effect. I would try with one girl (who did not quite meet my standards of beauty, but heck, I was desperate), she would reciprocate and begin texting back, trying to get into contact, things like that. I would get doubts, things would drag along, and eventually communication would cut back off on her side. It has happened a few times. It reminds me of ENTP-interest bouncing because I am almost completely sure those situations were my fault...but I was not completely into it.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Back when I was trying, I noticed a similar effect. I would try with one girl (who did not quite meet my standards of beauty, but heck, I was desperate), she would reciprocate and begin texting back, trying to get into contact, things like that. I would get doubts, things would drag along, and eventually communication would cut back off on her side. It has happened a few times. It reminds me of ENTP-interest bouncing because I am almost completely sure those situations were my fault...but I was not completely into it.
Why would you do that to someone for the heck of it? That would be devastating to a girl... You come on even though you think she's not attractive enough for you, then you get bored and wait for her to quit trying?

Reactions: grumpy_joycie

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Why would you do that to someone for the heck of it? That would be devastating to a girl... You come on even though you think she's not attractive enough for you, then you get bored and wait for her to quit trying?
It wasn't on purpose. I don't even know what I was doing. Mainly, it was the whole setting up the date part because I would get busy one weekened, she would get busy the next, and eventually, she said 'screw it' (I never actually heard her, but givin the random lack of communication, one can only infer) and gave up.

As assholish as this sounds, there were always those, "Would my friends think that I could do better? Would it be that blatantly obvious that I lowered my standards to others? The plan was just to find someone I could get experience with in the social dynamics so I wouldn't be completely retarded in college...."

And yes, I now once again sound like a sadist. If it helps at all, I did have some feelings for the girls, I was not going out of my way to purposely fake the entire thing. Maybe the devious plans were fabricated by my subconscious to account for why I screwed up. Meh. I decided to say 'screw it' and go travel and enjoy life whether I ever find a mate or not.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
It wasn't on purpose. I don't even know what I was doing. Mainly, it was the whole setting up the date part because I would get busy one weekened, she would get busy the next, and eventually, she said 'screw it' (I never actually heard her, but givin the random lack of communication, one can only infer) and gave up.

As assholish as this sounds, there were always those, "Would my friends think that I could do better? Would it be that blatantly obvious that I lowered my standards to others? The plan was just to find someone I could get experience with in the social dynamics so I wouldn't be completely retarded in college...."

And yes, I now once again sound like a sadist. If it helps at all, I did have some feelings for the girls, I was not going out of my way to purposely fake the entire thing. Maybe the devious plans were fabricated by my subconscious to account for why I screwed up. Meh. I decided to say 'screw it' and go travel and enjoy life whether I ever find a mate or not.
I hear what you're saying, and i get that you were really young. But i wonder about your doubts regarding "lowering your standards" though, and what your friends might say about that. Do your friends know what your standards are? Do they frequently judge you based on the looks of your partner?

Most importantly, I wonder if you weren't for some reason setting unreasonably high expectations for a girl, which she would then inevitably fail to meet and reinforce some kind of idea that you were socially "retarded" even as you tried not to be?

It's good that you took time off from love to discover yourself if thAt's the case, but be aware of it when and if you do decide to seek out a relationship in the future, so you don't string along some perfectly nice girl who can't possibly please you with those kind of expectations. In the meantime, having a mate isn't the be-all end-all of life anyway.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
"Nice guys" reek of entitlement and just plain meanness...

Then complain that WOMEN are impossible to please.
Needs meme or a motifake poster.

Or an animated gif... but for the life of me, can't think of anything fitting. suggestions on what to tie together? I'll get right on that tonight.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
At least pricks don't care about pleasing women in the first place and so don't complain about it.
I kind of thought the quotes around "nice guys" implied that they really were pricks, so I think they would fall into this category.

As opposed to truly nice guys, "nice guys" pretend to be the genuine article, and when you get through the candy coating you find the tiny little prick inside waiting to get out.

P.s. they also make it harder for real nice guys because they convince women that nice guys are really jerks and on top of that, dishonest about it.

181 - 200 of 7821 Posts